PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Skies/NaturalPoint 2v2 Tourney!

x__CRASH__x
02-26-2005, 12:35 AM
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/2v2-GS-Ubi.gif (http://www.ghostskies.com/comp/)

Ghost Skies and NaturalPoint have combined efforts to bring you the Double Domination 2v2 Tournament on Saturday March 12th at 4pm Pacific Time, U.S. on Hyperlobby It is open to any and all! Winning team will earn a brand new Track IR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion for EACH pilot! Sign up today! Official Rules will be available shortly, but here is an overview:

Last Team flying match (1 life only) with a 20 minute time limit. 1 plane will be randomly chosen each round for all pilots to fly. Single elimination for all participants. The tournament will continue until a winning team is discovered!

Hope to see you all there!

Arms1
02-26-2005, 12:58 AM
hi crash, was checking this out but when i click on rules, cant expand any of the branches, will look later using ie, are the rules as far as settings negotiated by the 2 teams or is there a fixed set?
regards Arms

sorry never mind just reread the page and saw rules announced soon

x__CRASH__x
02-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Rules will be set. The normal negotiation that is present in a Ghost Skies cycle match won't be available for the tournament because of the nature of the time table set forth to find a winner.

BlackShrike
02-26-2005, 03:24 AM
fullreal or pitoff?

and active g.s. squads get an advantage? thats bogosity for sure.

Wilburnator
02-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Nice graphic art. lmao! I thought you said you were fussy. J/K

Cragger
02-26-2005, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
http://www.ghostskies.com/comp/

Single elimination, except for members of active Ghost Skies teams, who receive a double elimination benefit.

Hope to see you all there! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was excited until that point. Nothing feels worse than winning a match but losing the competition because you have to rematch and you lose on the go around, and you only get one shot.

Also the link seems to provide no information about the competition on the frontpage or accessable subpages.

x__CRASH__x
02-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally this was to be for Ghost Skies only. But we decided to open it to the public.

Settings will be Cockpit On, no externals. 2k limited icons, Speedbar and Minimap path will be on.

notgoodknight
02-26-2005, 11:22 AM
yeah thats horsepoo. but i guess people like crash need second chance...

Extreme_One
02-26-2005, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
Rules will be set. The normal negotiation that is present in a Ghost Skies cycle match won't be available for the tournament because of the nature of the time table set forth to find a winner. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And map icons off I presume http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sounds good anyway! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

x__CRASH__x
02-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Yes, all other settings will be full switch. 2k icons for ID, plane type and color for both sides.

And about the Double elimination for GS members. Just got out of a discussion with a couple of my Admin. We all rethought about the fairness of the Double for GS members. Our goal was to promote a reason for GS activity. However, I don't want to sacrifice getting community members excited about this NaturalPoint gift. So, we're retracting that part of the tourney.

The Double Domination Tournament will be SINGLE elimination for all participants!

We discussed allowing double elimination for all, but in the interest of the time constraints I have, we are going to keep it Single.

Thanks for the interest! Spread the word!

Extreme_One
02-26-2005, 12:14 PM
...The Double Domination Tournament will be SINGLE elimination for all participants! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good call!

That'll shut-up the nay-sayers.

NP_Jason
02-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Greetings Everyone,

NaturalPoint is pleased to sponsor the "Double Domination" tournament and continue supporting the IL-2/FB/PF Community. Crash has done an excellent job in organizing this event and we know it will be a success. If you don't own a TrackIR or Vector Expansion, this is your chance to win a FREE one! Sign up today!

For anyone who is not familar with the TrackIR 3 or Vector Expansion, please visit www.naturalpoint.com (http://www.naturalpoint.com) or www.trackir.com (http://www.trackir.com) for more information.

The TrackIR 3 with Vector Expansion not only changes your game view, but your entire sim flying experience...forever.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Jason

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-26-2005, 01:53 PM
I need a wingman!! Quick! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BlackShrike
02-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Crash this tournament just in and of itself will be the best advertising for your Ghost Skies. It will also be great advertising for Track IR.

p.m. me i have questions about rules. ALLIED FIGHTER JOCKS will help any way we can.

x__CRASH__x
02-26-2005, 02:35 PM
The Double Domination Tournament will be held March 12th at 4pm Pacifc Time (U.S.) on Hyperlobby!

After further discussions with Jason, we've decided to use an extra week to promote this inagural tournament. We want to make sure we spread the word well enough, plus give people enough time to sign up and absorb the rules and prepare. Not to mention it will give the Ghost Skies staff more time to ready our website and database.

Thank you for understanding our growing pains. We are breaking new ground. I'm sure this will be much easier the next time Ghost Skies brings a prize tournament to the community!

~S~

x__CRASH__x
02-26-2005, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackShrike:
Crash this tournament just in and of itself will be the best advertising for your Ghost Skies. It will also be great advertising for Track IR.

p.m. me i have questions about rules. ALLIED FIGHTER JOCKS will help any way we can. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanted to reward GS members for their loyal participation. But I have another way I'm going to do that. I really want this to do well for NP's sake. Well, for all our sake's, because I would like this to be an extended relationship between Ghost Skies and NaturalPoint, and mutually beneficial.

As far as the rules, let me finish them before you tear them apart RedDeth. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Extreme_One
02-26-2005, 05:10 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif @ all concerned!

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 11:49 PM
This is great the community need tournaments like this. Good going http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif It's hard to organize all this.
Members should encourage this kind of effort anderstand and help the way they can.

x__CRASH__x
03-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I know registration is currently off-line and we don't have the rules up yet. I want to make sure this is right so we can have a smooth competition, rather than thrown together half-a$$. I will let everyone know as soon as we have the rules and a fixed registration available.

Cragger
03-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Hmm the 12th. Well if I can get a bud to attend I think I can come up with an excuse to get out of work.

l6lst_Elite
03-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Not many signed up.Extra week was a good idea.I'd hate for the 325th to win so easily.We are talking about a great prize here people.My trackIR3 pro just came in today and it rocks.SIGN UP TODAY!!!! Where u at AFJ? FA? 334th?663rd?VF?Shall i go on and on? JG? 4xx? PF? I know alot of you great pilots out there.Find a wingman and sign up!!!! 325th_Elite S~

x__CRASH__x
03-01-2005, 06:25 PM
We're working out a bug in the registration, thats why we don't have sign-ups. This will be resolved very shortly.

notgoodknight
03-01-2005, 07:08 PM
can you just mail me my prize? or do i have to sign up?

x__CRASH__x
03-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Rules and Registration is up and ready to use! Sign you and your mate up today!

More functions to come as we get closer to tournament day! Please check in with the site often!

~S~

x__CRASH__x
03-02-2005, 12:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by notgoodknight:
can you just mail me my prize? or do i have to sign up? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You may not be eligible. I think the age limit is 13. I'll have to double check.

x__CRASH__x
03-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Tournament Overview
Double Domination will be a single elimination 2v2 tournament. The Tournament will be held March 12th at 4pm Pacific Standard Time (U.S.) on Hyperlobby. Prior to the first round, teams will need to check in with the Ghost Skies Competition site to that their team is present and ready to compete. At 4pm the first round will be announced via a bracket website and Team Speak server. Teams will be randomly paired against each other and randomly chosen to host. Any team may be required to host, so make sure you have all the required downloads installed AND TESTED prior to the start of the first round. The bracket site will also show what aircraft is to be flown during the round. All pilots will be required to be in the same aircraft. Only prop fighters will be selected. The battle will be fought in accordance with the rules. The match will last 20 minutes, The round will last 30 minutes. Do not mistake them for one another. The 30 minute time for a Round accounts for the extra time needed for teams to find each other and launch the game. The 30 minutes will start 5 minutes after the initial announcement is made. Once the individual match is complete, the winning team will report via the Ghost Skies Competition website, and will await the start of the next round. Rounds will continue until all teams have been eliminated except for one winner, so allow plenty of time.

l6lst_Elite
03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
My GST_V4 does not work.Cannot execute it says.Maps installed fine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifAny help would be appreciated.S~

x__CRASH__x
03-03-2005, 12:01 AM
My fault. I goobed up the self-extractor last night in my haste before bed. It's all fixed now.

~S~

joe3rd
03-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Would register,..except at 30kps dialup vs dsl
guess whom wins? tip; when dsl is at 75% throttle dialups at weapons boost.
"Speed is life."
what would be the point for a dialup user?

x__CRASH__x
03-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I've known several dial up users who connect fine. Plus its only a 2v2. And its on the Ghost Skies match map, which is built to reduce lag and stutters. My dial-up users who fly the Ghost Skies competition have never complained about the maps.

Give it a shot! Whats the worst that can happen? You will have a good time, you will meet cool people from around the world, and you will be helping the IL-2 community set a foothold in prize competitions. If we as a community set a positive standard for this competition, it could open the door for other companies to donate their products for future competitions!

Double Domination is breaking new ground for both IL-2 and Ghost Skies. I want this to be a success with as many playes as possible so we show the companies that we are a strong, active community that is worth their attention and sponsorship.

joe3rd
03-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Crash,
Good Luck & truely wish ya the best in your endevors.
Thanks for your work putting this together, as
I can only imagine the complications involved.
However it takes 28.8k to join I'm only at 30.6k
on good nites and rule 1.2 of the tornney states
"any player maybe required to host"
I shall be up with you guy's just as soon as the phone company here decides to upgrade my area.
I've known several dial up users who connect fine. Plus its only a 2v2. And its on the Ghost Skies match map, which is built to reduce lag and stutters. My dial-up users who fly the Ghost Skies competition have never complained about the maps.

Give it a shot! Whats the worst that can happen? You will have a good time, you will meet cool people from around the world, and you will be helping the IL-2 community set a foothold in prize competitions. If we as a community set a positive standard for this competition, it could open the door for other companies to donate their products for future competitions!

Double Domination is breaking new ground for both IL-2 and Ghost Skies. I want this to be a success with as many playes as possible so we show the companies that we are a strong, active community that is worth their attention and sponsorship. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BlackShrike
03-06-2005, 12:25 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL at crash. hehe ya got gk.

now gk you better win this thing !

i swear everyone that flys this game is INsane

Ernesto_mex
03-06-2005, 04:31 PM
muahaha well, surly -=FA=- been there jaws and me will taking that price so, crash friend, i want that by fedex to acapulco (j/K), cya there guys

x__CRASH__x
03-06-2005, 06:51 PM
if it must get sent to Acapulco, then I will regrefully hand carry it there, and bill NaturalPoint for the traveling expenses. Even if it takes me a full week to find your house, I will not fail in searching for you on every beach and in every bar in the city!

I am truly an inspiration to myself!

RedDeth
03-06-2005, 11:18 PM
QUACK

x__CRASH__x
03-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Time is-a-tickin'! Get signed up!

Henkie_
03-09-2005, 02:40 AM
Why is it only on 1 day? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Why not some more days? And a more better time for European players also?

That was nicer, then can more people join.

Raptor_20thFG
03-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Good Call Crash

Some 20th May acutally show up

S`
20THFG Raptor

x__CRASH__x
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henkie_:
Why is it only on 1 day? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Why not some more days? And a more better time for European players also?

That was nicer, then can more people join. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have to manage the entire tournament on my own. More than 1 day dedicated out of my busy real life schedule would be asking way too much of me. Perhaps in a future tournament we can work out a way for better European times, and possibly longer than 1 day. But I had to fit this inaugural tournament into my family schedule. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but it's the best I can do. I hope you understand, and the times will not preclude you from participating.

Henkie_
03-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Rgr, I understand it.

One of my squadmate tell me about this comptetion and ask me that I be his wingy. Only on that day I can not join http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

It's ok, maybe next time..