PDA

View Full Version : Where did my AC:B Savegames go?

Hawakee
10-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Hi all, I recently formatted and reinstalled my PC and installed AC:B again without any problems at all, however when i press play, my old profile is gone? why is this? in AC2 all the save game profiles where synced with some online server which i assume works the same with AC:B?

Worth mentioning is that if i run the Facebook: Project Legacy game and go into the "train" section it asks for a save game profile to be loaded and there i still have the profile with save games available to select and use for the legacy game, works to load it too and all my assassins and such are still there...

So how come my save game profile isn't available in the real ac:b game?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Kindly Regards,
Joel

Hawakee
10-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Hi all, I recently formatted and reinstalled my PC and installed AC:B again without any problems at all, however when i press play, my old profile is gone? why is this? in AC2 all the save game profiles where synced with some online server which i assume works the same with AC:B?

Worth mentioning is that if i run the Facebook: Project Legacy game and go into the "train" section it asks for a save game profile to be loaded and there i still have the profile with save games available to select and use for the legacy game, works to load it too and all my assassins and such are still there...

So how come my save game profile isn't available in the real ac:b game?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Kindly Regards,
Joel

MT4K
10-01-2011, 11:04 AM
AC2 saved games synched to an online server indeed. However, i believe there was a lot of complaints from people about this and so they changed it for Brotherhood (I think that was the reason. I know people didn't like it for some reason anyway).

Either way though Brotherhood was changed and so it doesn't sync online which means your saved game is lost if you didn't back it up before formatting.

You should have been able to tell though because after exiting AC2 the launcher would "sync files" or whatever it is i forget the wording. Exiting Brotherhood didn't do this and that should have been a hint that it isn't storing them online.

As for Legacy. I've never used Facebook ect, but i can only guess that you synched your saved game with it at some point and Legacy has stored that information. Unfortunately though it doesn't mean it has stored your entire saved game. Likely just the information that Legacy itself used/uses.

On the plus side though it can be a nice excuse to go through Brotherhood again before Revelations comes out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

AnthonyA85
10-01-2011, 03:51 PM
The AC2 online saves were the Plus side to Ubisoft's Always-Online Digital Rights Management system, the one that lots of people complained about, because it required a constant connection to the internet for play, which some could not maintain for various reasons.

Now that system has been all but removed, and you are only required to be connected online when you first start up the game. And i believe it will be like this for every AC game to come.