PDA

View Full Version : People may call this the Zoo....

Bearcat99
05-18-2007, 10:07 PM
But I dont think the name is warranted. This is one of the most helpful, friendly forums around. I have been trying to get help on some software in two other forums.. and I haven't even gotten a decent reply to my post yet... folks can say what they want o about this place but when people come here they usually get help.

Bearcat99
05-18-2007, 10:07 PM
But I dont think the name is warranted. This is one of the most helpful, friendly forums around. I have been trying to get help on some software in two other forums.. and I haven't even gotten a decent reply to my post yet... folks can say what they want o about this place but when people come here they usually get help.

jensenpark
05-18-2007, 10:16 PM
You're probably not to far from the truth here BC...

But Ubizoo sounds so much better than UbiPleasantville or Ubipolitetown, you know?

MrMojok
05-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I think the moniker comes more from the incessant bickering about FMs, charts, and Luftwhiners vs. Crimson Criers.

When I first found this place, one of the very first threads I found was one a guy had started where he claimed the ability to map your flaps to a slider was a 'cheat'... but only for Spitfire Pilots. He wanted Maddox to change the code somehow so that only Spits couldn't have flaps on a slider.

When I found it, the thread was fifteen pages long. And this was in ORR. To this day, that remains one of the most unbelievable things I've seen on any forum ever.

However, you have a very valid point when it comes to help. Several times a week someone new shows up and asks the same kinds of questions we all did when we first started. Each of these posts gets a dozen responses within just a couple of hours, all helpful. You rarely see that on other boards.

Old_Canuck
05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
This is a very helpful forum. During all the shouting in the Boonty era, I was given a few time outs but got some help too so that evened things out a a bit. Overall very helpful forum.

MAX_theHitman
05-18-2007, 10:57 PM
BIG THANKS to ALL who help out in this clubhouse.
I just started to play this thing, and you guys and gals have been very helpfull in every way possible.
MANY thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers
MAX

RAF74_Raptor
05-18-2007, 11:10 PM
AH yes the simhq crowd. I like it better here

S` to all community members

Raptor

ddpairborne59
05-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Totally agree.
You want to learn about something, this is the place.

crazyivan1970
05-18-2007, 11:48 PM
I dont find anything offencive it this nick name... Teh UbiZoo... That makes us what... the zoo keepers, right? No? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Gibbage1
05-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Im just still PO'ed that people STILL have yet to tell me how to retract the landing gear on the Ju-87!!!

Plus, how many years have the German gunsights been broken, and Oleg has YET to fix it?

Not a very helpfull forum if you ask me!!!

Cajun76
05-19-2007, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gibbage1:
Im just still PO'ed that people STILL have yet to tell me how to retract the landing gear on the Ju-87!!!

Plus, how many years have the German gunsights been broken, and Oleg has YET to fix it?

Not a very helpfull forum if you ask me!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ctrl-E fixes both of those, n00b.

leitmotiv
05-19-2007, 12:53 AM
By and large a gentlemans' sporting club---if the gentlemen are wolverines on PCP!

VMF-214_HaVoK
05-19-2007, 01:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gibbage1:

Not a very helpfull forum if you ask me!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do believe Bearcat is referring to how we help eachother and new pilots. Your problems can not be resolved by us.

willyvic
05-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Yeah, we growl and flash teeth frequently but when it comes down to it most of us here are more than willing to help out a fellow simmer.

But come on, Ubizoo fits. I mean just look at some of our members:
Skychimp
Toad
Bearcat
Raptor
et al

This place is-----O.K.

WV

potver
05-19-2007, 02:28 AM
I agree Bearcat, I had a lot of problems with BOE, D-Gen, Ejoyer pathes, but with some help it was gone and everything works ok http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/potver/KOPIEP-4700.jpg now.

MEGILE
05-19-2007, 05:16 AM
UBI-zoo gets hated on by all the wannabes who wish they got banned after the Pilots lounge to be cool, because you can't insult your mother here with naughty words.

DKoor
05-19-2007, 05:23 AM
LoL there's true in that too

msalama
05-19-2007, 05:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah, we growl and flash teeth frequently but when it comes down to it most of us here are more than willing to help out a fellow simmer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Nah, "t3H Zo0" is just an affectionate / humorous nickname if anything I'd say. Sure we have our quarrels, but most of us still go out of our way to help folks whenever there's a need, and that exactly is why I'm giving a big S! to everyone involved right now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So if anything the place is actually a valuable resource to n00bs and veterans alike, isn't it? Stuff gets out of hand occasionally, sure, but that's just life IMHO...

EiZ0N
05-19-2007, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
But I dont think the name is warranted. This is one of the most helpful, friendly forums around. I have been trying to get help on some software in two other forums.. and I haven't even gotten a decent reply to my post yet... folks can say what they want o about this place but when people come here they usually get help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
+1

FliegerAas
05-19-2007, 09:22 AM
In a zoo there are not only predators but also fluffy little animals. So "teh ubizoo" is quite an appropriate designation for this place I think http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif.

T_O_A_D
05-19-2007, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
I dont find anything offencive it this nick name... Teh UbiZoo... That makes us what... the zoo keepers, right? No? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember my old avatar I first chose as Moderator. Stever Irwin with ZooKeeper under it?

crazyivan1970
05-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Yup, i loved that one...