PDA

View Full Version : Tips-Front and Rear torps?

stevenwhiting
03-17-2005, 06:58 AM
Ello. So used up all the front torps, not so good with the rear torps. Is it possible to take out the rear torps and put them in the front tubes?

Thanks.

archer49d
03-17-2005, 07:00 AM
No, at least not realistically...

It takes about 8 crewmen to barley move a torpedo... Now, moving it up through the boat would be a drag. You'd have to do it on deck, but there's not enough room to get around the conning tower without it rolling overboard. Belowdecks, it won't fit through the bulkheads.

Pr0metheus 1962
03-17-2005, 07:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by archer49d:
You'd have to do it on deck, but there's not enough room to get around the conning tower without it rolling overboard... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they used to put them on lifejackets (or something else floaty) and float them alongside the boat in order to transfer them.

quillan
03-17-2005, 07:31 AM
I think it requires a derrick or a crane to lift them. They're quite large and heavy.

stevenwhiting
03-17-2005, 07:36 AM
OK, now looking at it (i fired both rear, can't believe i missed only a few feet away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

The second torb hit but the tanker is listing really bad but won't sink so I need to hit it again.

All torbs are out but I see there seems to be 2 more at the top of the picture of the sub in Weapons Management. Then above is a word says external reserves. What are they for? Can't get anyone to load them.

By the way, this is on the torb training mission.

Gouldjg
03-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Surface and then reload

stevenwhiting
03-17-2005, 07:54 AM
I'm surface but they don't seem to want to reload. Is there a command to reload. And when looking through the periscope all tubes are white. I take it that means you have no torps let?

I've tried ramming him but he won't sink http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif