PDA

View Full Version : Bug with F6F-3: pitch up whilst firing....

tomtheyak
11-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Hello chaps,

I'm getting an uncommanded pitch up of about 2-3 degrees whilst firing guns using the Hellcat, specifically the -3, but <span class="ev_code_RED">only with a loudout, not default.</span>

Once I've expended rockets and bombs every time I fire my .50s I get a kick back thru the joystick (MS FFB2) and a nose up pitch of a couple of degrees - it's VERY frustrating cos it ruins any firing solution particularly on ground targets and enemy fighters.

Can anybody replicate this, either with or without FFB, and tell me so I can contact Team Diadolos to see if it can be addressed?

I'm running 4.09b Modded to U1.2, would appreciate if any unmodded guys could have a go and also see if this is an issue.

Thanks chaps.

tomtheyak
11-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Hello chaps,

I'm getting an uncommanded pitch up of about 2-3 degrees whilst firing guns using the Hellcat, specifically the -3, but <span class="ev_code_RED">only with a loudout, not default.</span>

Once I've expended rockets and bombs every time I fire my .50s I get a kick back thru the joystick (MS FFB2) and a nose up pitch of a couple of degrees - it's VERY frustrating cos it ruins any firing solution particularly on ground targets and enemy fighters.

Can anybody replicate this, either with or without FFB, and tell me so I can contact Team Diadolos to see if it can be addressed?

I'm running 4.09b Modded to U1.2, would appreciate if any unmodded guys could have a go and also see if this is an issue.

Thanks chaps.

TS_Sancho
11-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Remove or rename the gunshake files in the FFB folder of your IL2 installation.

There is already a gunshake effect coded into the game, even if you install one of the modded FFB files when the joystick starts bouncing as well as the aircraft it makes accurate marksmanship impossible.

rnzoli
11-21-2009, 12:07 PM
The funny thing is that you get the stick pulled by the FFB effect also when you're out of ammo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif But if you are out of ammo, you're a sucker anyway. And the effect is not strong enough, just hold the stick steady.

TooCooL34
11-21-2009, 12:30 PM
You just need 3 files, which are
punch.ffe, shake.ffe and spring.ffe.

Remove other files in c:\...\IL-2 Sturmovik\Forcefeedback folder.
You get more realistic feedback and vibration and no more nose up bug.