PDA

View Full Version : Gun Features

llProdigyll2008
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
One of my most favorite features in Far Cry 2 was the fact that your gun can rust and latter blow up. I really hope Ubisoft brings back this feature in Far Cry 3.

Ilovepho
06-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes, I do like that. It makes the game more realistic.

Mr Cataluchi
06-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't know. It's something I could either take or leave. Rusting is natural, but I don't know how natural it is to have a different gun rust on you every day. I don't hate it, but I don't think having it would wow me either. When I played Far Cry 2, I really valued the Golden AK47 because it didn't fall apart on me. With so much other realism in that game, I don't think rusting was something I focused much on. I'd rather deal with wild animal attacks.

Martythemerc
06-08-2011, 08:27 PM
If there are gun shops, I found it annoying (on 360) that the save game feature was in the shop and not in the armory. I would have to buy - load up, go back and save. I really didn't mind the weapons in FC2 - I always carried the Dragonov, PKM, and varied the secondary unless I was going stealth with Dart, MP, Silent Mackarov.

Yes, degradation was a natural event and something to always think about as part of the over-all planning.

legacyzero
06-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm not looking for too much realism in this game. Keep it normal, and keep it action packed.

k4Anarky2011
06-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by legacyzero:
I'm not looking for too much realism in this game. Keep it normal, and keep it action packed.
if you want an action packed game, you would be better off with Battlefield 3 or MW3
Far Cry is unique; it has evolved into something that shares the similar verisimilitude of war: long stretch of boredom follows with brief moments of sheer terror.
If you have played FC2, you will understand the long drive and wait, then the respawing enemies shower you down with bullets. Far Cry 2 was a good starting point for this kind of value, but many people hate it, so it is going to be dialed down a bit here, but it will still keep the Far Cry formula
So don't expect a Call of Duty-like campaign where everything blows up around you constantly. In this game, you might die really quick and get frustrated if you don't consider your actions

killa_677
06-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by llProdigyll2008:
One of my most favorite features in Far Cry 2 was the fact that your gun can rust and latter blow up. I really hope Ubisoft brings back this feature in Far Cry 3.

I was fine with the rusting and jamming but the gun exploding was not realistic at all. Instead of it exploding maybe it should catch on fire or the firing pin pops out or something.

x_maxpower204
06-08-2011, 09:48 PM
I think its already been confirmed that weapon degradation is gone. Prob vehicle degradation too. No malaria either.

They're getting away from those FC2 features, and back to action based gameplay. Fire is still there though, so we'll prob have the flamethrower too.

Mr Cataluchi
06-09-2011, 02:33 PM
In the 2nd to last paragraph, a developer claims that weapon degradation will not be present in the new game.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/f..._3/preview-3046.html (http://www.videogamer.com/pc/far_cry_3/preview-3046.html)

Ilovepho
06-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm a bit dsiappointed that degradation is gone because it makes FC2 more realistics and stand out in the FPS crowd, but it's not a deal breaker, though.

pl4yer2436
06-09-2011, 03:47 PM
I loved that too, it made it feel real. I hope they bring that back but have some level of customization to the guns, like putting on lasers or anything of that sort. that would be cool.

legacyzero
06-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by k4Anarky2011:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by legacyzero:
if you want an action packed game, you would be better off with Battlefield 3 or MW3
Far Cry is unique; it has evolved into something that shares the similar verisimilitude of war: long stretch of boredom follows with brief moments of sheer terror.
If you have played FC2, you will understand the long drive and wait, then the respawing enemies shower you down with bullets. Far Cry 2 was a good starting point for this kind of value, but many people hate it, so it is going to be dialed down a bit here, but it will still keep the Far Cry formula
So don't expect a Call of Duty-like campaign where everything blows up around you constantly. In this game, you might die really quick and get frustrated if you don't consider your actions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you missed my point.

pl4yer2436
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
the game was to hard for you like that.

KarimRaef
06-11-2011, 03:15 AM
i would like to see it in campaign but not in multiplayer

LostGunner
06-11-2011, 06:04 AM
What about the 4 wheelers ( AV ? ) that were shown in the FC3 trailers, they don't show any guns mounted on top. What I saw looked like some kind of a gun turret mount but I may be wrong.
Any ideas on this subject?

o0Kman0o
06-13-2011, 01:11 AM
It would be nice to have one gun when you buy instead of unlimited in that shed, because my gun never really rusted because I was just grabbing a new one, It would be nice to decrease the time of rusting but when it does break you have to pay for repairs or something, That way it seems like a more personal gun.

The_Interceptor
06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
I LOVE the weapon degradation in FC2 and im disappointed to hear that this feature will not be present. It adds an unpredictable element to firefights, and i think it's one of the things that makes FC2 unique.

I hope they change their minds.
Why not put it in the game and add the option to turn it off in the menu ?

Comrade Putin
06-14-2011, 08:14 PM
The rusting was completely unrealistic. Guns do not rust after a few hours of use. They use materials and finishes to prevent that. The jamming was cool, though, but could be handled more realistically (whacking the gun won't do anything, and "pull harder on the charging handle" is kinda lame). What they should do is have scratches, dirt, even blood accumulate on the weapon as its condition deteriorates. At worst condition, an assault rifle should jam maybe once every 3-4 mags. At best, once every 10-15 mags. You should also have the option to clean and maintain your guns to return them to a better condition (possibly something that is tied with XP?).