PDA

View Full Version : installin add on missions

madness.6969
09-03-2007, 09:58 AM
i just got mosquito squadron missions from mission4today and i was wondering how do i install them. there was no read me and im not sure how far to break them down to put them in the coresponding folder. for eg. when i go to put the skins in in says " do i want to overwrite?"
THx

madness.6969
09-03-2007, 09:58 AM
i just got mosquito squadron missions from mission4today and i was wondering how do i install them. there was no read me and im not sure how far to break them down to put them in the coresponding folder. for eg. when i go to put the skins in in says " do i want to overwrite?"
THx

-HH- Beebop
09-03-2007, 10:44 AM
First extract the contents of the zipfile to your desktop. There you should have several folders. One should contain the campaign missions, .ini and .info files. As this is a Mosquito campaign this folder would probably go into: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\GB

If there is an Awards folder place it there as well BUT...back up the current folder first as it will want to overwrite the default ones. Sometimes this isn't a bad deal as some user made awards are better looking or more accurate. Then too the awards may be specific for this campaign.

Based on what you wrote there seems to be a Paintschemes/Skins folder. If it's asking to "overwrite" it means you probably already have the skin. To make sure open the skin in your current install and compare it to the skin that wants to overwrite. Occasionally the skinner may have used the same name as another skin. Compare the two and decide if you want to over write. If they are different then you need to decide if your want to rename one of the skins. The campaign will use the skin name the campaign builder chose so if you rename the one already in your folder, and that skin is used in another campaign of mission you're flying you will get the new skin in it's place.

It's too bad the campaign maker assumed everyone knew how to install campaigns. I put installation instructions in everything I upload for the community. Plus I use "Full File Path Names" when I make the zipfile. If more folks would put their skin/mission/campaign in their Ubisoft folder first then make the Zipfile using full paths you could just point the Zipfile to "Extract To" your main Ubisoft folder and Bob's your uncle.

Whatever you decide, if you get the message that something wants to "Overwrite", stop, back up whatever it wants to overwrite first. That way you can put back the original at a later time if you desire.

Hope this was of some help.