PDA

View Full Version : Any Luftwaffe Combat Reports anywhere?

Xiolablu3
09-08-2006, 01:17 AM
I have been readin some of the combat reports on Spit Performance and would like to compare them with the German reports.

Does anyone know if there are any on the net? I cannot read German.

I wanted to see if there were as many instances of Germans saying they 'turned inside the EA'. WHat I found strange was 2 Spitfire XIV pilots saying that they could both outturn Me109's even with their drop tanks still on.

'I could not get rid of my drop tank at first, but I found that even
with the tank on I could turn inside the e/a'

and

' The Spitfire XIV is definitely better
than the 109 as I could do a better climbing turn even with my tank on.'

I would be very interested to read some German reports to see if they are saying basically the same htings. I suspect they will do, and the best 109 pilots will be outturning Spits and P51's all the time.

Xiolablu3
09-08-2006, 01:17 AM
I have been readin some of the combat reports on Spit Performance and would like to compare them with the German reports.

Does anyone know if there are any on the net? I cannot read German.

I wanted to see if there were as many instances of Germans saying they 'turned inside the EA'. WHat I found strange was 2 Spitfire XIV pilots saying that they could both outturn Me109's even with their drop tanks still on.

'I could not get rid of my drop tank at first, but I found that even
with the tank on I could turn inside the e/a'

and

' The Spitfire XIV is definitely better
than the 109 as I could do a better climbing turn even with my tank on.'

I would be very interested to read some German reports to see if they are saying basically the same htings. I suspect they will do, and the best 109 pilots will be outturning Spits and P51's all the time.