PDA

View Full Version : What a way to die..

pensfan17
02-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Hello all,

Was about 4-5 missions into the Hurricane Season campaign. Flying cover for a convoy over the Channel, when my hurricane was hit by something, enemy aircraft or AA from the convoy, I don't know. I bail out, chute deploys, and decide to watch the action while I float down. Hear engines overhead, see tracers from convoy AA near me then look behind me and notice 4-5 chutes open from a shot down German bomber. They were very close to me and almost the same altitude. Then I see the convoy AA open up at the German chutes, This isn't good since I'm between the Germans and the convoy. The AA kills me, and all the Germans too! So much for the rules of war!!!

Has this happened to any of you?

Al

pensfan17
02-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Hello all,

Was about 4-5 missions into the Hurricane Season campaign. Flying cover for a convoy over the Channel, when my hurricane was hit by something, enemy aircraft or AA from the convoy, I don't know. I bail out, chute deploys, and decide to watch the action while I float down. Hear engines overhead, see tracers from convoy AA near me then look behind me and notice 4-5 chutes open from a shot down German bomber. They were very close to me and almost the same altitude. Then I see the convoy AA open up at the German chutes, This isn't good since I'm between the Germans and the convoy. The AA kills me, and all the Germans too! So much for the rules of war!!!

Has this happened to any of you?

Al

b2spirita
02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Yeah, AAA always engages you when you are in a parachute.

Zeus-cat
02-11-2009, 05:21 PM
AAA fires at enemy parachutes all the time. It was just your bad luck that you were in the way. I have had my aircraft shot up by friendly AAA, but I never recall getting shot in my chute.

ffb
02-12-2009, 12:06 AM
There is a mod to prevent AAA shooting at pilots in parachutes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Outlaw---
02-12-2009, 06:45 AM
I bailed out of an Me-110 while flying online and my rear gunner shot me as I passed between his guns and the P-47 that blew by us.

--Outlaw.

Bobbo_Tabor
02-12-2009, 09:42 AM
I guess it makes up for you never have to worry about friendly AAA mistaking you for the otherside.

Aaron_GT
02-12-2009, 09:55 AM
If you chase an enemy fighter into heavy AAA (on your side) it's perfectly possible to get shot up/down by your side's AAA. I've also been shot up by an AI wingman before!

crucislancer
02-12-2009, 10:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
If you chase an enemy fighter into heavy AAA (on your side) it's perfectly possible to get shot up/down by your side's AAA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, so true. I was playing a mission from the "Battle of Milne Bay" campaign, a scramble. I took off, gain some altitude, saw the Zekes, and as I was closing something blew my wing off. Looking at the track later I found it was my airfields AAA.

I don't think I've ever been shot down by my wingman, but he's been clever enough to take me out in other ways, like when attempting to rejoin formation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

DKoor
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
IL-2 AAA can't stand the enemy in chutes.
They will fire at anything just to see them killed.