PDA

View Full Version : new hiding possiblity an idea of a possible moral system

piratprince
08-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Something crossed my mind.

I would like to see the crowd let u hide in their houses. They should quickly open the door and let u in till the guards calm down. Even further!
maybe they can integrate a morality system if u are a bad assassins they betrayed you. If u don't kill people and if u help the society they will help u.
This should work as a cycle and region wise. you have to prove u self. Is not about bad or good the crowd should act more selfish. I am also interested in dangerous hiding places where it is possible to make mistakes that will uncover the hiding spot.

just a thought. Sorry for my bad English.

What are u thinking about it? Maybe u have great ideas for implementing a moral system that fits in the universe?

piratprince
08-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Something crossed my mind.

I would like to see the crowd let u hide in their houses. They should quickly open the door and let u in till the guards calm down. Even further!
maybe they can integrate a morality system if u are a bad assassins they betrayed you. If u don't kill people and if u help the society they will help u.
This should work as a cycle and region wise. you have to prove u self. Is not about bad or good the crowd should act more selfish. I am also interested in dangerous hiding places where it is possible to make mistakes that will uncover the hiding spot.

just a thought. Sorry for my bad English.

What are u thinking about it? Maybe u have great ideas for implementing a moral system that fits in the universe?

Mikatsuki95
08-02-2011, 08:10 AM
I've always been a fan of moral systems. It offers more freedom and diversity in video games. However given how far down the road this franchise is I don't know if that's something they can suddenly add. I think that's a good idea you have there, I'm just not sure how well it can fit in with AC specifically. But I mean if we are talking about the basic "good" and "bad" here the tenents of the creed already demand that you serve the people and not kill innocents so your kinda already "good" in that perspective.

scout455
08-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I like the idea of the different system only if it wold fit into the story some how like with the recruits. But the peoPle impinge into windows of other houses as hideing spots sounds alittle ******ed to me but that is my opinion. I don't c random people opening up windows to let u jump in thierry house. It just seems wierd.

Jakob4242
08-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I don't think a morality system would work when accessing an Ancestor's memories. However I was thinking along the same lines the other day.

Have a group of people, for an Assassin to blend with, capable of deciding if they want this Assassin in their group. If your norteity is high enough they could kick you out of blend and maybe quietly alert the guards to you. The group could give you a warning before kicking you out of blend.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 01:59 PM
They could be able to combine this with the vigilante concept.

Calvarok
08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Not morality. Notoriety. If you get too much notoriety, crowds should be less willing to help you. Morality systems are unwieldy and annoying, not to mention generic.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 03:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Not morality. Notoriety. If you get too much notoriety, crowds should be less willing to help you. Morality systems are unwieldy and annoying, not to mention generic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He is most definitely not referring to notoriety. He's referring to the morality of the actions of the player having influence on the help he's getting. Meaning that if you kill innocents for example, people won't help you or even betray you.

blazefp
08-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Meh no doubt that's a cool idea but it's already easy to escape the guards, it's not a very substantial idea

piratprince
08-03-2011, 03:51 AM
Maybe the morality system can work with the notoriety system.

I remember those days when playing outcast (scifi alien game in a rich open world universe). While trying to buy something at the market place the guards spotted me. The merchant quickly aborted the conversation. He said "i cant talk too u right now". This was a really epic moment. Because the people react dynamically to the world and u get thrilled. I think if the world reflects the way of your play style then you get more immersed into the game.

This should work with guilds people too. If u made u self a name then they either likes u or betrays u. Depending of your actions. Like If u kill somebody in front of a merchant eyes the merchant will not speak to u. till u wash your name again. This will increase the difficulty level. And some people will hire a killer to kill u because you killed someones love interest. These things should not have impact of the main story its all about too keep the game play fresh. So i like the idea to be more conscious of my actions.

Chamboozer
08-03-2011, 04:23 AM
Depends on who's chasing you. It wouldn't make much sense for a law abiding Ottoman citizen to let Ezio into their home and risk the wrath of the government in their own capital simply because he's got a good reputation.

Perhaps it could work among particular minorities. For example you do a lot of missions for the Jews or Greeks and they'll help you out in their particular sections of the city, only if the guards can't see them. It could work just like any other hiding place.

Serrachio
08-03-2011, 06:56 AM
I like the idea of tying some sort of consequence to the Notoriety system.

Currently, the only negative to the notoriety system is that guards spot you easier, but I would like it if civilians could refuse to help you if you had a certain level of notoriety. After all, Notoriety in AC2 and Brotherhood could easily be solved by ripping down posters, and I don't get why they haven't expanded on it by now (aside from the Assassin's Dens).

Blend groups could push you away if you have too much notoriety, Vigilantes could be killed when they're trying to help you. After all, I didn't get why they weren't being killed by guards if the Borgia hated the common people of Rome.

Merchants could refuse to sell to you as well.

At the moment it just seems so... easy. Having everyone against you when you have notoriety might make it a more serious concept.

That being said, I'd like it if you only got notoriety if you were witnessed doing things.

Yeah sure, one guard might spot me a second before I jump on him and ram the hidden blade into his throat, but if no guards are around to see me do it, and the guy dies too quickly to shout, why do I get a small chunk of notoriety for being quick about it?

LightRey
08-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah there's something that's been bugging me since AC1. It's that when you kill someone in public, civilians will go run around panicking and screaming things like "Murderer!" and "Guards!", but when the guards see them they completely ignore the commotion and only even become aware of you after seeing you near a dead body or something.

Bipolar Matt
08-03-2011, 11:42 AM
I have to admit, I kind of rolled my eyes when I first read this title. However, now that you say it that way about earning the trust of local populations instead of being a good/bad assassin, I do like that idea. Will it be implemented? Honestly, probably not in AC:R, but it's a good thought for a future game!

WortWort117
08-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Thats a really good idea!

E-Zekiel
08-03-2011, 01:15 PM
I like moral systems too. Always do. I try to play Ezio in action as a nice guy - ALWAYS try to spare as many people as I can. Guards? I go for KOs, mostly. Because most of them seem like people that are just doing their jobs. They can be annoying, but they're human. Dispatch their buddies in rapid succession, and they remember that they have lives they care about and want to live.

Anyway. You take my meaning. I really wish the game would see KOs as...KOs. Not kills. There were some missions in AC:B I failed a few times due to DON'T KILL ANY GUARDS when all I did was KO them, lol.

Jakob4242
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I like moral systems too. Always do. I try to play Ezio in action as a nice guy - ALWAYS try to spare as many people as I can. Guards? I go for KOs, mostly. Because most of them seem like people that are just doing their jobs. They can be annoying, but they're human. Dispatch their buddies in rapid succession, and they remember that they have lives they care about and want to live.

Anyway. You take my meaning. I really wish the game would see KOs as...KOs. Not kills. There were some missions in AC:B I failed a few times due to DON'T KILL ANY GUARDS when all I did was KO them, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this bugs me as well. Sometimes it does count as a KO, but only if its an element in
the mission. I wish there was a stun option when walking behind a guard, instead of breaking their neck.

Serrachio
08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jakob4242:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Anyway. You take my meaning. I really wish the game would see KOs as...KOs. Not kills. There were some missions in AC:B I failed a few times due to DON'T KILL ANY GUARDS when all I did was KO them, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this bugs me as well. Sometimes it does count as a KO, but only if its an element in
the mission. I wish there was a stun option when walking behind a guard, instead of breaking their neck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it'd be quite funny for Ezio to approach them from behind and them slap them across their ears, before sweeping their feet from underneath them.