PDA

View Full Version : Brand Noob

Venom822
12-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Just installed the stand alone version and patched with 100mb pf_303.

All is gooud until I try to quit the game. As soon as I click on the "yes" confirmation my rig locks up. No way to exit except to push the reset button.

Any ideas of what might be the prob and how to fix?

P4, 1.7, 1 gig ram, Win XP SP2, 9600xt all drivers are current.

Yellonet
12-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the forums! =)

Don't have a solution to your problem though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Die_Hard1
12-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Basic reinstall bro. Make sure you have all the patches to PF stand alone. Not just 3.03.

Hope it works.

ReligiousZealot
12-27-2004, 10:19 AM
I had the exact same problem, turns out my motherboard and video card drivers were out of date...try updating those, if that doesn't work just contact Customer Support through e-mail making sure to attach your "DxDiag.txt" info though. I don't have a link, but I got a reply before the end of the day telling me how to fix my PF.

Venom822
12-27-2004, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Die_Hard1:
Basic reinstall bro. Make sure you have all the patches to PF stand alone. Not just 3.03.

Hope it works. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK but it says that the 303.exe is to be applied right over the out of the box install. Maybe I mis read it. Thanks

Venom822
12-27-2004, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ReligiousZealot:
I had the exact same problem, turns out my motherboard and video card drivers were out of date...try updating those, if that doesn't work just contact Customer Support through e-mail making sure to attach your "DxDiag.txt" info though. I don't have a link, but I got a reply before the end of the day telling me how to fix my PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My drivers are current so maybe the email. Thanks

Venom822
12-27-2004, 07:05 PM
turns out my sound driver was not up to date.
problem solved.