PDA

View Full Version : Will my pc run this? (AC2) Speculation, I know...

SilentAce07
08-17-2009, 01:04 AM
First of all, let me apologize if this has already been brought up, but Im trying to plan my pc gaming for the next couple months and wondering what AC2 will look like on my rig.

I am hoping for 30-50fps with decently high settings. I dont have AC1 on pc, so my guess on how well its going to run would be less informed than a pc player here.

Was AC1 a system hog?

My specs:
Windows 7 64bit
AMD Athlon 64+ x2 2.7 OC to 3ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250
4gb DDR3 RAM

I know for a fact Ill be able to play it, but im wondering how much of a hog the AC engine is...

SilentAce07
08-17-2009, 01:04 AM
First of all, let me apologize if this has already been brought up, but Im trying to plan my pc gaming for the next couple months and wondering what AC2 will look like on my rig.

I am hoping for 30-50fps with decently high settings. I dont have AC1 on pc, so my guess on how well its going to run would be less informed than a pc player here.

Was AC1 a system hog?

My specs:
Windows 7 64bit
AMD Athlon 64+ x2 2.7 OC to 3ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250
4gb DDR3 RAM

I know for a fact Ill be able to play it, but im wondering how much of a hog the AC engine is...

Xanatos2007
08-17-2009, 02:49 AM
I've got:
Windows Vista Home Premium
4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core2Duo 2.66GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 512MB

It runs AC1 on MAX settings just fine, I'm sure it'll be able to run AC2 fairly decently. Alternatively, you could op for one of these. (http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Review/122244,nrg-storm.aspx) It's basically what the Animus is developed from http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

SilentAce07
08-17-2009, 12:35 PM
My apologies, ddr2 ram, not 3. Have no idea why I typed that.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I was considering upgrading my processor as it holds me back in games like Crysis and Arma 2, and being new to pc gaming, im not used to there being games I cant play. Im assuming since AC2 uses the same engine as the first, I wont be having too much trouble playing it on this rig. Heres hoping.