PDA

View Full Version : What Ac needs to improve on

Yairo809
12-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Now i believe this game has the potential to be a game of the year winner, lets list things that would help ac get to that level if they are implemented. Do you agree with my opinion on things that need to be improved or added in future games. Let the devs hear our opinions and ideas on ac games =).

1. More voice actors: most guards and people you meet in the game have the same voice...kinda messes up the immersion in the game.
2. More character models: Almost every npc has the same face...feels a little cheap to me.
3. Better random events: the random events in revelations were very ughh very non-existent.
4. Make weapons in the game actually meaningful: I mean c'mon you an bassically get a 3 hit kill with any weapon no matter how weak its stats are.
5. Economy system: The whole buying shops thing, throw that out and make it harder to earn money, it feels like a chore having to buy them all.
6. Assassin Recruit system: training assassins should not be like a facebook game, it should be more interactive yeah the missions with them were a start but they still felt generic.
7. Add more places to go to >_<: yeah constantinople is big but id rather be able to go from place to place like ac2.
8. Changing Weather: If Ubisoft really wants to make their open world environments more organic this is a must.
9. More customization options: This should apply to weapons, clothes and assassin recruits.
10. More guards to fight!: This ranges from more archetypes of guards and greater number of guards in the city.

LordWolv
12-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Tiny little improvements that would only cost Ubisoft more money, spending less money on the game. Not only that but none of these would increase my experience whatsoever.

So, yeah, thanks.

kriegerdesgottes
12-17-2011, 10:16 PM
I 100% agree with #3

DavisP92
12-17-2011, 10:19 PM
well Isaac, it might not increase ur experience at all, but i'd like to see some more city events in the game. Seeing how they took out side missions for them. Also yea i don't like how almost every face of the recruits are the same. and stats on weapons are pointless. I want coop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EzioAssassin51
12-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Number 5 and 6 are really personal opinion, most people really enjoy the Recruitment, especially since it's a hell of a lot more interactive than Brotherhood, as you can put assassins in cities around Europe and recruit more, which has kept me busy for quite a while.

And number 5, I don't find it a chore, I find it fun. They should keep the renovation and ACR is good with the difficulty of making money IMO, which I'm pretty sure was less than ACB... But they shouldn't throw it out, it's a good mechanic to keep and it stops us from being able to get everything at once at the start of the game. Otherwise we wouldn't have to work to have that conveniently placed blacksmith who is about ten meters away where we can refill our crossbow arrows or repair our armour.

7 I kind of agree with but Constantinople is big and awesome which is fine for me like Rome, especially since we get Cappadoccia this time round.

1 and 2 are petty complaints that the devs don't need to stress over IMO, since they are so little and I'd rather the devs concentrate on bigger more important things than slightly different character faces.

3 I agree with though!

Serrachio
12-18-2011, 12:57 AM
The only thing I hated about recruit contracts is that money hardly came in when I needed it, and then Mediterranean Defense charged me a lot with some missions.

I got the impression that it was pointless to do any thing other than Install Assassin Dens in the cities, because it'd seem like once Templars tried to siege the city, I'd end up having to shell out again.

YuurHeen
12-18-2011, 01:08 AM
they should let you at least do something with huge amounts of money.

sassinscreed
12-18-2011, 02:05 AM
longer story and more missions

assassins creed 2 was perfect assassins creed game
brotherhood and revelations were disappointment compared to ac2

saku91
12-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
longer story and more missions

assassins creed 2 was perfect assassins creed game
brotherhood and revelations were disappointment compared to ac2
Agree! I feel sad assassin's creed games have become more and more shorter. And I rather wait another year to have perfect assassin's creed than halfway good ac. I feel that last two games (revelations
especially) has made wit too much hurry. Agreed also with Yairo809, #3, #4 and #7.

crash3
12-18-2011, 09:38 AM
I hope there are at least 3 different cities to visit in AC3

Sarari
12-18-2011, 11:47 AM
They need to remove the over-done, time consuming combos and counter attacks. I don't like them at all.

Combos and counters were best in AC1 and AC2.

LightRey
12-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
They need to remove the over-done, time consuming combos and counter attacks. I don't like them at all.

Combos and counters were best in AC1 and AC2.
I do agree they are a bit too long.

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Should be:
punch > stab

Instead is:
Twurl > Punch > Knee > Spin > Stab > Do a dance > Stab again but somewhere else > Blade the face > Slam into the ground > Get hit by another 10 guards and die while you're caring out your ballroom dance routine with a templar

Sarari
12-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
Should be:
punch > stab

Instead is:
Twurl > Punch > Knee > Spin > Stab > Do a dance > Stab again but somewhere else > Blade the face > Slam into the ground > Get hit by another 10 guards and die while you're caring out your ballroom dance routine with a templar
Totally agree on that. lol

Has anyone here done the move where you put the sword through the guys head, twist is 360, and pull it back out without even looking? Well that is one of many examples -___-

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 01:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
Should be:
punch > stab

Instead is:

Has anyone here done the move where you put the sword through the guys head, twist is 360, and pull it back out without even looking? Well that is one of many examples -___- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah. I have to admit the blood and the sound that makes is pretty cool; but then I watched as a gunman lined up his shot while I could do nothing to prevent the bullet going into my head. Oh well.

dxsxhxcx
12-18-2011, 01:16 PM
another thing to add to the list:

make slow motion kills optional;

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm not bothered about slow mo kills. I think they're a good way to end a fight; and as long as of course they only happen at the end of the fight, I enjoy them.

NewBlade200
12-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Most of these are nitpicks compared to the main problem:

More focus on the main assassinations!

I agree with 3 and especially 7 though.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 01:55 PM
5. Economy system: The whole buying shops thing, throw that out and make it harder to earn money, it feels like a chore having to buy them all.

And then what? I tried to get input on what the economy system could be instead but . . not much input. It also links to the treasure chests.
If they keep bombs they can keep ingredients in them...

In the game, the Templars are supressing the people, so they've aimed our spending on liberation of the city and gaining a stronghold.

What is your idea of a good value system instead ?
If we're going to ask them to scrap something, I think we should offer ideas we like in place of it?

Sarari
12-18-2011, 03:47 PM
They should keep the slow motion, but just don't make it at such a close view. I think they should keep it at the same camera angle as the regular combat is. If the slow mo kicked in there, you could see everything and would be much better.

kriegerdesgottes
12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
another thing to add to the list:

make slow motion kills optional;

Agreed, or non-existent. Same goes for 100% synch. I'd probably enjoy it more if it was optional.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
They should keep the slow motion, but just don't make it at such a close view. I think they should keep it at the same camera angle as the regular combat is. If the slow mo kicked in there, you could see everything and would be much better.

That sounds about right -I really liked some of the slo-mo, it's something fans were asking for if I remember correctly.

Animuses
12-18-2011, 05:39 PM
They should get rid of the slow motion kills... and while they're at that, they could get rid of the execution streaks too.

It'd be better if they revert back to the AC1/AC2 style combat.

De Filosoof
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
The physics need an upgrade. It kinda ruin the graphics of the game when everything is glitching through everyting...it's in your face all the time because armor glitches through his clothes and also his swords and stuff.
It looks kinda ugly when he is about to jump and is low to the ground his clothes are glitching through the ground instead of laying on the ground.

EzioAssassin51
12-18-2011, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
Should be:
punch > stab

Instead is:

Has anyone here done the move where you put the sword through the guys head, twist is 360, and pull it back out without even looking? Well that is one of many examples -___- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah. I have to admit the blood and the sound that makes is pretty cool; but then I watched as a gunman lined up his shot while I could do nothing to prevent the bullet going into my head. Oh well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Omg, yes! And the ones were Ezio stabs them and keeps the sword in him for like three seconds, whether he be falling and trying to grab onto the sword or slumping over the sword. I dread running into those animations... -_-

Originally posted by Animuses:
...and while they're at that, they could get rid of the execution streaks too.

It'd be better if they revert back to the AC1/AC2 style combat.

YES! GREAT IDEA! I loved those staring contests that made combat a drag and extremely boring an not very fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But seriously, why in the world would you want to revert back to that?

Yairo809
12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">5. Economy system: The whole buying shops thing, throw that out and make it harder to earn money, it feels like a chore having to buy them all.

And then what? I tried to get input on what the economy system could be instead but . . not much input. It also links to the treasure chests.
If they keep bombs they can keep ingredients in them...

In the game, the Templars are supressing the people, so they've aimed our spending on liberation of the city and gaining a stronghold.

What is your idea of a good value system instead ?
If we're going to ask them to scrap something, I think we should offer ideas we like in place of it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we should EARN the money, this could be integrated with a variety of different random events, endless amounts of assassination missions much like the red dead redemption bounty hunting, make weapons NEEDED in order to beat the game, maybe add more to buy, dual wielded swords, more costume customization, upgrade weapons. Adding collectables that reward you more with money, be more meaningful in game, the animus fragments were a start. Why not add more and more, this economic system seems like a lazy way to balance the lack of things to do in ac. well these are just my thoughts on ac after having played it so thoroughly.

Animuses
12-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Execution streaks are not fitting for AC(imo) and I've gotten bored of them. Playing AC1 and AC2 really shows me how much I miss the old style of combat.
There is not much to add to the streaks, meanwhile there was so much possibilities that could've been added to the Assassins and the enemy AI in the other combat style.
The streaks do the work for you and there really isn't any thinking involved. In the original combat style, I could think of many different ways to kill them, try to avoid their strengths and exploit their weaknesses.

Sarari
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Some people want it easy. Many prefer the kill streaks over the original fighting style. Personally I enjoyed the combat of AC1, but I still like kill streaks at times. The only problem I have with them are the over-done moves. They're really starting to irritate me and they don't fit the AC style at all.

Slow motion looks amazing on the air assassination, especially when it makes that echoing cling sound. That's too nice hahaha.

Btw to the op, the reason I (maybe others) am not posting anything like assassination target improvements is because Ubisoft for sure won't take our word for it unless we get riot. They're fine with the game and just like every other gaming company they don't care about what we think as long as they're getting money - which they are.

OnizukaSensei
12-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
YES! GREAT IDEA! I loved those staring contests that made combat a drag and extremely boring an not very fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But seriously, why in the world would you want to revert back to that?

I don't know about you, but this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvt-oAZ8JP8&feature=g-vrec&context=G254ad12RVAAAAAAAAAA) is most definitely not a staring contest.

@Animuses:
AC1's combat was fine, AC2's was ALMOST the same, except the guards were more...docile... and provided much more comic relief - something that I don't think they needed.

OnizukaSensei
12-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Some people want it easy. Many prefer the kill streaks over the original fighting style. Personally I enjoyed the combat of AC1, but I still like kill streaks at times. The only problem I have with them are the over-done moves. They're really starting to irritate me and they don't fit the AC style at all.

Slow motion looks amazing on the air assassination, especially when it makes that echoing cling sound. That's too nice hahaha.

Btw to the op, the reason I (maybe others) am not posting anything like assassination target improvements is because Ubisoft for sure won't take our word for it unless we get riot. They're fine with the game and just like every other gaming company they don't care about what we think as long as they're getting money - which they are.

The slow motions are nice, but they tend to get glitchy when those fancy animations start going...the sounds start going out of sync, and that just ruins it. :/

Sarari
12-18-2011, 08:03 PM
They should make a setting for it. Shouldn't be so hard to do so. I just wish they would take out the moves that Ezio does. I can't imagine what kind of moves the next assassin will be doing. I don't think I'll be able to stand the crap.

Animuses
12-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Frozenphoenix02:
@Animuses:
AC1's combat was fine, AC2's was ALMOST the same, except the guards were more...docile... and provided much more comic relief - something that I don't think they needed.
Almost? I guess you could say that, but with the addition of disarming, hidden blade melee, the archetypes, and the reworked fists combat, the feel of it changed a lot.

OnizukaSensei
12-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frozenphoenix02:
@Animuses:
Almost? I guess you could say that, but with the addition of disarming, hidden blade melee, the archetypes, and the reworked fists combat, the feel of it changed a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, for the most part, the formula didn't change, but got simplified. (e.g. guards don't counter you for damage, some of their abilities were split into archetypes, a general dumbing down) And the main character was more powerful, with the addition of said melee combat, disarming, and fist combat. The balance shifted in the player's favor, and it's become increasingly one-sided until about AC:R, in which it got improved a bit, but in what I thought was an ineffective manner.

Sarari
12-18-2011, 08:44 PM
I didn't like the combat in AC2, besides the improvements listed above.

Its over all feeling wasn't good in my opinion.

Icarus724
12-18-2011, 08:54 PM
What really dissapointed me in this game is where they removed the secret subject 16 puzzles.Those puzzles were so much fun and it really felt as if you were a part of something big.Desmond's journeys frankly gave me a headache and I really feel the game creators could have done better there.Again Constantinople does not look all that big to me.so yeah while I am taking nothing away from ACR and I think it is a great game, it is just that previous AC editions set a benchmark and you tend to expect even better in every new AC that comes out ..peace~

Icarus

phoenix-force411
12-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Yairo809:
Now i believe this game has the potential to be a game of the year winner, lets list things that would help ac get to that level if they are implemented. Do you agree with my opinion on things that need to be improved or added in future games. Let the devs hear our opinions and ideas on ac games =).

1. More voice actors: most guards and people you meet in the game have the same voice...kinda messes up the immersion in the game.
2. More character models: Almost every npc has the same face...feels a little cheap to me.
3. Better random events: the random events in revelations were very ughh very non-existent.
4. Make weapons in the game actually meaningful: I mean c'mon you an bassically get a 3 hit kill with any weapon no matter how weak its stats are.
6. Assassin Recruit system: training assassins should not be like a facebook game, it should be more interactive yeah the missions with them were a start but they still felt generic.
7. Add more places to go to >_<: yeah constantinople is big but id rather be able to go from place to place like ac2.
8. Changing Weather: If Ubisoft really wants to make their open world environments more organic this is a must.
9. More customization options: This should apply to weapons, clothes and assassin recruits.
10. More guards to fight!: This ranges from more archetypes of guards and greater number of guards in the city.

I have to disagree with you on 5, because the missions don't offer too much money! And in Revelations, it was damn hard to earn money! I had to start my renovating chore at 5k of money. But that increased my sum of money as well. I enjoy renovating shops and that's what all of us people who think the renovation of the city is a great feature. And dude, there's a story behind renovating shops! I also have to disagree with you on 10, because there are plenty of archetypes in ACR! And not every guard wants to be on every part of the city, if you are running away, how the heck are you going to hide when you are constantly running towards guards! I have a bone to pick with you on 7. Dude, these are sequels within a sequel, one city or two is enough. Do you know how much money is spent on traveling to cities and making those cities come to life? They don't want to blow all a lot of money just on sequels in a sequel. And for 2, why the need for new face models for guards and civilians? It's not like you''ll look at them! For 1, improving this will have little impact!

Yairo809
12-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yairo809:

I have to disagree with you on 5, because the missions don't offer too much money! And in Revelations, it was damn hard to earn money! I had to start my renovating chore at 5k of money. But that increased my sum of money as well. I enjoy renovating shops and that's what all of us people who think the renovation of the city is a great feature. And dude, there's a story behind renovating shops! I also have to disagree with you on 10, because there are plenty of archetypes in ACR! And not every guard wants to be on every part of the city, if you are running away, how the heck are you going to hide when you are constantly running towards guards! I have a bone to pick with you on 7. Dude, these are sequels within a sequel, one city or two is enough. Do you know how much money is spent on traveling to cities and making those cities come to life? They don't want to blow all a lot of money just on sequels in a sequel. And for 2, why the need for new face models for guards and civilians? It's not like you''ll look at them! For 1, improving this will have little impact! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

money is definitely not an issue here, ubisoft should be doing as much as possible to meet demand and with each new game there has to be a level of improvement be it big or small, i mean if ac can put it such an effort on detail on the city, why not put detail on characters? On challenges? on polishing the game because the results of acr were quite disappointing seeing the number of glitches, level design and story development. and the economy is what bothers me the most they add the shops because they have a lack of things to do in the game that reward money so to balance it out they make you renovate shops so you dont complain about it as much and really most of the things you buy are very unneeded i beat the game without buying any armor or weapons just the defaults to see if it made the game harder and it did not.

EzioAssassin51
12-19-2011, 12:33 AM
I agree some of the animations are bloody ridiculous (and some long) but I don't think they should get rid of the kill-streak system, as it adds a lot more fun to the game and is more enjoyable for combat, which is sometimes one of the most fun things to after the game.

Fight Jannisarries (sp?) at the camp if you like that combat, as you can only really counter and try to attack them there, much like AC1 and 2 combat

CRUDFACE
12-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I agree some of the animations are bloody ridiculous (and some long) but I don't think they should get rid of the kill-streak system, as it adds a lot more fun to the game and is more enjoyable for combat, which is sometimes one of the most fun things to after the game.

Fight Jannisarries (sp?) at the camp if you like that combat, as you can only really counter and try to attack them there, much like AC1 and 2 combat

Didn't they already tone down the kill streak system so you couldn't kill two at one time? I don't like it when the streak auto kills either. I don't press the button and Ezio is already ripping people's spines out.

The animation feel dragged out and they've cost me full synch more than once.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Yairo
and the economy is what bothers me the most they add the shops because they have a lack of things to do in the game that reward money so to balance it out they make you renovate shops so you dont complain about it as much and really most of the things you buy are very unneeded i beat the game without buying any armor or weapons just the defaults to see if it made the game harder and it did not.

Well I'll ask again then, what should AC devs replace it with?
The point of Renovation is that the Templar trademark is to suppress and control the people.
The point of the Assassins is Liberation of those people and opening their city back up to them.

So if this isn't our value system (what we purchase with the money we're rewarded with), what are we going to buy instead?

To me, it isn't enough to just say "stop this" - there has to be input on what to do w/ the money.
Or do you want to end all revenue income altogether?
Games do need rewards and goals . . I'd like to know a better way to spend the money if this is a tired concept.

I personally can't think of anything that would go w/ the story line other than upgrading us.. which would then send us into the same ease of AI combat problem.

Didn't they already tone down the kill streak system so you couldn't kill two at one time? I don't like it when the streak auto kills either. I don't press the button and Ezio is already ripping people's spines out.

Yes I think it was toned down too.

SolidSage
12-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Should be:
punch > stab

Instead is:

Ha ha, they do interfere with killstreaks a bit. I'd like the ability to choose that OTT kill animation occurence, or just have it happen on the last guard in the group maybe.
Doing them in the middle of a big fight is a bit stupid on Ezio's part IMO.