PDA

View Full Version : NEW PlayStation Blog Revelations preview [Spoilers]

superkootje
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
A new thread has just been posted, I thought, let's copy it here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassinís Creed Revelations: Your Questions Answered

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6231/6236058554_b1ac1945d1.jpg

Recently, Ubisoft invited us to sample the first few hours of Assassinís Creed Revelations for PS3. I learned a lot during that play session:
The control scheme has been revised, pushing Eagle Vision to L3. This frees up the Triangle button for secondary weapons such as daggers.
Altair comes into play via flashbacks following the thrilling Masyaf key retrieval missions, which are the successors to Assassinís Creed Brotherhoodís Lairs of Romulus.
The game map now has a Google Maps-style satellite view that I enjoyed while skipping around the sprawling city of Constantinople/Istanbul.
The Den Defense mission brought tower defense-style sequences that are completely unlike anything Iíve seen in the Assassinís Creed universe.
I saw someone actually *use* the Apple of Eden.
I noticed some different UI in the Animus, and started to wonder why the interface was different (and no, Ubisoft wouldnít tell me).
I saw Ezio stab a dude with a guitar Ė I think they called them ďlutesĒ back then.
And I saw it all in 3D Ė those leaps of faith are now even more impressive. But itís not about what I wanted to see; I went in to Ubisoft aiming to get answers to some of your questions. Read on to learn more about the dangerous world of Assassinís Creed Revelations.
Will Ezio need some prune juice when he eatsÖ because he is about 60 years old? (via @Beyond***zy26)
While itís true that our Ezio Auditore da Firenze now looks like The Most Interesting Man in the World, with experience comes wisdom. Early on in Revelations, Ezio is introduced to the hookblade, which enhances Ezioís parkour skills in a couple of notable ways. When leaping into the air, you can hold down the Circle button to project the hookblade, giving Ezio an extra bit of reach. I adjusted to the move pretty quickly, and experienced noticeably fewer trip-ups while running across rooftops. It also grants compatibility with ziplines, which medieval Constantinople was apparently rife with. And what good would ziplines be if you couldnít launch assassinations from them? Of course you can.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6054/6235530943_cecc4be32c.jpg

The hookblade is also battle-ready Ė the new Hook and Run move allows you to vault over enemies like a 70s action star slides across the hood of a car.
Hookblade aside, I noticed a new leg sweep move (Johnny would be proud), and a chest stomp that wouldnít be out of place in the WWE. All of this is on top of the impressive arsenal of tricks Ezio earned in previous games, like double assassinations, disposable parachutes, an arm-mounted rifle and more. Would that we were all this spry in our 50s.
Is the super-cool feature where you can call assassins out of nowhere to attack still in the game? (via @francisganzo)
Yes, Ezio still can call in fellow assassins to create a diversion or to get him out of a jam. The feature has been upgraded for Revelations; you still recruit new assassins and send them around the Mediterranean on missions to level them up. When you level up one of your killers to the level of ďMaster Assassin,Ē you can assign him to protect one of your dens, preventing further Byzantine attacks.
There are also new challenges associated with these moves which yield tangible benefits. For instance, using your arrow storm and calling in your assassins a set amount of times will reward you with a faster recharging assassin signal, allowing you to use them more often. Similar challenges also applies to bomb usage and the various guilds, encouraging their use.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6040/6235532547_76fd9a0c91.jpg

How many new weapons have been added to the game? Or are there new upgrades to it? (via @Allelujah00)
The aforementioned hookblade is the main difference, but the addition of bombs can change the way you play as well. Iíll be honest, after seeing Revelations demoed at E3, I was a bit worried that Assassinís Creed was turning into a third-person shooter, but after my hands-on session those fears have been allayed.
Ezioís bombs come in three flavors: lethal, tactical, and diversion. By combining different shells (impact, tripwire, sticky), actions (explosion, stinkbomb, smokebomb), and explosion radius, you can use bombs to perform a wide variety of actions. You could tag a guard with a stinkbomb to repel people, disappear in a huge puff of smoke, or just chuck explosives into a crowd for some good olí high-impact killing. You can only hold three of each type of bomb at any given time, so donít expect to blast your way out of situations by chucking Ďnades.
Trophy list?! (via @max01payne and many others)
I took a peek at the Trophy list, and itís got a similar mix as Assassinís Creed Brotherhood. Some Trophies awarded for multiplayer success, and many are for single player, both for advancing the story and for performing certain skill actions, plus a range of completionist stuff. If I had to guess, this wonít be an easy game to Platinum.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6180/6235531407_7dd0661af0.jpg

Will we see Leonardo DaVinci? (via @Dean147)
I looked on the map for you, but didnít see his icon as in past games. However, it seems that Da Vinci did do some consulting work for the sultan, so fingers crossed.
Is the PS3 version getting exclusive missions like last year? (via @snowman2149)
Exclusive missions? Try a whole game! Ubisoft is taking advantage of the extra space afforded by Blu-ray to gift you the entire original Assassinís Creed as a free added bonus!
Assassinís Creed Revelations hits PS3 on November 15th. Look for more here on the Blog in the leadup between now and then.

superkootje
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
A new thread has just been posted, I thought, let's copy it here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassinís Creed Revelations: Your Questions Answered

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6231/6236058554_b1ac1945d1.jpg

Recently, Ubisoft invited us to sample the first few hours of Assassinís Creed Revelations for PS3. I learned a lot during that play session:
The control scheme has been revised, pushing Eagle Vision to L3. This frees up the Triangle button for secondary weapons such as daggers.
Altair comes into play via flashbacks following the thrilling Masyaf key retrieval missions, which are the successors to Assassinís Creed Brotherhoodís Lairs of Romulus.
The game map now has a Google Maps-style satellite view that I enjoyed while skipping around the sprawling city of Constantinople/Istanbul.
The Den Defense mission brought tower defense-style sequences that are completely unlike anything Iíve seen in the Assassinís Creed universe.
I noticed some different UI in the Animus, and started to wonder why the interface was different (and no, Ubisoft wouldnít tell me).
I saw Ezio stab a dude with a guitar Ė I think they called them ďlutesĒ back then.
And I saw it all in 3D Ė those leaps of faith are now even more impressive. But itís not about what I wanted to see; I went in to Ubisoft aiming to get answers to some of your questions. Read on to learn more about the dangerous world of Assassinís Creed Revelations.
Will Ezio need some prune juice when he eatsÖ because he is about 60 years old? (via @Beyond***zy26)
While itís true that our Ezio Auditore da Firenze now looks like The Most Interesting Man in the World, with experience comes wisdom. Early on in Revelations, Ezio is introduced to the hookblade, which enhances Ezioís parkour skills in a couple of notable ways. When leaping into the air, you can hold down the Circle button to project the hookblade, giving Ezio an extra bit of reach. I adjusted to the move pretty quickly, and experienced noticeably fewer trip-ups while running across rooftops. It also grants compatibility with ziplines, which medieval Constantinople was apparently rife with. And what good would ziplines be if you couldnít launch assassinations from them? Of course you can.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6054/6235530943_cecc4be32c.jpg

The hookblade is also battle-ready Ė the new Hook and Run move allows you to vault over enemies like a 70s action star slides across the hood of a car.
Hookblade aside, I noticed a new leg sweep move (Johnny would be proud), and a chest stomp that wouldnít be out of place in the WWE. All of this is on top of the impressive arsenal of tricks Ezio earned in previous games, like double assassinations, disposable parachutes, an arm-mounted rifle and more. Would that we were all this spry in our 50s.
Is the super-cool feature where you can call assassins out of nowhere to attack still in the game? (via @francisganzo)
Yes, Ezio still can call in fellow assassins to create a diversion or to get him out of a jam. The feature has been upgraded for Revelations; you still recruit new assassins and send them around the Mediterranean on missions to level them up. When you level up one of your killers to the level of ďMaster Assassin,Ē you can assign him to protect one of your dens, preventing further Byzantine attacks.
There are also new challenges associated with these moves which yield tangible benefits. For instance, using your arrow storm and calling in your assassins a set amount of times will reward you with a faster recharging assassin signal, allowing you to use them more often. Similar challenges also applies to bomb usage and the various guilds, encouraging their use.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6040/6235532547_76fd9a0c91.jpg

How many new weapons have been added to the game? Or are there new upgrades to it? (via @Allelujah00)
The aforementioned hookblade is the main difference, but the addition of bombs can change the way you play as well. Iíll be honest, after seeing Revelations demoed at E3, I was a bit worried that Assassinís Creed was turning into a third-person shooter, but after my hands-on session those fears have been allayed.
Ezioís bombs come in three flavors: lethal, tactical, and diversion. By combining different shells (impact, tripwire, sticky), actions (explosion, stinkbomb, smokebomb), and explosion radius, you can use bombs to perform a wide variety of actions. You could tag a guard with a stinkbomb to repel people, disappear in a huge puff of smoke, or just chuck explosives into a crowd for some good olí high-impact killing. You can only hold three of each type of bomb at any given time, so donít expect to blast your way out of situations by chucking Ďnades.
Trophy list?! (via @max01payne and many others)
I took a peek at the Trophy list, and itís got a similar mix as Assassinís Creed Brotherhood. Some Trophies awarded for multiplayer success, and many are for single player, both for advancing the story and for performing certain skill actions, plus a range of completionist stuff. If I had to guess, this wonít be an easy game to Platinum.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6180/6235531407_7dd0661af0.jpg

Will we see Leonardo DaVinci? (via @Dean147)
I looked on the map for you, but didnít see his icon as in past games. However, it seems that Da Vinci did do some consulting work for the sultan, so fingers crossed.
Is the PS3 version getting exclusive missions like last year? (via @snowman2149)
Exclusive missions? Try a whole game! Ubisoft is taking advantage of the extra space afforded by Blu-ray to gift you the entire original Assassinís Creed as a free added bonus!
Assassinís Creed Revelations hits PS3 on November 15th. Look for more here on the Blog in the leadup between now and then.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 10:55 AM
There are some interesting things here..

LightRey
10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

I saw someone actually *use* the Apple of Eden. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow, that really boggles the mind. Was it some kind of Easter egg or was there another apple in Constantinople?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Wow, that really boggles the mind. Was it some kind of Easter egg or was there another apple in Constantinople? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably an Easter Egg because as far as I know the press wasnt allowed to go that far into the Game.
Im more interested in the Map part, that is something that even I dont know about hmmm

LightRey
10-12-2011, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Wow, that really boggles the mind. Was it some kind of Easter egg or was there another apple in Constantinople? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably an Easter Egg because as far as I know the press wasnt allowed to go that far into the Game.
Im more interested in the Map part, that is something that even I dont know about hmmm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It sounds like an awesome feature. The thought of how awesome such a feature would be actually crossed my mind a few times during the previous AC games, so this is great.

Animuses
10-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Hmmm... Since Eagle Sense is L3, what's going to happen to the first-person view?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
Hmmm... Since Eagle Sense is L3, what's going to happen to the first-person view? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
o_0 NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! They wouldnt DARE !!!

superkootje
10-12-2011, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
Hmmm... Since Eagle Sense is L3, what's going to happen to the first-person view? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

R3 maybe??

@Assassin_M, can you please read my pm?

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superkootje:

@Assassin_M, can you please read my pm? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you send me one ? didnt see that sorry, gimme a sec..

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
It is probably something like the directional stick is Eagle Sense once it is pressed, and is controlled by it, but outside of Eagle Sense it functions the same.

I wonder how it is going to translate to Xbox though, seeing as the controller doesn't really have pressable directional sticks. Xbox D-pad maybe?

ShaneO7K
10-12-2011, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I wonder how it is going to translate to Xbox though, seeing as the controller doesn't really have pressable directional sticks. Xbox D-pad maybe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They can be pressed on the Xbox controllers so it's probably the same.

SleezeRocker
10-12-2011, 12:52 PM
It's cool that L3 is eagle Sense and triangle secondary weapon but..I just hope I don't accidentaly press L3 as im running and stuff lol

LightRey
10-12-2011, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I wonder how it is going to translate to Xbox though, seeing as the controller doesn't really have pressable directional sticks. Xbox D-pad maybe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They can be pressed on the Xbox controllers so it's probably the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, they most certainly can be pressed. Why would you think they couldn't be, Serrachio?

SleezeRocker
10-12-2011, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

They can be pressed on the Xbox controllers so it's probably the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, they most certainly can be pressed. Why would you think they couldn't be, Serrachio? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My only guess may be is Ser has not played some kind of fps on xbox (im not saying it as an insult just that most times I click in the analog stick is on FPS games)

CRUDFACE
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM

If he got to play an Altair's sequence then using the apple makes sense.

@Serrachio: what do you mean not having pressable sticks? I thought they are.

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I was thinking if they had or hadn't, and it must have slipped my mind because I was comparing the PS3 and Xbox controllers in my mind, with the PS3 one making me unsure if the Xbox one did.

A simple mistake really.

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Yea,*spoilers* According to the GamesRadar article Altiar used the Apple of Eden in the memory that involves him burning Al Mualim's body. It's the same sequence where one of IGN's Altiar videos had him talking to a moaning Abbas while he held the apple.

joelsantos24
10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Looks like the lairs of Romulus' will not be re-appearing again, contrary to what was being rumoured around here. AltaÔr's secret library sequences will replace them. Good to know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nothing, I suppose. From what I gathered, in order to access eagle vision you just need to literally press the L3 button, since it actually functions as an ordinary button as well. The remaining button functions will remain the same, apparently. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

RzaRecta357
10-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Spoilers for the apple.

Abbas tries to use it but it's to much for him and Altair has to climb up and take it from him.

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Oh man, I hope they haven't taken away first-person view.

I especially hope you can still air-tackle. That would totally suck if they have replaced it with ziplines.

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 07:35 PM
As for the maps. I did read in an interview that they are full topographical now. Which means they probably show 3D contours, since Constantinople has a lot of hills. I wonder if we can zoom in horizontally now!

joelsantos24
10-13-2011, 03:15 AM
That is not necessarily positive, mind you. More info and topographical detailing on the map, may result in more difficulty to read it. I think I will wait and see, on this one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

superkootje
10-13-2011, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
That is not necessarily positive, mind you. More info and topographical detailing on the map, may result in more difficulty to read it. I think I will wait and see, on this one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can probably toggle between the sattelite kind of map and the AC II/B kind of map.

joelsantos24
10-13-2011, 07:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superkootje:
You can probably toggle between the sattelite kind of map and the AC II/B kind of map. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If that turns out to be possible, it is going to be great. From my experience in the matter, more detail sometimes yields more problems.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 07:37 AM
From what I gathered it would seem that the "satellite view" only shows up if you zoom in.

Mr_Shade
10-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I have added a spoiler to the title...

Also should Sony require it - the thread will be removed, since it is copyrighted to them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

joelsantos24
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
From what I gathered it would seem that the "satellite view" only shows up if you zoom in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is cool... On the other hand, I have no idea if the satellite view is in any way more complex or difficult to read than the more conventional view, if you will, I suppose we are just speculating at this point. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

superkootje
10-13-2011, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
From what I gathered it would seem that the "satellite view" only shows up if you zoom in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is cool... On the other hand, I have no idea if the satellite view is in any way more complex or difficult to read than the more conventional view, if you will, I suppose we are just speculating at this point. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would come in handy as you can see points and buildings that you normally wouldn't see.
So you can actually guide your way through easier.

joelsantos24
10-13-2011, 09:19 AM
It would come in handy as you can see points and buildings that you normally wouldn't see.
So you can actually guide your way through easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is true.

Azugo
10-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Would be awesome if the map was anything like the map going into 'The Elder Scrolls V'.

superkootje
10-13-2011, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
Would be awesome if the map was anything like the map going into 'The Elder Scrolls V'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just hope AC:R is gonna be EPIC!!!
I'm sure it will be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dewgel
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Shades, what do you mean it's copyrighted to them? Didn't the OP link the original article and give them credit for the write-up, we're simply discussing?

PS. Interesting, he took a peak at the trophies list too. I hadn't imagined they'd be in the build that was played at the press conferences.

Wonder how soon it'll be before they're outed.

Brunadas
10-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Do you think in this game,since they assigned a button to the secondary weapon,you can counter with the primary(like previous games) PLUS the secondary weapon?What I mean is,can you counter enemies in combat with the button assigned to the secondary weapons?

Cheers

joelsantos24
10-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Logically, I would say yes. But still, I do not know that many details on that specifically, so... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Brunadas
10-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Logically, I would say yes. But still, I do not know that many details on that specifically, so... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be nice it that happened but let's w8 to check it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

superkootje
10-14-2011, 11:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brunadas:
Logically, I would say yes. But still, I do not know that many details on that specifically, so... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be nice it that happened but let's w8 to check it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would be really epic, and I do think that's possible, why else would they put secondary weapon on te Triangle?

joelsantos24
10-14-2011, 12:18 PM
it would be really epic, and I do think that's possible, why else would they put secondary weapon on te Triangle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good point...