PDA

View Full Version : Rules of stun?

Assassinsyk
01-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Ok, so inspired by a number of Squiddish and Rainie-vids, I know I should look at stun from a different angle, under a different light. Referring to "naked" stuns obviously, without mute or smoke.

Here are the rules!

1.You get the stun and survive if done from behind.

Thats all I got. Seeing as so many get it from front, how!? From an angle to make sure you arenīt headlined and pursuer cant press assassinate on you? Shout "supplies!" to startle them? What?

I must find out. Given I only today found out you dont lose your incog when pressing R1, i obviously has many of the fundamentals wrong.

Assassinsyk
01-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Ok, so inspired by a number of Squiddish and Rainie-vids, I know I should look at stun from a different angle, under a different light. Referring to "naked" stuns obviously, without mute or smoke.

Here are the rules!

Thats all I got. Seeing as so many get it from front, how!? From an angle to make sure you arenīt headlined and pursuer cant press assassinate on you? Shout "supplies!" to startle them? What?

I must find out. Given I only today found out you dont lose your incog when pressing R1, i obviously has many of the fundamentals wrong.

EscoBlades
01-11-2011, 07:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:

Here are the rules!

I must find out. Given I only today found out you dont lose your incog when pressing R1, i obviously has many of the fundamentals wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, not necessarily. You have to surprise your pursuer. This is open to interpretation, as it could be anything from ducking round a corner, then popping back out again in their path, to just being a split second quicker on the B button than they can react within the "counter time.

You can just as easily be killed stunning a pursuer from behind as you can walking right up to their face.

RogerRamjet99
01-11-2011, 08:05 AM
The one I always get in manhunt is if you're in a morphed crowd and the other team kill one of your clones, you always get the stun without smoke. But you risk their pal killing you when they see you get the stun. Best to co-op with 2 of you in the morphed crowd, then you can take it in turns to stun as many of the pursuers arrive. Watch out cos once they get back up again unless you've done one and re-bledned/morphed you'll be in the sh1t.

Phyxsius-
01-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Stun is safe when you get someone in animation or the first second after.

Stun is safe when you have an NPC between you two.

The above count a strict one on one scenario. Be aware that you can and will be killed while doing your own animation, based on circumstances.

Rule of thumb: If your target gives ANY sign that he might know where you are... you won`t be able to land a "naked stun". If your target gives ANY sign that it is looking for you or for somebody, you suddenly dropped to 10% success for a "naked stun".

obliviondoll
01-11-2011, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
You can just as easily be killed stunning a pursuer from behind as you can walking right up to their face. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not true.

There's a slightly tighter window to counter a stun from behind.

Hitting from side on seems to be the best, in my experience, and I've seen others say the same.

Having blender or morph is a good start - or a group that just happens to have several of you in it when you get there.

Alliance/Manhunt are stun-friendly - wait for the lure, run over, stun, run away.
Or stun, wait for their pursuer to get the grounded kill, then kill them for an easy incognito. I say wait for the pursuer to get killed because if you kill their hunter, you usually give them an incognito for it - the pursuer going for grounded rarely gets better than silent for 350 points.

EDIT: If your pursuer is certain they know who you are, and they're wrong, you get free points.

Easiest way to do this is by being in a blend group when one of your copies walks off in front of them - players ALWAYS go after them. If you casually (make sure you use "gentle push") walk out of your group after, and follow, you can often get them while they're locked onto the wrong target.