PDA

View Full Version : Can't Lauch Pacifc Fighters

kingdoms777
12-01-2004, 09:40 PM
I have purchased 2 Pacific Fighters programs from Best Buy since Monday, November 29, 2004. I load the 'stand alone' version. When I double click on the Pacific Fighters Icon, I get the window message..Please insert the correct cd-rom, select Ok and restart application. I do this and I get another window saying...."The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate application.
I have tried this same program on a total of three computers and they all do the same. The computers meet or exceed the Equipment Hardware Specs required. 2 computers are running Windows 2000 Pro and 1 computer is running Windows XP Pro. What do I have to do, change,etc. to get this program to "launch"! I did send in a support memo off this web site 48 hours ago...no response. Should I give up and return the programs to Best Buy or am I going to be able to get the program running? HELP!

Capt.LoneRanger
12-02-2004, 05:05 AM
What CD-Rom did you insert? Disc1 or Disc2?

If both don't work, I suggest to uninstall CloneCD http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Troll2k
12-02-2004, 06:00 AM
As stated on the box"Notice:This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some cd-rw,dvd-rw,and virtual drives."

If you installed from one of these type of drives it may have a problem with the copy protection.

Try removing any vitual drives created by any copying type software.(legitimate software will cause problems).Such as Nero,Alcohol 120 CD Creator and possibly Ipod.Some have had to actually uninstall the software not just disable it.

kingdoms777
12-03-2004, 08:05 PM
got it launched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111