PDA

View Full Version : does desmond just watch or control

Radman500
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
when desmond relives an ancestor (altair or ezio) is he controlling them, or is he just watching them, i always wanted to know

Radman500
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
when desmond relives an ancestor (altair or ezio) is he controlling them, or is he just watching them, i always wanted to know

Assassin_M
11-28-2011, 11:29 PM
He controls them..

LordWolv
11-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Control, of course! 100% sincronisation is 'doing the memory the exact way Ezio did', so if desmond were just watching 100% would ALWAYS happen.

kriegerdesgottes
11-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Also another clue that he controls him is when Shaun would come in in ACII or ACB and tell Desmond to go here or there because there might be a glyph there.

S-EVANS
11-29-2011, 02:15 AM
I think if this was real they would just watch but it doesnt make such a good video game, so in that case you control them...

LightRey
11-29-2011, 02:22 AM
He even seems to have the 3rd person perspective.

liebedich555
11-29-2011, 02:40 AM
He is just a third person,only watch his ancestor but he can't control them.

LightRey
11-29-2011, 02:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liebedich555:
He is just a third person,only watch his ancestor but he can't control them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not true. He can control them. Read the above posts.

itsamea-mario
11-29-2011, 04:06 AM
I always thought of it as he watches them, but can influence what they see, think if he just straight up controlled them then he'd have no idea what to do.
And you know, visual 1st person being impossible 'n all.

But that's just my opinion think what you will.

roostersrule2
11-29-2011, 04:10 AM
He controls them as in the AC1 game handbook it says that they changed the control scheme so that it resembles a video game controller.

dxsxhxcx
11-29-2011, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Also another clue that he controls him is when Shaun would come in in ACII or ACB and tell Desmond to go here or there because there might be a glyph there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this, there's also the VR training "missions" on ACB that suport this, during those "missions" Desmond is controlling Ezio and not watching what he did...

Assassin_M
11-29-2011, 06:19 AM
The bleeding effect is the ideal proof that Desmond controlled Ezio and Altair.along with the word "Relive".

Noble6
11-29-2011, 06:21 AM
In my opinion it would be strange that Desmond would control anchestors from third person view. You know we even play desmond in third person.

LightRey
11-29-2011, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noble6:
In my opinion it would be strange that Desmond would control anchestors from third person view. You know we even play desmond in third person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Things like Minerva looking over Ezio's shoulder and Desmond questioning why he was no longer "following" Alta´r in his dream in ACII are strong suggestions that he really does look at them from a 3rd person view.

ProletariatPleb
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
He controls them, atleast from what I remember from AC1.

When Vidic first made us lie down in the animus(when we were conscious) he tells us that it was made to resemble a videogame(?) and the animus keeps telling Desmond things like.."When using the Empty Hand button..." things like that.

LieutenantJojo
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
Control, of course! 100% sincronisation is 'doing the memory the exact way Ezio did', so if desmond were just watching 100% would ALWAYS happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then the Animus doesn't completely recreate history as it happened? So if Desmond gets in a fight with a certain guard and kills him, it doesn't mean Ezio did the same?

OR was Ezio's (and Altair's) life completely "programmed" as the way Desmond would do everything? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif