PDA

View Full Version : Clouds And Dirty Weather

RAC_Pips
04-10-2004, 05:07 AM
From all accounts flying over the Pacific was fraught with peril. Heavy clouds layers, thunderstorms etc could and often did build up quickly. Whole flights of aircraft came to grief in dirty weather.

New Guinea and the Owen Stanley Range was often a nightmare to fly over, weather being fine on one side as filthy on the other. Even the relatively safe passage from Australia to Port Moresby saw many aircraft simply disappear.

Sure hope that the sim includes this aspect of Pacific flying.

RAC_Pips
04-10-2004, 05:07 AM
From all accounts flying over the Pacific was fraught with peril. Heavy clouds layers, thunderstorms etc could and often did build up quickly. Whole flights of aircraft came to grief in dirty weather.

New Guinea and the Owen Stanley Range was often a nightmare to fly over, weather being fine on one side as filthy on the other. Even the relatively safe passage from Australia to Port Moresby saw many aircraft simply disappear.

Sure hope that the sim includes this aspect of Pacific flying.

LEXX_Luthor
04-10-2004, 09:13 AM
I'd like to see the PF maps have cloud map overlays....I mean...All our FB maps have the same identical clouds fixed to the maps and they never change between missions.

But if you could have seperate cloud maps and fix them to the surface maps before mission start. You could have infinite meteorlogical possibilities. Clear on one side of the map and the clouds building up in *that* direction like a tropical storm, getting thicker the further you fly. For another mission, reverse the cloud map overlay and you start under storm and fly into skies with less clouds until in the clear.

That may be something they could releace for 3rd Party cloud map makers.

BSS_CUDA
04-10-2004, 06:15 PM
too bad they couldnt buld in a Meteo like FS 2000, then we all could fly with the actual weather for that part of the world in REAL time

BSS_CUDA
Co-Founder of my family
Black Sheep Tactical Officer

That was some of the best flying I've seen yet! right up to the part where you got killed.
you NEVER NEVER leave your wingman.

Jester : TopGun