PDA

View Full Version : FIX: Assassin's Creed 2 'What Goes Around' mission

jade2k5
06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
For anyone still behind like me and playing AC2 I have found a fix for the 'What Goes Around' mission. At a certain part of the mission it comes up with a diamond/! in the center of a white screen and fails to continue. I redid the mission countless times, tried different fixes people posted but nothing worked. I spent days on this (cause I love the game despite the bugs), and I even tried deleting my game save and starting over. Also tried on another xbox, installed on the HDD. What I found out was in this particular mission when you split up by the town wall some people ( like myself ) follow the group and help fight the enemies. Then by the gate door you can climb up to the top of the wall above the gate door and continue the mission. You then go to the white mission waypoint, kill the archers and open the door for the group. Then after the leader speaks you will get the error stated above. For some reason after playing this mission a billion times it suddenly dawned on me not to follow the group and go forward and climb the wall, its much easier duh.. then hit the white way point, kill the archers, open the door and help them finish off the guards. When you do it that way and ONLY in that order does the bug not surface. Whew, I couldn't believe it worked, I was ready to return the game. I'm back in AC2 heaven now, and learned my lesson..

So the moral of the story is if AC2 gets weird , redo the quest a different way, most likely the simplest straight forward way..

jade2k5
06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
For anyone still behind like me and playing AC2 I have found a fix for the 'What Goes Around' mission. At a certain part of the mission it comes up with a diamond/! in the center of a white screen and fails to continue. I redid the mission countless times, tried different fixes people posted but nothing worked. I spent days on this (cause I love the game despite the bugs), and I even tried deleting my game save and starting over. Also tried on another xbox, installed on the HDD. What I found out was in this particular mission when you split up by the town wall some people ( like myself ) follow the group and help fight the enemies. Then by the gate door you can climb up to the top of the wall above the gate door and continue the mission. You then go to the white mission waypoint, kill the archers and open the door for the group. Then after the leader speaks you will get the error stated above. For some reason after playing this mission a billion times it suddenly dawned on me not to follow the group and go forward and climb the wall, its much easier duh.. then hit the white way point, kill the archers, open the door and help them finish off the guards. When you do it that way and ONLY in that order does the bug not surface. Whew, I couldn't believe it worked, I was ready to return the game. I'm back in AC2 heaven now, and learned my lesson..

So the moral of the story is if AC2 gets weird , redo the quest a different way, most likely the simplest straight forward way..

lanep25
06-15-2011, 06:43 AM
You were about to return the game for one bug? What kind of fan are you? ... the flakey fan...

Highwayman48
06-15-2011, 12:43 PM
I never encountered that bug before...