PDA

View Full Version : Problems with .trk files since patch

pcpilot_MGG
02-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Since the 3.04 patch I think it was, I have noticed I cant play my older tracks anymore. I get an error message telling me that file type is not supported. I'd hate to think I couldnt play them anymore, a lot of great flying...

pcpilot_MGG
02-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Since the 3.04 patch I think it was, I have noticed I cant play my older tracks anymore. I get an error message telling me that file type is not supported. I'd hate to think I couldnt play them anymore, a lot of great flying...

FoolTrottel
02-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Too bad... can't do anything about it.
Although, see this thread: The track file checksum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=2641071172)
This explains what the problem is, and how you can fix it / work around it.

In short, it comes down to this: A trk is a recording of the player's control input, put into the flightmodel of the plane flown when playing the track.

Running the track, the recorded controls steer the plane.

When a patch is applied, flight models are often changed, so the same control input will generate different results. That would give a strange 'movie', seeing things you think you never recorded!)
Like landing a plane on a carrier, the new (post patch FM) changed the turn-rate of the plane, as it cannot turn so very tight.... oops the plane ends up in the water, as the turn went too wide to end up on the deck!

Furthermore, track recording and playback is not free of bugs...
There are more threads concerning this.... browse the forums!

Workaround: install PF/FB/AEP into a different folder, patch it up to the old level, use that to play back tracks!
Or, take a look at the Movie Builders forum, so you can learn to record your valuable tracks into a .avi or .mpeg or .mov movie!

Have Fun flying, fly some more and you'll record even better new tracks!