PDA

View Full Version : Simple Questions!

Bob_The_Dog
12-31-2004, 02:01 AM
Hi There,

Hopefully someone can help me with these.

1. The text in the lower left area of the screen used to show height speed and heading. Mine only now shows heading how do I get the others back?

2. Whats the best way of looking behind as I keep getting shot down without even knowing a plane is there?

Any help would be much apreciated

Cheers

Andy

Bob_The_Dog
12-31-2004, 02:01 AM
Hi There,

Hopefully someone can help me with these.

1. The text in the lower left area of the screen used to show height speed and heading. Mine only now shows heading how do I get the others back?

2. Whats the best way of looking behind as I keep getting shot down without even knowing a plane is there?

Any help would be much apreciated

Cheers

Andy

RocketDog
12-31-2004, 03:11 AM
1. The speedbar (the text in the lower left) can be switched off in the difficulty settings. Make sure that it is enabled. Also, you can bind a key to "toggle speedbar" in the controls menu to cycle between no speedbar, km/hr, knots and mph etc. Very useful. NB, in online games the host can force the speedbar to be off for all players. Silly, but some like to do it.

2. Look around using the mouse, hat switch, or best of all a TrackIR unit. Almost all WWII aircraft had poor rearwards visibility, so that is what it was like. The only solution is to keep jinking to check your 6 o'clock (a bootful of rudder helps). Once in combat keep your speed up and try to hold on to your height. Both will make it harder for someone to get onto your six. Be paranoid, because they really are out to get you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Regards,

RocketDog.