PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server issue on UBI

Tprince14
03-04-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm sure everybody knows about the dedicated server issue on UBI. If you don't know the problem is that you cannot run the Dedicated server in a specific room and when you try it always puts it in the IL2 FB room. Well I have called UBI tech support more then I want to remember and now I'm sick, tired and frustrated with this. I REFUSE to use hyperlobby alot of us cant stand it. What I would like to know is Why haven't the guys who wrote this software fix this issue. Oleg & his group I'm sure could fix the bug in a heartbeat but they just keep telling people to use hyperlobby. Do me a favor Oleg JUST FIX YOUR PROGRAM!!!!! I definettly am not the only person who feels this way. People keep saying that if the dedicated software worked that they would never use hyperlobby.

crazyivan1970
03-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Tprince, first off all, hold your emotions to yourself. Second, There is nothing wrong with Olegs program in this regard. You should address UBI, it`s their lobby.

Can`t stand Hyperlobby... i totally understand you...tough crowd in there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tprince14
03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
I do aplogise if I sounded harsh. My problem with hyperlobby has to do with the setup of hyperlobby.
I installed 2.04, then the patches that bring it up to 3.04. I run the GS_il2ServerLauncher.exe, I login and then I refresh and it shows me 2 lobbies. I choose IL2 FB Ace. Thats where the problem is the server gets created in the IL2 FB lobby. If possible can you explain to me why and if there is a way to corect it?

crazyivan1970
03-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi, no problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This has been an issue since PF was released. Oleg is aware but he has no control over UBI lobby. They have to fix it.

What`s wrong with Hyperlobby anyways? I am really curios. Because you are talking over 1000 users at HL vs maybe 50-60 at UBI? What`s wrong with HL`s setup?

Tprince14
03-04-2005, 12:04 PM
I think it's just a matter of personal taste. UBI has a more firendly feel to it. Better chatting outside the game where the screen doesnt move so fast. UBI has more functionality for a user. Actually alot of people say the same thing. I was on a forum and people agreed that if there wasn't a problem with creating a dedicated server they would not use hyperlobby.
I have a IBM X Series 350 server with 4 PIII Zeon 700 Mhz 4 Gb ramm and a cable connection to it. I was just hopping to find a way to run it as a dedicated server on UBI.
Why will UBI not fix this issue? What is the cause of this problem?

Tprince14
03-04-2005, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tprince14:
I think it's just a matter of personal taste. UBI has a more firendly feel to it. Better chatting outside the game where the screen doesnt move so fast. UBI has more functionality for a user. Actually alot of people say the same thing. I was on a forum and people agreed that if there wasn't a problem with creating a dedicated server they would not use hyperlobby.
I have a IBM X Series 350 server with 4 PIII Zeon 700 Mhz 4 Gb ramm and a cable connection to it. I was just hopping to find a way to run it as a dedicated server on UBI.
Why will UBI not fix this issue? What is the cause of this problem? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has anybody ever been able to run a server in the IL2 FB Ace Dofight room??? Is there any way to back door it to run

CD_kp84yb
03-05-2005, 01:12 AM
{quote by crazy ivan}

This has been an issue since PF was released. Oleg is aware but he has no control over UBI lobby. They have to fix it.

What`s wrong with Hyperlobby anyways? I am really curios. Because you are talking over 1000 users at HL vs maybe 50-60 at UBI? What`s wrong with HL`s setup?

V!
Regards,

Thats a good one Ivan, i have mailed UBI and got a reply (hehe didnt expext it)
here we go with the question:

Customer (Hans Vos) - 01/28/2005 03:54 AM
Hello

I have a question about the dedicated server (launcher), Why does the server show up in the wrong room??
You got 2 rooms to choose, Il2FB and IL2FBaces but nomatter what you choose it always shows up in the 1.22 room.
I want to run a dedicated server here for IL2 forgotten battles version 3.04m.
Wich brings me back to a question i asked before and never got any reply from you.
We are not able to host behind a router , even we forward ports or make a DMZ server, people get timed out.
When you goto my reference number 040321-000143 you will see that you have stated the problem solved, but i still havent had an answer yet

Greetings hans

LOL here is the reply:

Response (Uk technical support) - 02/01/2005 07:57 AM
Hi Hans,
Though we provide the facility for users to host dedicated servers, unfortunately we do not provide support for the implementation of this feature. There are simply to many variables and factors for us to provide any kind of accurate support and as such we leave the game communities to confer with themselves in respect to dedicated server issues. Please post your query on the IL2 forums.

Thats how they solve probs.

Ow i can host at HL but there are alot of unused servers over there so why put in another one thats not used,waste of time.

Greetings

Tprince14
03-06-2005, 10:35 AM
THe Answer is basically. Everyone will blame eachother and say it's the other guys fault. I get it, I understand that. THe reason why Olegs company doesnt want to deal with it is very simple. He doesn't want to put alot of time into this issue especially if he thinks that everyone is using HyperLobby. I don't blame him. But the problem is No matter who's fault it is, it reflects on OLeg (I'm sorry to say). I think his company did an unbelievable job by creating this software, it truly is top noch, but come on guys get off your butts and try and force a solution for this.

BBB_Hyperion
03-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Ok last try !

Il2 , Il2FB , IL2FB ACES , PF are from 1C:Maddox Games.

UBI Lobby is from another developer ! The responseable company is UBI not 1C . 1C has nothing to with their Lobby system. You can play il2 series on other lobbys as well and it works quite well look at HL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

The Problems on UBI started way back when il2fb was released . Before that time it all worked perfectly in UBI Lobby . You could host behind a router , join via IP , Host on a seperate PC and Join via another and users were able to join.

Now it seems they put no effort in changing things like they are. After new ubi client came out problems started . Hosting troubles , wrong lobbies the dedicated lands in etc. Joining over IP didnt work anymore cause of the new client. Most of the guys changed for that reasons to HL which is simple and functional.

You can write 1000 complains to UBI Support there wont be a change cause il2 is just a niche product for them with not enough ppl using it on ubi.

I know a lot people that complained at ubi support to get at least some of the router problems fixed nothing happend since some years .) Newer type of answer was ubi doesnt support routers problem solved for them. Same for the dedicated on ubi just not enough ppl there to justify a change i guess.

Tprince14
03-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Do me a favor!!! Look in the install software. Take a look who wrote it. Olegs company did. I agree with you completely though that UBI also is responsible but if Oleg would put some pressure on them to fix the issue togther, it would get fixed. Oleg has clout.

VW-IceFire
03-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Uhhhh UBI.com is written by UBI for a good number of their games. The installer for UBI.com is from Ubisoft...not from Oleg...there's a separate install thread that takes place when you install it.

I've not even installed UBI.com this last format because of how bad my experiences were the last time I used it. Hyperlobby and direct connect are the only ways I go now.

If you want attention on HyperLobby, setup a server with some unique features. Scripted dogfight mode, relax the settings a bit (allow externals for instance), use historical planesets, and allow a good number of users and you will get traffic. There's enough of the GreaterGreen/WarClouds like servers to sink a ship but only one UK-Dedicated like server. Its constantly full...tag yourself in as being a similar server and you will get busy!

BBB_Hyperion
03-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Well seems hard to get it but UBI bought the rights to distribute the Software from 1C:Maddox Games and paid for it => developer is paid for il2. Why should the developer contact UBI when the shortcomming has absolutely nothing to do with his product ? or ever better your words "put some pressure on ubi" first how pressure ? 2nd why pressure cause the dedicated server dont runs on ubi.com cause they dont invest time to code a correct interface with the game that runs perfectly on other lobbies ? UBI is a distributor in the first place and the forums are only there to gain information what costumers want most to implement in future products if possible and cost effective and to bring people who bought a game from ubi to this forums in contact with other users of the same game. The Game lobbies(also checking legal issues) have a similar approach like the forum bring people together that have the game and gain information about the customers but gaming itself is secondary on ubi.com .) So good luck with the issue.

This Topic should be moved to GD cause it has nothing to do with this Sim in general.