PDA

View Full Version : RAAF Pilot career - fly beaufighters into PNG mountains

Destroyer110
11-09-2004, 02:31 AM
I just started a career as a aussie beaufighter pilot ONLY to see all aircraft (AI) in my squadron (about 8) fly into a mountain!!! .. half way up!!!

someone hasn't tested the PNG map AI very much

gmot_ka
11-09-2004, 02:59 AM
Hi,

it's a bug in DGEN I think. When you download the DGEN 3.11 it doesn't happen anymore.

ELEM
11-09-2004, 03:00 AM
D/L and install the 3.11 DGEN beta. It fixes it.

Athosd
11-09-2004, 06:32 AM
One thing to tell the good fellow to get DGEN 3.11 beta and another to let him know where it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Destroyer110 - you can find the DGEN 3.11 beta (corrected files for the game's included Dynamic Campaign Generator, fixes the AI v Mountain thing) here:
ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/pf/downloads/DGen/DGenBeta311.zip

If that link doesn't work then go into the news archive (link is on the il2 home page top left) and select October - the info item and links are at the bottom of the page.

Note this update for DGEN does not change the version of your game - it is just a zip archive with some new and updated files for the DGEN portion of your install.

Salute

Athos

Capt._Tenneal
11-09-2004, 08:16 AM
< waiting for the inevitable cacophony of complaints on how PF is a rushed product and why should we download a beta DGEN only weeks after PF release... yada...yada...> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ELEM
11-09-2004, 08:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
< waiting for the inevitable cacophony of complaints on how PF is a rushed product and why should we download a beta DGEN only weeks after PF release... yada...yada...> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've been and gone.

Destroyer110
11-09-2004, 10:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Athosd:
One thing to tell the good fellow to get DGEN 3.11 beta and another to let him know where it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Destroyer110 - you can find the DGEN 3.11 beta (corrected files for the game's included Dynamic Campaign Generator, fixes the AI v Mountain thing) here:
ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/pf/downloads/DGen/DGenBeta311.zip

If that link doesn't work then go into the news archive (link is on the il2 home page top left) and select October - the info item and links are at the bottom of the page.

Note this update for DGEN does not change the version of your game - it is just a zip archive with some new and updated files for the DGEN portion of your install.

Salute

Athos <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still doesn't work even with new DGEN.

SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! .. etc

Formation flying into a steep PNG mountain.

Try it for yourself, start a career as an Aussie pilot. Your first mission will be your last .. including the rest of your squadron! LOL!!

Nige_Reconman
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Fixed that problem for me they no longer crash into the countryside unless they get shot down of course.

Athosd
11-09-2004, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Destroyer110:

Try it for yourself, start a career as an Aussie pilot. Your first mission will be your last .. including the rest of your squadron! LOL!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something may not be right with your install of DGEN 3.11 - Beaufighters in New Guinea was my first campaign in PF, still going with no formation lawn darts.

Destroyer110
11-10-2004, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Athosd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Destroyer110:

Try it for yourself, start a career as an Aussie pilot. Your first mission will be your last .. including the rest of your squadron! LOL!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something may not be right with your install of DGEN 3.11 - Beaufighters in New Guinea was my first campaign in PF, still going with no formation lawn darts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've checked it but all the new degen stuff is there?

When you fly the Aussie Beaufighter campaign, they climb over a low mountain ok but then face a horse-shoe shaped, steep mountain which they just fly into!

how do your beaufighters go with the horse-shoe mountain?

Athosd
11-10-2004, 10:13 PM

I've checked it but all the new degen stuff is there?

When you fly the Aussie Beaufighter campaign, they climb over a low mountain ok but then face a horse-shoe shaped, steep mountain which they just fly into!

how do your beaufighters go with the horse-shoe mountain? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha!!! Would I be right in guessing that you are still playing the same campaign you started with the old DGEN?
After each mission DGEN writes the new one - which will include waypoints etc. You either have to get past that mission so the new DGEN builds a corrected flight path or restart the campaign.