PDA

View Full Version : Vista ?

lskeeney
09-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm ordering a computer and am wondering which system to get w/ it. I've been told you can have Vista run as XP for a specific program file. Will this work and fix the issues with IL2 using Vista as the operating sys. Are they trying to fix the problems with the game and Vista?

lskeeney
09-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm ordering a computer and am wondering which system to get w/ it. I've been told you can have Vista run as XP for a specific program file. Will this work and fix the issues with IL2 using Vista as the operating sys. Are they trying to fix the problems with the game and Vista?

Skycat_2
09-02-2007, 04:19 PM
What problems?

I don't know about Pacific Fighters, but IL-2 1946 runs fine in Vista if you simply don't install it in the Program Files folder. Same goes with user-made utilities for the series.

See my 'Updating 1946' link (in signature) for more details.

VW-IceFire
09-02-2007, 04:25 PM
I've got Home Premium and IL-2 1946 works just fine. Yes you can configure Windows to run in compatibility mode and specify various previous versions of Windows (Windows XP can do this as well BTW). The only suggestion is to make sure you install it to a non C:\Program Files\ directory as Vista places special protection on that area and the game doesn't know that.