PDA

View Full Version : A Dumb and Good Question

bladencrowd
09-22-2009, 09:59 AM
A couple days ago I pre-ordered the Master Assassin Edition from Gamestop. Keep in mind that this is the first time I pre-ordered a game. I went up to the counter with a picture of the Master Assassin Edition in hand. I told the guy I wanted to pre-order it and he replied "Uh..you mean the special edition?". Hoping that he understood me I agreed, paid, then left. When I got home I checked the Gamestop website I found this. http://www.gamestop.com/Catalo...spx?product_id=74511 (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74511)

Assassins Creed 2- With Bonus if you pre-order!
"Reserve Assassin's Creed 2 and receive a GameStop exclusive code to unlock one of the Renaissance's most prestigious monuments, the Palazzo Medici. You will receive exclusive access to this majestic building, and the freedom to discover the treasure hidden within it's ancient walls."

not Assassins Creed 2- Master Assassin Edition

Is there any way to make sure I didn't order the wrong one? (The receipt isn't specific)

Here's the dumb question. I never specified what system I wanted the game for. Does it matter?

bladencrowd
09-22-2009, 09:59 AM
A couple days ago I pre-ordered the Master Assassin Edition from Gamestop. Keep in mind that this is the first time I pre-ordered a game. I went up to the counter with a picture of the Master Assassin Edition in hand. I told the guy I wanted to pre-order it and he replied "Uh..you mean the special edition?". Hoping that he understood me I agreed, paid, then left. When I got home I checked the Gamestop website I found this. http://www.gamestop.com/Catalo...spx?product_id=74511 (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74511)

"Reserve Assassin's Creed 2 and receive a GameStop exclusive code to unlock one of the Renaissance's most prestigious monuments, the Palazzo Medici. You will receive exclusive access to this majestic building, and the freedom to discover the treasure hidden within it's ancient walls."

Is there any way to make sure I didn't order the wrong one? (The receipt isn't specific)

Here's the dumb question. I never specified what system I wanted the game for. Does it matter?

Assassin_M
09-22-2009, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:

Here's the dumb question. I never specified what system I wanted the game for. Does it matter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well i think the special edition is the same as the master assassin edition but 1 Q first where do u live ?

Losk_
09-22-2009, 10:13 AM
how much did they tell you the game costs?
If it was around $80 it should be master assassin's

bladencrowd
09-22-2009, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:

Here's the dumb question. I never specified what system I wanted the game for. Does it matter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well i think the special edition is the same as the master assassin edition but 1 Q first where do u live ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

North America

QuotheAltair
09-22-2009, 10:54 AM
well as Losk said if it was around $80 then it's definitely the master assassin edition..as far as I know also there isn't any other special edition available in the US other than that master assassin edition...and also, yes, it probably does matter that you never specified which console it was for. With luck the reserved it on the console you have but if they didn't it might be problematic later..altho it may not be also -shrugs- it'll depend on how many copies of each your store gets in

Assassin_M
09-22-2009, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

well i think the special edition is the same as the master assassin edition but 1 Q first where do u live ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

North America </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
then it is the master assassin edition cuz the only edition available in NA is this one ur only problem now is the system specification (BTW It isnt a dumb question)

Grevling148
09-22-2009, 11:54 AM
My advice to you is to cancel your pre-record (if you can), and order online instead. Then you know what you are ordering, and don't have to be disappointed if you get the wrong package in the mail http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bladencrowd
09-22-2009, 12:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by QuotheAltair:
well as Losk said if it was around $80 then it's definitely the master assassin edition..as far as I know also there isn't any other special edition available in the US other than that master assassin edition...and also, yes, it probably does matter that you never specified which console it was for. With luck the reserved it on the console you have but if they didn't it might be problematic later..altho it may not be also -shrugs- it'll depend on how many copies of each your store gets in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if I have a Xbox 360 and PS3 (thanks God for older siblings) I don't need worry?

bornforhaze
09-22-2009, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by QuotheAltair:
well as Losk said if it was around $80 then it's definitely the master assassin edition..as far as I know also there isn't any other special edition available in the US other than that master assassin edition...and also, yes, it probably does matter that you never specified which console it was for. With luck the reserved it on the console you have but if they didn't it might be problematic later..altho it may not be also -shrugs- it'll depend on how many copies of each your store gets in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if I have a Xbox 360 and PS3 (thanks God for older siblings) I don't need worry? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think he means more of that Gamestop probably wilnt care what system you pick it for because you have already paid and there the same price so...

killermoneytree
09-23-2009, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by c-swain:
If i were you, just go back there and make sure.
But im pretty sure (not 100%, but close) that the Master Assassin edition comes with 2 bonus maps anyway... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually it comes with three and your right, you should go back there and just ask whoever is there, and if it's not the right one..change it. if they not sell black edition there, go to EB games..if you have one on your country

bokeef04
09-23-2009, 06:10 AM
killer,
the master edition and the black edition are different also the black edition isn't available in America, only UK/Europe and Australia