PDA

View Full Version : I'm Pirating!

dashman
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Ba5tard5word and skin contributors:

I got Pirates installed and - yay! - I installed it correctly.

I only have had time to try the first mission but it was a treat (until I got my left float knocked off).

The only thing I wasn't sure about during installation was when the text said to put such and such a skin into what seemed to be multiple skin folders, so I copied them into those folders instead of draggin/dropping into one. Was that right?

I took off the captain's plane as you suggested and noticed it was plain, no real skin that I could tell. That's what made me think I might have messed up the skin part of the install.

It was a nice change of pace and I am looking forward to getting more into it.

Thanks again for all the tutoring over the last few days, and again thanks for all the effort!

"...and there it is." (Amadeus, the movie)

dashman
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Ba5tard5word and skin contributors:

I got Pirates installed and - yay! - I installed it correctly.

I only have had time to try the first mission but it was a treat (until I got my left float knocked off).

The only thing I wasn't sure about during installation was when the text said to put such and such a skin into what seemed to be multiple skin folders, so I copied them into those folders instead of draggin/dropping into one. Was that right?

I took off the captain's plane as you suggested and noticed it was plain, no real skin that I could tell. That's what made me think I might have messed up the skin part of the install.

It was a nice change of pace and I am looking forward to getting more into it.

Thanks again for all the tutoring over the last few days, and again thanks for all the effort!

"...and there it is." (Amadeus, the movie)

Ba5tard5word
02-03-2009, 08:05 PM
ok, cool!

a) when you get the mission briefing, hit "arming" then "aircraft customization" then you can select the skin for your own plane (and some other stuff). If you don't select your skin here, you will just get a default one...but the next time you play a mission with that plane, the game will remember what skin you picked last time and use it again. Kind of weird and easy to forget about. I maybe should put notes in the briefings about what skin to pick...

b) yeah a couple skins need to go in the folders for a couple different types of the same model of planes...

let me know if my instructions are a bit confusing...maybe I should list the exact names of the folders instead of listing the type of plane and assuming people can match it up to the folder...the folder names are often confusing and a little misleading.

all skins titled "I-16_pirate"

place here:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\I-16type24

and here

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\I-16type24_SPB

"Pirate A6M2N Spaghetti":

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\A6M2-N

"Pirate MBR Spaghetti":

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\MBR-2-AM-34

"Pirate TB3 Mothership Spaghetti" and "Pirate TB3 Mothership":

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\TB-3_4M-34R_SPB

all skins titled "LaGG-3_Pirate"

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\LaGG-3series4

and

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\LaGG-3series29

AND

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\LaGG-3series35

dashman
02-04-2009, 05:26 AM
Oh, Yeah, DUH on the customization option.

I just forgot...

Thanks!

Mac1507
02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Dl'd it myself last night, installed, gonna have a go at it sometime soon.

Ba5tard5word
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Also ya know it would be great if someone could write a quick review on M4T about what they thought.......

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

SlickStick
02-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Arrr, matey....I'm pirating, too!

Oh wait......wrong forum....http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Billy_BigBoy
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
IBTL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif