PDA

View Full Version : Another minor enhancement required

sdcruz
02-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Looking at one of the new videos, I have observed that when we assign crew members to man the deck gun, the crew are there in a split second!! The video I am referring to is the one where a merchant gets torped and then the captain assigns crew members to use the deck guns.

Regards
Shelton.

macker33
02-28-2005, 07:51 PM
What happens if you leave the crew out on deck all night?will they die of hypotermia,or will you be notified by a crewmember that there are men freezing their nuts off outside.
Will awarding these same men medals compensate them for their trouble.All you have to do to keep morale up is keep dishing out the medals.

dercurialsniper
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Lol! I think that your officers or the computer would notify that your men are outside and it would say something like this

- Your men (some names) are outside on deck using the Flak gun. Would you like to have them back inside or still have them on watch? Click Yes or No -

JG27_Arklight
02-28-2005, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sdcruz:
Looking at one of the new videos, I have observed that when we assign crew members to man the deck gun, the crew are there in a split second!! The video I am referring to is the one where a merchant gets torped and then the captain assigns crew members to use the deck guns.

Regards
Shelton. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are asking if it would be possible for them to make crew members "running or moving" to the deck gun, it ain't gonna happen.

Too cpu intensive I would imagine.

macker33
02-28-2005, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dercurialsniper:
Click Yes or No - <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That might require the game to pause while it waits confermation,
If you are up on deck and are running at 32x time compression do crew members also run around the place 32 times faster?i'm amazed this hasnt been asked before.

bertgang
03-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Please, not fast crew's movement with time compression!

It should be in the taste of early '900 humoristic movies.

phapponen
03-01-2005, 07:44 AM
hahaha
cue the benny hill theme
personally i would prefer the crew to disappear when in time compression
it would get rid of the 'speed' problem and moving betweens stations aswell

archer49d
03-01-2005, 08:17 AM
A basic anim of three guys coming out the conning tower and walking to the deck gun wouldn't be too CPU intensive, the problem is the time issue I think, though I don't think any of us will engaged merchants at 32x. That being said, I don't want them to put it in, because that means a delay, and I don't want any more delays with this game.

Dominicrigg
03-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Crew are not going to move around at all, so i wouldnt worry about them moving fast with time compression!