PDA

View Full Version : Making far cry 3 more profitable

Leadstorm76
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I would suggest to ubisoft to have extra templates for map editing avialable for purchase nothing serious like five dollars. The game would ship with the regular in game components. But in edition if you but extra one's like a city template that had most everything you would see in a city. Also a industrial template with hundreds of machines from atm's to large cargo crane's . The template i would like to see the most is more futuristic one with glossy metals and controls panels with lights. This might give the game an edge in the market. you could download maps with the premium templates but you wouldn't be able to mod it in any way of course.

Leadstorm76
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I would suggest to ubisoft to have extra templates for map editing avialable for purchase nothing serious like five dollars. The game would ship with the regular in game components. But in edition if you but extra one's like a city template that had most everything you would see in a city. Also a industrial template with hundreds of machines from atm's to large cargo crane's . The template i would like to see the most is more futuristic one with glossy metals and controls panels with lights. This might give the game an edge in the market. you could download maps with the premium templates but you wouldn't be able to mod it in any way of course.

Martythemerc
07-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I've said it before. They almost have no choice this time around to package this with 2 or more disks - single player, multiplayer & maps. Heck, L.A. Noir had 3 disks on '360'.

InsanityPlea95
07-11-2011, 08:00 PM
or just include the template in the game ill be paying 60 bucks for

Leadstorm76
07-11-2011, 09:35 PM
of course just some extra content to download if you want giving the game more longevity and replay value. we could play some new sick maps every day of the week. we wont see this on the new battle field 3 or cod , far cry 3 would have so much more value.

lil_morta_7
07-12-2011, 01:34 PM
[edit: swearing removed] NO! Don't make us pay for it. T^T

DapperHayden007
07-12-2011, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lil_morta_7:
[edit:swearing removed] NO! Don't make us pay for it. T^T </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are not going to get it for free, The company want to make money not lose it... Anyway, if its for the editor who's complaining.

Thraxus360
07-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Personally I think the smart thing to do is charge for the editor, but put into 2 tiers. Fist would be the editor and 2-3 "templates" and 10 save slots for maps, the price should be $5-$10. The second should have the same as the first but a choice of an additional "template" and 10 more slots, pice should $5 more than the basic one.

Also I think they need to charge about $5 for additional "templates" or 10 additional map slots.

To me it makes too much sense to do it this way, Ubi makes money, we get more vareity in maps, we limit the bad maps; all of thoose things improves the player base and the games profitability (making it so it is economically viable to support it longer).