PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a Driv3r Remix

Driverman2006
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
This is an idea that I came up with over a month ago. I've been trying my best to get it right. OK, Reflections and Ubisoft need to make new versions of Driv3r on the PS3 and XBOX 360 full of new, old, and fixed content. So here is my "vision" of Driv3r Remix. I got the idea from the Midnight Club series, how they came out with MC3:Remix. And I also got this idea because Atari rushed Reflections back in 2004 with the original Driv3r. Hopefully, Ubisoft will support Reflections 24/7 and won't rush them.

This game needs to have all the stuff from the original Driv3r (gameplay, missions, etc) but even more. They should remove the front-end menu and take all of the missions and side missions and put them into the open world structure. It will work like D:PL in most respects (which is a good thing). There also needs to be blood in this game too. I don't know why Driv3r didn't have blood but it had guns in it, wtf is wrong with these people?! There also needs to be a very realistic 1st person view too.

This game needs new cities. I think it needs 3 more cities (which will be added into the story). That being Chicago, Las Vegas, and San Diego. So that's 6 cities (4 American and 2 Foreign). The Chicago and Vegas maps should be the same overall maps from Driver 2 and the San Diego map should be overall map from Midnight Club 3. These new cities should have the vehicles from Driver 2 in Chicago and Vegas and some new ones too (which I'll explain later in this post).

Music is another thing too. The gameplay music in Driv3r is pathetic compared to D:PL's. Here's what needs to be done, they need to take all of the real songs from the Driv3r soundtrack and put them into the gameplay. The music system should work the same way as in D:PL, you can listen to any song in the game and change to the next one. Here's a complete list of suggested songs for Driv3r Remix (not originally in Driv3r):
"Suffragette City" by David Bowie
"Pick up the Pieces" by The Average White Band
"Neighborhood Threat" by Iggy Pop
"One Way or Another" by Blondie
"Louis XIV" by Louis XIV
"Way Out" by The London Funk Allstars
"The Basement" by Etta James
"Viva Las Vegas" by Elvis
"Fever" by Dust Junkies
"Outa Space" by Billy Preston
"Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO
"Turn to Stone" by ELO
"My Kind of Town (Chicago)" by Frank Sinatra
"Peaches" by The Stranglers

What would a Remix game be if it didn't have new vehicles to Drive? It needs more! Here are some vehicles that I want to see in these specific cities for the next Driver game (both never-before-seen and D:PL classics). Plus, all of the vehicles in the original Driv3r need to be in there obviously. All of these vehicles should be exportable, so you can drive a vehicle that you only see spawning in Miami available to you in Istanbul (and in many other ways). All of the road vehicles need to be customizable with the same (and even better) kind of customization found in D:PL. So these vehicles should at least spawn in these cities:
Miami:
Wrecker
Paramedic (Miami Medical version)
Firetruck (Miami Fire Department version)
Pangea
Land Roamer
San Marino
San Marino Racer
San Marino Spyder
San Marino Spyder Racer
2003 Chevy Trailblazer looking SUV
1992 Buick Park Avenue looking car
1992 Lincoln Towncar looking car
2004 Dodge Neon looking car
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 looking truck
2003 Dodge Viper looking car
2002 Plymouth Prowler looking car
1925 Ford V8 looking car
1972 Dodge Dart looking car
1999 Chrsyler Town & Country looking van
Dolva Fishtruck
All of Driver 1's Miami vehicles too
The Miami monorails need to be boardable
Dozer
School Bus
SWAT Van
Courier
Security Van
All of Driv3r's Miami vehicles need to return

Nice:
Cerva
Cerva Racer
Andec
Andec Racer
Firetruck (Nice Fire Department version)
1978 Chevy Monte Carlo looking car
1974 Dodge Monaco looking car
1999 Chrysler Town & Country looking van
Paramedic (Nice Medical Version)
Pangea
Chauffer
Land Roamer
1966 Cadillac Coupe DeVille looking car
SWAT Van
All of Driv3r's Nice vehicles need to return
All of the drivable vehicles from Stuntman 1 and in Monaco in Stuntman 1 need to return

Istanbul:
Meat Wagon (Istanbul Medical version)
Pangea
Land Roamer
2003 Chevy Trailbazer looking SUV
1999 Chrysler Town & Country
Firetruck (Istanbul Fire Department version)
The Trollies in Istanbul need to be drivable
The Trains in Istanbul need to be drivable (both with passenger and freight consists)
School Bus
SWAT Van
All of Driv3r's Istanbul vehicles need to return

Chicago:
Indiana
Land Roamer
Pangea
All of the vehicles from Driver 2's Chicago need to return
The L-Trains need to be drivable and ridable
GM Amtrak F40 diesel locomotive (and with matching Amtrak passenger cars)
The 18 Wheelers need to be drivable
SWAT Van
All of the vehicles from Chicago in Driver 2 need to return

Las Vegas:
2004 Nissan Titan looking truck
2003 Porsche 911 Targa looking car
The Train in Vegas needs to be drivable
The 18 Wheelers in Vegas need to be drivable
All of the vehicles from Driver 2's Vegas need to return

San Diego:
Fairview
San Marino
San Marino Racer
San Marino Spyder
San Marino Spyder Racer
Land Roamer
Pangea
1970 Chevy El Camino looking car
West Coast Chopper CFL looking bike
West Coast Chopper El Diablo Rigid looking bike
West Coast Chopper El Diablo Soft Tail looking bike
The San Diego Trams need to be drivable and ridable
1996 Chevy Caprice (both standard and cop car) looking car
Negotiator
All of the vehicles from both San Francisco and Los Angeles in Driver 1 need to return
All of the vehicles from Driver: LA Undercover need to return
All of the vehicles from Stuntman: Ignition in San Francisco need to return

The on foot action needs to be improved. Tanner should be able to punch this time and do other hand-to-hand combat moves. I also think his jumping needs to be improved too. Tanner needs to talk once and a while (like TK and Ray) and if he gets hit by something, he should start to rant. The NPCs should act the same way as in D:PL, same with enemy AI. Tanner also needs to have TK's walk (46 year old TK).

The driving controls need major improvement. Burnout needs to be combined with acceleration, there needs to be driveby controls, and nitrous controls. It's needs to have the same default layout as in D:PL. The train controls should be like they are in GTA:SA, but with a horn and driveby controls. With the trains, you should be able to uncouple while on foot and switch switchtracks when on foot as well.

We need some new weapons too. I think we should have these as weapons:
Sawed-off Shotguns
Chainsaws
Knives
Grenades

The glitches need to go. I want corrected traffic driver AI, and I want everything in the game to function realistically. The graphics should be the same graphics in Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas (which are really good looking for the PS3 and XBOX 360)

The story should be the same as it is in Driv3r, but it should continue into Vegas after Istanbul. This way, it'll serve as a console version of Driver: Vegas. After Vegas, it'll continue into San Diego. After San Diego, it all ends in Chicago. Making it so that the story is twice as long (which is a good thing).

Pant... Pant... Pant... OK, that took me over an hour to get all of this stuff down. This is kind of like a "Driv3r Fixed", it has all the stuff from the original, and more, plus some stuff from D:PL. Do you think Reflection and Ubisoft should do this? Any suggestions?

Driverman2006
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
This is an idea that I came up with over a month ago. I've been trying my best to get it right. OK, Reflections and Ubisoft need to make new versions of Driv3r on the PS3 and XBOX 360 full of new, old, and fixed content. So here is my "vision" of Driv3r Remix. I got the idea from the Midnight Club series, how they came out with MC3:Remix. And I also got this idea because Atari rushed Reflections back in 2004 with the original Driv3r. Hopefully, Ubisoft will support Reflections 24/7 and won't rush them.

This game needs to have all the stuff from the original Driv3r (gameplay, missions, etc) but even more. They should remove the front-end menu and take all of the missions and side missions and put them into the open world structure. It will work like D:PL in most respects (which is a good thing). There also needs to be blood in this game too. I don't know why Driv3r didn't have blood but it had guns in it, wtf is wrong with these people?! There also needs to be a very realistic 1st person view too.

This game needs new cities. I think it needs 3 more cities (which will be added into the story). That being Chicago, Las Vegas, and San Diego. So that's 6 cities (4 American and 2 Foreign). The Chicago and Vegas maps should be the same overall maps from Driver 2 and the San Diego map should be overall map from Midnight Club 3. These new cities should have the vehicles from Driver 2 in Chicago and Vegas and some new ones too (which I'll explain later in this post).

Music is another thing too. The gameplay music in Driv3r is pathetic compared to D:PL's. Here's what needs to be done, they need to take all of the real songs from the Driv3r soundtrack and put them into the gameplay. The music system should work the same way as in D:PL, you can listen to any song in the game and change to the next one. Here's a complete list of suggested songs for Driv3r Remix (not originally in Driv3r):
"Louis XIV" by Louis XIV
"Fever" by Dust Junkies
"Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO
"Turn to Stone" by ELO

What would a Remix game be if it didn't have new vehicles to Drive? It needs more! Here are some vehicles that I want to see in these specific cities for the next Driver game (both never-before-seen and D:PL classics). Plus, all of the vehicles in the original Driv3r need to be in there obviously. All of these vehicles should be exportable, so you can drive a vehicle that you only see spawning in Miami available to you in Istanbul (and in many other ways). All of the road vehicles need to be customizable with the same (and even better) kind of customization found in D:PL. So these vehicles should at least spawn in these cities:
Miami:
Wrecker
Pangea
Land Roamer
San Marino
San Marino Racer
San Marino Spyder
San Marino Spyder Racer
1925 Ford V8 looking car
Dolva Fishtruck
Dozer
School Bus
SWAT Van
Courier
Security Van

Nice:
Cerva
Cerva Racer
Andec
Andec Racer
Pangea
Chauffer
Land Roamer
SWAT Van
All of the drivable vehicles from Stuntman 1 and in Monaco in Stuntman 1 need to return

Istanbul:
Pangea
Land Roamer
The Trains in Istanbul need to be drivable (both with passenger and freight consists)
School Bus
SWAT Van

Chicago:
Indiana
Land Roamer
Pangea
SWAT Van

Las Vegas:

San Diego:
Fairview
San Marino
San Marino Racer
San Marino Spyder
San Marino Spyder Racer
Land Roamer
Pangea
Negotiator
All of the vehicles from both San Francisco and Los Angeles in Driver 1 need to return

The on foot action needs to be improved. Tanner should be able to punch this time and do other hand-to-hand combat moves. I also think his jumping needs to be improved too. Tanner needs to talk once and a while (like TK and Ray) and if he gets hit by something, he should start to rant. The NPCs should act the same way as in D:PL, same with enemy AI. Tanner also needs to have TK's walk (46 year old TK).

The driving controls need major improvement. Burnout needs to be combined with acceleration, there needs to be driveby controls, and nitrous controls. It's needs to have the same default layout as in D:PL. The train controls should be like they are in GTA:SA, but with a horn and driveby controls. With the trains, you should be able to uncouple while on foot and switch switchtracks when on foot as well.

Sawed-off Shotguns
Chainsaws
Knives
Grenades

The glitches need to go. I want corrected traffic driver AI, and I want everything in the game to function realistically. The graphics should be the same graphics in Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas (which are really good looking for the PS3 and XBOX 360)

The story should be the same as it is in Driv3r, but it should continue into Vegas after Istanbul. This way, it'll serve as a console version of Driver: Vegas. After Vegas, it'll continue into San Diego. After San Diego, it all ends in Chicago. Making it so that the story is twice as long (which is a good thing).

Pant... Pant... Pant... OK, that took me over an hour to get all of this stuff down. This is kind of like a "Driv3r Fixed", it has all the stuff from the original, and more, plus some stuff from D:PL. Do you think Reflection and Ubisoft should do this? Any suggestions?

Assaultmachine1
07-01-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry, but no. I don't think that this is the right path for Reflections to take. There needs to be a new approach. We need more careers (just like my concept that I came up with), a lot of on-foot (interiors and exteriors being explorable, many abilities, RPG elements, ability to buy things), a great assortment of different vehicle types (landcraft, aircraft, and watercraft), a create your own character, Film Director (with more time of recording and even new camera views introduced), graphics of the gameplay matching that of the cutscenes, and online/offline multiplayer.

Looking at the remakes and sequels of many games, they usually turn out worse than their original versions, so it is very unlikely that this game could do any better. Lets just have Reflections leave Tanner and T.K. behind, create the biggest driving experience (not being focus mainly on chases anymore), and the most intense assortment of on-foot that you've ever seen before. Add the greatest realism in a video game to that and you have a true game that will live up to the franchise and maybe even help the future Driver games that come ahead of it.

Driverman2006
07-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Well I'm sorry you don't like it, I didn't try to disappoint anyone. I thought it would help because it would be like a "Fundraiser" and/or "Preview" for the next "Big" Driver game. Hell, they'd have half the resources already from Driv3r and D:PL (plus they'd need to make more). So I think it could help. A "Fixed" Driv3r should make us all happy. To me, it sounds awesome. It would make me happy for sure.

Assaultmachine1
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
No. I don't find it any good reason to fund raise another Driver game even when Driver 76 came out along with the PC and Wii versions of DPL. You may think it's a good idea to see remakes, but it only worsens the original product. When I looked at the reviews of most remakes, they don't look better than their original counterparts, so it would only be Reflections wasting their money. I can see that you're trying to help and that you must've had this idea for a while, but the Driver series must go to a new approach, not something of the past. It needs the Multiple Career concept, awesome realism for the vehicles, people, and city itself, a customization for creating your own character, graphics of the cutscenes that match the gameplay's, a lot more on-foot, Film Director, and a large variety of vehicle types (landcraft, aircraft, and watercraft).

Driverman2006
07-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Don't forget Driver: LA Undercover, that's another Ubisoft Driver game. Sure, I think they will make some money by selling the Wii and PC versions of D:PL, Driver: LA Undercover, and Driver 76. But I think they could make more money by making a Driv3r Remix. If Reflections was to make a Driv3r Remix (for the PS3 and XBOX 360), then Driv3r would be more awesome than ever! Ubisoft would give Reflections full support, unlike Atari. I understand your point Assaultmachine1, you think they should go straight into the next Driver game (I would love to know what the next Driver will bring us!), but I think they should make more money by making and selling a Driv3r Remix. This way Reflections and Ubisoft can work on all of those careers and other things you want badly that we've all been talking about. So, is there anybody else besides Assaultmachine1 and I that want to express their views on this idea for a Driv3r Remix?

Assaultmachine1
07-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Perhaps you don't understand how hard it is to have a remake become better than an original product. It has hardly ever been a possibility for any developers in the past to ever make such a product. And just because Ubisoft is now supporting Reflections, it doesn't mean that the chances will be any better than before if Reflections works so slowly as they did with Driv3r when Atari was their game publisher. Infact, I don't blame Atari completely for Driv3r of becoming a bad game. Reflections should've known better that they can't beat Rockstar North so easily at the on-foot exploration and at delivering the most non-linear experience ever. They wasted their time on things that were not good very much at all for the franchise and even picked many wrong members for the team, which couldn't help the game become any more bug/glitch free and nor was much of the other gameplay any good either. Driv3r is just such a bad line of history in the 6th Generation (maybe even the worst game in a franchise to ever make its way in to the Video Game Industry). The story wasn't very original, the characters weren't that interesting, the physics didn't handle so good (DPL's physics are much better), the graphics were not good and nor were they bad (the glitches screwed up much of the graphical quality in the game to make it be this low), the weapons and on-foot hardly make the game any fun, the timmy vercelli's are practically pointless for the game and are not what feasibility is about, and even the Film Director wasn't that good at all. It is a very low type of game. I understand that you must love the Driver series so much and that it's really hard to be without it, but you need to think in terms of what made the game bad too. Looking only at what's fun is not the whole aspect of a game because there are the 3 other F's of Great Game Design, which are fairness, feedback, and feasibility, which Driv3r lacks very much in. And it does lack in fun as well. You can possibly find some things to do that are fun, but the gameplay is very much ruined that you don't have for yourself very much to do anyways other than look for glitches and do them, drive about, shoot things, or just do the missions. It hardly ever is that much non-linear and that is why this is one of the worst examples as to how a free-roaming game can ever turn out to be. Why must we follow this game's example? It would only worse Reflections' products because they would keep most of the product's features still there and the added extras would hardly do anything to help the game score any higher than Driv3r did. After critics have reviewed a game, if they ever see a remake or port of it in the future, they will most likely (as they usually do) give it an even smaller score, so there's no point in doing that.

You must face the facts that it is not safe for Reflections to be going back to the roots of the first 3 games or even to keep the gameplay as it started with DPL. It must take a new approach. Tanner is definitely not the answer to this any more. A much wider and less linear driving and on-foot experience for a free-roaming Driver game is what needs to be seen. Therefore, Reflections can get started as soon as possible with the new approach, which will be for the better as they can make a lot of money from doing what is right for their products and that I'm sure of, would make more money than a Driv3r Remix, especially because many people who have or haven't played Driv3r were pretty dissapointed with it, so why would they want to go back to the bad days? It's a very risky and bad move if you ask me, Driverman2006. Hell, it's not even worth the extra money because while Reflections would get a little more money on doing it, it would also ruin the Video Game Industry more, so it is a bad move for the most part. If they are able to make use of the new approach for the next Driver game, I'm sure that they'd be able to make a lot more money than this. And after that, we could see another Driver game with that new approach, which would go to sell even more and possibly even become a better game, so this is better than taking a risky move for Ubisoft, Reflections, and even the Video Game Industry itself. It may even have Rockstar North look and see what fool Reflections is of having to redo a product that did so poorly.

driver_madness
07-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Even since atari screwed with Reflections I always thought that ubi better fund reflections with enough money to finish and/or remake the entire engine and everything that was giving the original driv3r problems.

DRIV3R was anticipated to be a really large great game, and it was but it was ment to be so much better and that would have been really amazing if they could have done what they wanted to do with it.

I also want to see Martin Edmondson back up there doing his thing, I think he was doing a great job!

DriverKid
07-18-2007, 01:03 PM
On the school bus I'd like it if they improved it. Tanner could only get in on the right side, the stop sign was in the correct place and the lights on top wern't for being on at night, they would actually work if you pressed the horn or the action button or something.

Assaultmachine1
07-20-2007, 12:16 PM
What I feel about Driv3r as to how it can be changed for the better is that maybe, Reflections could make a D3 update available through both Xbox Live and Playstation Network, trying to eliminate all those many bad glitches, fixing up the physics, making the on-foot a little more enhanced, giving the boats realistic damage and physics, and maybe even changing or adding more to the storyline. Also, the timmy vercellis are just useless for the game, so they can remove that feature and add something else that would give humor to the game or even make fun of GTA, but make it simple enough that you can read it on a billboard or something. An update, rather than a complete remake of Driv3r, is what I consider the best option for Reflections.

Reflections could even consider to start selling copies of Driv3r with this update later on, as a limited time only and only several hundreds of thousands of copies, along with a commercial about the new and improved Driv3r, which would really help excite a lot of people and then, maybe, Driv3r would get a new and good rating along with more of a fanbase than right now.

Driverman2006
07-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Personally, I think my idea for a Driv3r Remix is awesome. Why? Well overall, you'll see that the story is longer, there are more vehicles, more gameplay, new cities, improved graphics, and smarter AI. This is probably what all fans were expecting, and I think I got it right.

Assaultmachine1
07-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I see what you're saying, but giving us new cities is not possibly an idea that Reflections will likely go to when creating a reworked Driv3r. Having better graphics, which both the gameplay and cutscenes look identical, but very well detailed in, some new on-foot abilities (jumping, crawling, climbing, sticking to the wall, etc.), less or no glitches at all, an action button, realistic boat damage and physics, better improved damage and physics for other vehicles, a better Film Director, more vehicles, and a few included missions or something in addition to the story of D3, are what I'd consider as the features that are enough to make D3 look like a good game. Also, my idea of an update over both the Xbox Live and Playstation Network services (for those who already own the original game) and selling a few hundreds of thousands of copies, along with a commercial of the update and reworked D3 would be a nice idea.

Driverman2006
07-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Well, I thought adding 3 new cities into the Remix game might be cool. In Midnight Club 3: Remix, they brought Tokyo back from Midnight Club 2. So I think having Chicago, Las Vegas, and San Diego (as well as Miami, Nice, and Istanbul) would be a great arrangement of cities, even for a Remix on next-gen.

Assaultmachine1
07-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't believe that it would make sense to have us follow the same storyline and go to three other cities in the game, so I don't think that Reflections would find it as a good idea to include more cities. If I were looking for a better Driv3r, I would only look at what needs to be improved. The things that need the most improvement I'd say, which were criticized the most are the following:

- boat physics and damage that work realistic as in real life

- the AI for the vehicles and even anyone who is on-foot needs to take better care, so people could take cover and even work together or call for help when they are in trouble. Also, there could be an option to adjust the AI and other difficulties in the options to set the game however difficult you want it to be, so the enemies can be easy to as hard as being able to get headshots and kill you much faster.

- possibly make the graphics of the gameplay look very much similar as ever to that of the cutscenes of the original game, which were highly detailed.

- leave out and get rid of all of the many glitches found inside the game.

- add a couple of new abilities to the on-foot. Jumping and climbing would possibly be great enough as an addition to enhance the on-foot.

- introduce better damage to environments and objects in the game.

- provide the fans with a Film Director that is either identical to or even superior to that of the one found in the original Driver.

- add us more miles to those cities that were available in the original product of Driv3r, which is a lot more simple that throwing in some new cities.

- crank up the realism in the game for practically everything that you experience in the game. Offer much of the realism that Martin Edmondson expected and mentioned in having made available for Driv3r in the first place, such being dogs that run after you, people walking to stores, etc.

- give us a much better and enhanced set of aiming feature for the weapons, leaving it to be with the over-the-shoulder-view as the least good it can be or even taking it to higher lengths than this.

- provide some new interiors that can leave you with more to do.

- give a better selection of songs that will help spice up both the action and driving experience.

- maybe add some new missions to go in either before or in the middle of some missions that take place in the original Driv3r (leave no missions to take place after what occurs at the end of Driv3r, which is that Tanner goes to the hospital because it isn't likely that he would walk out quickly enough), or better yet, change the ending to something completely new that the fans will come to enjoy, much like ending Calita, who gets caught or even killed by Tanner and Jericho either dies, goes to jail, or even escapes in the game. This would add a much better storyline for the game and people would be happy, being able to appreciate the story of the game more than the original product of D3.

If Reflections can give us these features, which are not too much big or hard in making possible as part of a remake, it will help settle the bad reviews and things said about the original D3, giving birth to the right D3 that we should've had coming from Reflections in the first place.

Driverman2006
07-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Don't forget vehicle customization. ALL games with cars need vehicle customization nowadays. You should know this, I should know this, THE WHOLE WORLD SHOULD KNOW THIS. They also need to remove the front-end menu (another downside to Driv3r).

Now about the new cities, they should continue onto the story. After Istanbul, the story continues in Vegas. This would be like a console version of Driver: Vegas (as well as a next-gen Driv3r). Then it continues on to San Diego and then ends in Chicago (I don't have any ideas for plot twists and plot lines for the last 2 cities). Reflections needs to make a "Comeback" with Driv3r. What I mean by that is, they need to say to the audience, "Didn't like the original Driv3r? Well HERE, we made a Remix of it for the PS3 and XBOX 360, and we are hoping that it meets you expectations from before." The audience should be like "Holy $#!+!, this game RULES!http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif" Now that's what will boost up the sales for sure, and Driv3r will no longer be known as a "Mediocre" game.

Assaultmachine1
07-22-2007, 11:03 AM
We only need improvements for the a remake of Driv3r. I don't think that Reflections should be spending any more time trying to build us something more than even DPL. It's safe enough to say that if the remake offers improvements in many of its gameplay, it will be enough to help make it a good game. The next new Driver game is the only game that I think Reflections should focus more on than just improvement.

To tell you the truth, I don't really care if a remake of Driv3r will ever come out. As long as Reflections gets to the next new Driver game soon, I'll be glad to see the team work and try to make both improvements as well as innovations for the game. Keeping us waiting with the same sequel is actually the last thing that I would expect from a smart developer. When looking at how Square Enix, the creators of Final Fantasy continue to make many remakes, I think that the many long-time fans are beginning to feel bored with the franchise. I even found it a bad use of time for Capcom to work on the GC with a remake of the first Resident Evil game along with ports of RE2, RE3, and RE: Code Veronica X, which turned out worse than the original ports. Regardless of whether or not a developer has messed up with a game of theirs, the best thing would be to not look back and move forward because they can seriously overdo it and maybe it will turn out worse than expected once more. I don't even think that Ubisoft finds a very good idea to remake a Driver game. I'm pretty sure that they want to be really amazed by Reflections at what kind of a new Driver game can be created. After all, money isn't everything and remakes are usually done for money's sake or just because the fans want more, but if you get stuck too much in the past and not move on forward with new games and concepts of games, you will be left behind, as mentioned in one of my game magazines (it was either PSM or EGM).

I know that we are dissapointed with what had been done for Driv3r, but why not forget about it? If anyone likes the game and is a fan, why should they ask for more? A smart developer would only continue to create a new sequel or an entirely new original game, not remaking anything. If I go to saying that sequels aren't a very good idea to move ideas forward, then remakes go way further than that. If sequels are to be around, I don't think that I want any remakes. And if sequels aren't around, then I'll be glad at how much ideas can come pouring out of each new original game that a developer works on.

Do not have Reflections create a remake of Driv3r when they may suddenly screw up the new Driver game. This has been done to Capcom as a result of having to remake RE1. When Resident Evil 0 came out, I was hoping for a really big game, but it didn't do better than the remake of D1, even when it was a new sequel and yet RE0 was begun on the N64, but never made it to the console and instead was ported to the GameCube. The way that Capcom did the development and suddenly switched to doing a remake of RE1 first was a bad idea as they couldn't do any more to RE0 than what they did for RE1's remake.

Since Reflections has probably already begun on a new Driver game, we should leave them upto it and not remake Driv3r because the same thing could happen like with Capcom, who tried to make RE0 a big game, but failed to make it any better thanks to RE1's remake, which disrupted their development of RE0.

Movies and video games, as they continue to make sequels and remakes, this limits the amount of ideas that they can actually put forth. If movies and video games never focused on remakes or sequels, the competition would be a lot more strong and it would probably even be that much better. Whoever thought of the ways of creating sequels or even remakes is really a dumb person because this disrupted the amount of new ideas that can go flowing into any media.

lookatmedriver3
12-05-2007, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Driverman2006:

"Louis XIV" by Louis XIV
"Fever" by Dust Junkies
"Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO
"Turn to Stone" by ELO

Miami:
Wrecker
Pangea
Land Roamer
San Marino
San Marino Racer
San Marino Spyder
San Marino Spyder Racer
1925 Ford V8 looking car
Dolva Fishtruck
Dozer
School Bus
SWAT Van
Courier
Security Van

Nice:
Cerva
Cerva Racer
Andec
Andec Racer
Pangea
Chauffer
Land Roamer
SWAT Van

Istanbul:
Pangea
Land Roamer
School Bus
SWAT Van

Chicago:
Indiana
Land Roamer
Pangea
SWAT Van

Las Vegas:

San Diego:
Fairview
San Marino
San Marino Racer
San Marino Spyder
San Marino Spyder Racer
Land Roamer
Pangea
Negotiator

Sawed-off Shotguns
Chainsaws
Knives
Grenades

Pant... Pant... Pant... OK, that took me over an hour to get all of this stuff down. This is kind of like a "Driv3r Fixed", it has all the stuff from the original, and more, plus some stuff from D:PL. Do you think Reflection and Ubisoft should do this? Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would be fun since i loved driv3r when it was released untill dpl came out

Driverman2006
12-05-2007, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lookatmedriver3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Driverman2006:

"Louis XIV" by Louis XIV
"Fever" by Dust Junkies
"Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO
"Turn to Stone" by ELO

Miami:
Wrecker
Pangea
Land Roamer
San Marino
San Marino Racer
San Marino Spyder
San Marino Spyder Racer
1925 Ford V8 looking car
Dolva Fishtruck
Dozer
School Bus
SWAT Van
Courier
Security Van

Nice:
Cerva
Cerva Racer
Andec
Andec Racer
Pangea
Chauffer
Land Roamer
SWAT Van

Istanbul:
Pangea
Land Roamer
School Bus
SWAT Van

Chicago:
Indiana
Land Roamer
Pangea
SWAT Van

Las Vegas:

San Diego:
Fairview
San Marino
San Marino Racer
San Marino Spyder
San Marino Spyder Racer
Land Roamer
Pangea
Negotiator

Sawed-off Shotguns
Chainsaws
Knives
Grenades

Pant... Pant... Pant... OK, that took me over an hour to get all of this stuff down. This is kind of like a "Driv3r Fixed", it has all the stuff from the original, and more, plus some stuff from D:PL. Do you think Reflection and Ubisoft should do this? Any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would be fun since i loved driv3r when it was released untill dpl came out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, hopefully the goal of this game would be a D:PL of Driv3r when it comes to its vibe.

PennySillin
12-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Horrible idea, they'd have to look through all that old, botched code and redo it.

Start from scratch is a better idea, especially since theres a generations difference in hardware.

JacksonL2007
12-08-2007, 05:11 PM
why do the cities have to be the same, theres nothing in the story to do with the cities inparticular apart from they go there!

Music, their should be less of the bizar ethnic stuff that fits with the mood. Just plain licensed music. And I do not want reflections to spend a lot of time on a remix of a game with a quite frankly BAD storyline.

Driver: Reflections is a good title for this. another would be (I stole the first one)
Driver: The Echoe of the Wheelman.

But if they are going to remix any of the games i think they should do them all. Driver2 is still my favourite driver game to this day. It had an atmosphere it just got out of date. Spice it up make it new. I really liked Rio in d2 aswell in fact all the cities in D2 were imence.

I'd put more ideas in but i am puting more energy into the new game.

PennySillin
12-09-2007, 02:50 PM
It could be cool if they used in house music for the game, but themed it around the city a bit more, a mix of funk and ethnic stuff, such as musical scales, a cool mid-eastern sounding funk song for Istanbul. Bongo drums for Rio. Anyway, I'm no expert on world music, I'm just going off the bongos I heard in Rio D2.

D1+2 are much more simple games that would take less time and effort to improve upon for a good appetizer. Time is the enemy, you don't want to wait too long for the real sequel, in a few months GTA4 will be out, Driver will loose more ground, a few months later GTA will be old again, time to strike, cause they'll be out with another one in a years time, maybe we'll be granted a reprieve of a little longer than a year if Rockstar wants to get back to their "every october" schedule. But lets not rest on our haunches. Suspect the worst, prepare for battle..

lb003g0676
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Hah, if Reflections were innovative enough, the battle would be minimal as Driver would and could be advertised as it's own thing. NOT a GTA clone.

Althoguh despite that, you are still spoton PennySillin, regardless, any car game otu near the time of GTA will suffer. Inafct ANY game will.

PennySillin
12-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Comparisons will never end, so **** it, shoot for the moon. If you're gonna be compared, at least be better.

PennySillin
12-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Comparisons will never end, so screw it, shoot for the moon. If you're gonna be compared, at least be better.

lb003g0676
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
But why unless the developers want to sell a game (which you criticised me for unjustly) would you want a game just like GTA, with the Driver name.

GTA won't be toppable, because they are working as hard as anyone at Reflections would be, But instead Rockstar has deeper pockets and from that more middleware and probably better developer technicians (specific to each console).

So Driver needs to take it's own direction. And deviate from this style that GTA has set which unfortunately makes any game similar, get hidden in it's shadow.

Doesn't have to be not fun/

PennySillin
12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
GTA isn't working that hard. Theres a lot of stuff in the game, but it was all hastily added and needs much improvement.

The Driver I want would be all about damage and free roam. A wide variety of vehicles that you can tear apart in many ways, destroy buildings, lots of weapons you could unload to cause massive destruction. Thats mainly what I want. Of course, challenging car chases are a must. Film Director is nice to have, but I don't use it.

I'm not saying copy GTA, I'm saying make the game fun. Its just so happens GTA is fun for the most part.

Reverting back to old gameplay is not a choice for me. Go play Driver 1 if you want that, we need to move forward.

driver_madness
12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
I no longer find gta fun at all, the unrealistic driving turns me off.

Just make the driving even more realistic and that'd be awesome.

PennySillin
12-09-2007, 08:22 PM
The summer after GTASA came out I had no job, I wasted an entire summer playing that game, and I didn't even enjoy any of it. This summer I completely rejected videogames. Now its getting colder, I don't like being outside as much, but I still find all my games boring. Everytime I buy a new game, it sucks, so I stopped doing that too. I'm almost rid of the habit actually, unless its a party game like Guitar Hero

driver_madness
12-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Well for me it's Driver3 and Driver: Parallel Lines that's all. If I want to play something else I just go teach myself some more 3d modeling, maybe create a very simple driving game myself. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PennySillin
12-10-2007, 05:57 AM
nice skills, I wish I could do that, but I don't really have the patience to deal with all this C++ stuff that makes no sense at all. I took a class and didn't learn a whole lot

If I could make my own cheap games, I'd put them all online to play for free. My problem is I get WAAAAAY too far ahead of myself, much like my ideas I post on here, I always forget to keep it simple. Well, at least I realize this, time to change it, right?

lb003g0676
12-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Yes, some of us (liek me I'm guessing) just go marchign ahead. Heh. Isn't C++ not to do wiht modellign but like game engine/scripting?

Anyway

I think that if you wnat a game like that PennySillin, just wait for GTA IV. More relastic, apparently awesome car physics. Wait ands see.

Reflectiosn can't top Rockstar, and I am beign negative, but it's virtually impossible for them to top Rpockstar. Rockstar has got superb middleware (euphoria engine for a start) and Reflections, no matter how hard they work couldn't top it.

So in my eyes Reflections should take anotehr turn, it's not backwards, it's just going to Driving, ratehr than mass destruction and mayhem and virtually terrorism in a sense. And Driver ahs never been about that. Thats probabaly why people are disappointed, if they don't know the series, they expect a GTA liek game, but instead get a driving simulator.

So now they need to think in terms of makign the dirving experience one hundred fold the experience GTA gives. even if they limit themselves elsewhere.

If they can focus (i know you hate that word PennySilln :P) on soem major points, they can seperate themselves from GTA, and make a real Driver game.

The Points

Technical:

Graphics (animation and render quality included here)

Physics and Car Theme (unbelievebale car physics so the game will have endless stunts, with whole car interaction option aswell as otehr vehicles)

Design:

Art Direction (spend tiem on the art direction, great agmes can be made solely with beauitful art direction and graphics. This will develop environemnts [seamless stunt opportunities] and cars [huge variety] and chacrters[varied and occasioanlly beuaitful to fit in with writing direction])

Writing Direction (storyline has to fit with Art direction, to create a unified experience, and greta mission deisgn)

That's all.

Without those relatively basic piitns (in comparison to GTA's massive and cumbersome developign poitns, this is a relativley cheap and easy design for a Driver game, to seperate it from GTA soemwhat and to make it awesome.

PennySillin
12-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I guess I'll have to make my own game then.

Yeah, C++ is basically scripting the game, no 3D stuff here as far as I know, but I only know the basics. Well, I forgot those too.

lb003g0676
12-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I didn't mean it liek that, I just meant, wait and see how the new more realistic GTA works for you.

If you do ever decide tomake a game, I woudl mroe than gladly supply concept art. I do suck at cars though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I am great at charcters and environemnts.

driver_madness
12-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Well basically I'm teaching myself how to use 3dmax, I believe reflection team use it to, I bet most game developers use it, either that or Maya which is more focus on 3d animating. There are other free and paid utilities but they are no where near as popular as the two mentioned above.

The modeling is the first part, that's why game developers work in big teams, because one person really knows there modeling and the other knows there programming and so on.

Basically C# is one of the hardest programming languages out there and I have only scratched the surface, not enough to build a game engine but I'll follow a few tutorials use a few examples from source code projects and make use of the DirectX SDK and I'll be on my way.

If I don't want to learn making an engine in C Shape or if you want to call it the more limited C++ or C. They all have their differences but are very similar.

So overall I'm just trying to make the simplest little thing, with good modeling but crappy programming.

Wished Reflections either made the game easier to mod or handed out the source code of at least the first game so we can model and import out own vehicles into the game.

--------------------------------------------

All the gta's have had the crappiest driving, if anything there probably taking a risk at making everything more realistic, but really are they making it more realistic, I guess I have only seen the first trailer so you'd probably know more than me.

But the driver series had always had better driving then any other free form game similar to gta's free roam style, but I'm sick of people calling it a gta clone with gta is just nothing in the driving sector.

I do think reflections should make some major improvements particularly on the physics engine. DPL's physics were awesome you could interactive with so many boxes and clutter, but there should be more, boxes all on top of each other and everything.

Remember reflections, something gta series doesn't no as well "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" build around this law and make sure when I crash into someones house that my car gets totally screwed and the house is all smatched in.

Well if this generation hardware cannot handle that, make sure next generations hardware can.

PennySillin
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I support realism to an extent, mainly physics, if it doesn't look right or feel right, I don't like it. Where I do like unrealistic physics is D3, watch videos on youtube and you'll see cars spinning and flying through the air, its so awesome.

Then watch DPL, its so lame. Cars barely have any spin in the air, and if they do, they immediately stop. If the damage reflected the forces stopping the spinning car, I wouldn;t mind so much, but I still want to see some high flying, twisting action every now and again.

When it comes to programming and modeling, I'm more of an idea guy. I wasted a lot of years sitting at home on my computer, and I'm tired of it. Obviously I still spend a lot of time on it now, but I'm not working on developing the skills to increase it any more. I don't even like being at home anymore because it gets me away from my computer and tv. On my days off I'd rather be at work. This was different during the summer though, the last part anyway.

driver_madness
12-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Calling for a 'Super Unrealistic Cheat'.

DriverKid
02-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I'd like to have all the awesome Driver cities (Miami, Rio, Chicago etc)but I'd also like to see a Canadian City. If you've played Half-Life, there's an awesome 3rd party mod, City 7 Toronto Conflict. It takes place in a very well done recreated Toronto. Back on topic I'd like a few major cities, like Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, and as a secret level (like Newcastle in D1) Dog River from Corner Gas. I'd also like to see the vehicles from Driverman2006's list, but different fire trucks and ambulances for the cities (to match the vehicles in real life).

Istanbul Ambulance: http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/990/50202690.JPG

Istanbul Fire Truck: http://www.fire-engine-photos.com/pictures/4430.jpg

Nice Police Car: http://picasaweb.google.com/JustEphraim/Voyager2007MayN...#5065656279875817938 (http://picasaweb.google.com/JustEphraim/Voyager2007MayNice/photo#5065656279875817938)

Nice Fire Truck: http://www.ubuyvacations.com/images2/AlpesMaritimesFireTruck.jpg

Nice Ambulance (well not really but something similar): http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Modena_ambulance.jpg

Miami Police car: http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1572204.jpg?v=1&c=ViewIm...E3845A5397277B4DC33E (http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1572204.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F10621D8B30FF029E384 5A5397277B4DC33E)

Miami Fire Truck (this is a cool one): http://www.1stresponder.com/Resources/Pictures/News/Web...ages/040907147-A.jpg (http://www.1stresponder.com/Resources/Pictures/News/Web/ArticleImages/040907147-A.jpg)

Miami Ambulance: http://www.jbdiecast.com/firstgear/Dade-LS.jpg

....and that's all im actually going to take the time to find (it actually took me a while)!

Oh and I think we need this too lol: http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/qf/c/MechanixIllust..._ambulance_radio.jpg (http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/qf/c/MechanixIllustrated/3-1948/med_ambulance_radio.jpg)

EDIT: Maybe this for Miami too: http://www.asap911.com/DSCN2624revised.jpg

kalle90
02-25-2008, 07:02 AM
I see no reason to make new Driv3r. It was worldwide dissapointment, but it was very decent game. People say Driver 2 was amazing, but I consider them pretty similiar. Great fun, but lots of drawbacks.

Then commenting your actual idea.
1. I see no reason to add new cities. I believe you are american because you keep wanting Chigago and Las Vegas. I see no reason for them, especially when there's so many other, unusued cities. Story itself worked great, and last showdown was last showdown. I agree with the idea of making Miami, Nice and Istanbul bigger and prettier, however.
2. Original mid music was ok, but I'd support using the soundtrack from original game as in-game soundtrack too. No point having song only in 5 second cut-scene, while they could be in game too. I don't remember anything else besides Phantom Planet's Big Brat, but I'd have enjoyed listening it in take a ride mode, besides all the other tracks of course. That would feel the old D3.
3. Everything else neutral to great.

Bottom line is... Just make new games and leave Driver 1,2 and 3 as they were.

DriverKid
02-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd actually rather anywhere besides the United States (or at least an unused place, like Oklahoma City), espically Canada because, well dammit im a Canadian! I've never played a non-modded game that was actually of quality that takes place in Canada. It's always somewhere flashy, or sometimes that doesn't get snow in the colder months (I know NYC gets snow, I'm not an idiot either).

FutureVenturer
02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Remakes often do not work out. It'd be a very risky task, and it would most likely bring back the same features, in which many tend to criticize Driv3r, so I'll say that this idea should not be put "in the books" of Reflections.