PDA

View Full Version : Transfer refused!

dasbloke
05-07-2005, 07:46 AM
At last! The trouble I've had getting in here!
Love this game but I got a slight prob. I'm dying to get the Type IX but if I ask for a transfer to
Lorient ( where I think they are based ), I'm
refused. I have a 12000 reknown, is that not enough or is it based on my last ( weak ) mission?

dasbloke
05-07-2005, 07:46 AM
At last! The trouble I've had getting in here!
Love this game but I got a slight prob. I'm dying to get the Type IX but if I ask for a transfer to
Lorient ( where I think they are based ), I'm
refused. I have a 12000 reknown, is that not enough or is it based on my last ( weak ) mission?

dasbloke
05-07-2005, 07:48 AM
...sorry, forgot to mention its early 1942.Cheers.

FDNYFAN
05-07-2005, 07:56 AM
If i remember it correctly Lorient isn't available until half of 1942.

Mingus
05-07-2005, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rafe1:
If i remember it correctly Lorient isn't available until half of 1942. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am in mid-41 and in Lorient... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

U-49
05-07-2005, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dasbloke:
I'm dying to get the Type IX but if I ask for a transfer to Lorient ( where I think they are based ), I'm refused. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not sure on the refused transfer scenario as I've never requested a transfer. My current career started in the Lorient (early 1940). Initially I was given an option of the VIIB, VIIC and IXB. I started with the VIIB as the VIIC was 3000 renown and the IXB was around 7,500 renown (I believe). I'm currently on my 5th patrol and happily in a IXB. I wasn't able to switch to this boat until I had enough renown at the end of the 3rd patrol. The IXB is a great boat, I really like it.

Good luck.

HeibgesU999
05-07-2005, 08:54 AM
How much time has passed in you campaign? How long have you been in current flotilla?

Desslock
05-07-2005, 09:07 AM
I get the "transfert refused" when i just have transferred already from one fleet and i try to come back to the same. did you already transfert once??'

dasbloke
05-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Looking at my log I see I have only done 2 patrols
from my current station ( St.Nazaire ). I was previously at Brest for 10 patrols and at
Willhelmshaven for 10.

Nubarus
05-07-2005, 11:00 AM
I started my career with the 2nd Flotilla in a VIIB and was finally able to swap it for a IXC after 8 patrols.

The Type IX has some advantages but also a number of serious issues that makes it harder to use.

It's a lot bigger so less manueverable, easier to spot and hit with depth charges and guns.
It's dive time of 37 seconds is also something you have to take into account.

The good things about it are the larger torpedo load it carries compared to the Type VII.
It has an excellent opperational range and with the engine upgrade it has a surface speed of 12 kts at 1/3 throttle, so you still have a good cruising speed and lot's of sea to search in before having to return home due to lack of fuel.

So all in all the Type IX is nice for it's torpedo load and range but you do have to be more careful when using it.
At least more careful then with the Type VII.

TheFastFreddie
05-07-2005, 12:57 PM
I believe you must complete 3 successful patrols or spend 6 months in your current assignment.