PDA

View Full Version : Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator

BSS_Goat
04-12-2004, 08:14 AM
My PC runs OK w/ stock campaigns but I get terrible stutter using Lowengrins, any hints/tips on tweaking?

BSS_Goat
04-12-2004, 08:14 AM
My PC runs OK w/ stock campaigns but I get terrible stutter using Lowengrins, any hints/tips on tweaking?

SeaFireLIV
04-12-2004, 08:24 AM
You should really post on Lowengrin`s site, or check up the readme that comes with it, but reduce the amount of ground vehicles and reduce the amount of squads (from 3 to 2 or 1) and numbers of aircraft in a squad (4 to 3) flying. Experiment.

BSS_Goat
04-12-2004, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
You should really post on Lowengrin`s site, or check up the readme that comes with it, but reduce the amount of ground vehicles and reduce the amount of squads (from 3 to 2 or 1) and numbers of aircraft in a squad (4 to 3) flying. Experiment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I tried reducing those thought maybe I was missing something .... I'll try Lowengrins site also.

tttiger
04-12-2004, 04:43 PM
You really have to cut down the number of objects because there are tons of 'em.

I fly the squadron density on moderate, 1 flight per squadron and only two planes per flight. As long as you have a two-ship, it's still realistic and fun.

Similarly, I cut down the density on columns and static objects. It still plays just fine with lower settings.

It also helps to reduce the mission range. The generator only places objects within that radius, so if you cut it from 100 km to 50 km you are cutting the number of objects significantly.

As with tweaking anything, make only one adjustment at a time and see what it does. If you adjust several things all at once, you won't know what helped and what didn't.

Much of DCG is trial and error and finding workarounds for bugs. But it's worth it, the campaigns are really good.

And, yes, you should go to the DCG web site and post. Paul is very good about answering questions quickly.

ttt

"I want the one that kills the best with the least amount of risk to me"

-- Chuck Yeager describing "The Best Airplane."

BSS_Goat
04-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks ttttiger just one more question.... who the hell has a comp that will play at full density?

BSS_Goat
04-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks ttttiger just one more question.... who the hell has a comp that will play at full density?

Tailspin2
04-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Uncheck the delay start times options. I get bad stutter from aircraft spawning in the midde of a mission since I have gotten AEP. DCG has lots of objects.

Use the density settings and action radius to get better framerates. Check Lowengrin.com to find out what most options do.

I don't know anyone that can run everything at full density for all 3 settings. If you use the lower settings, you actually get a nice randomness of objects appearing. Eg. Set the stationary density to "heavy" for a 50/50 chance for each stationary object to appear. So one mission you may see 4 planes at an airfield, the next day's mission you may see 3 three. I use it to represent an operation airfield.

For my DCG add-ons, there is no way to run at full stationary density. I add about 1000 to 1500 ground objects alone to simulate activity across most of the map.

Try to leave the columns to full density if you can. You can have invisible armor or supply units traveling across the map. Adjust max flights/squadron, squadron and stationary density and action radius.

On my 1.2 Ghz machine running my maps, I get between 15 fps to 40/45 fps from runway to the air. That is at medium graphic settings at 1024 res. The guys that host my maps get 25 to 45 with their high end PC and higher resolutions and graphics settings.

Tailspin's Tales
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Tailspin/index.htm