PDA

View Full Version : Are We Actually Being Listened to? Question for Mr_Shade and/or Black_Widow9

Turkiye96
06-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey Everyone

I have a question for Mr_Shade and/or Black_Widow9
Do these forums get checked and actually used for feedback to improve the next game or are those only limited to the polls you start?

Thank You http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Turkiye96
06-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey Everyone

I have a question for Mr_Shade and/or Black_Widow9
Do these forums get checked and actually used for feedback to improve the next game or are those only limited to the polls you start?

Thank You http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SupremeCaptain
06-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Well I didn't see an armour removal in AC:B sooo...

GunnarGunderson
06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
Well I didn't see an armour removal in AC:B sooo... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> and the enemies still wait in line to be slaughtered in the revelations demo sooo...

Blind2Society
06-11-2011, 04:14 PM
The last few parts of ACB(story and dialogue) seem to have been written by a ten year old sooo...

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
The last few parts of ACB(story and dialogue) seem to have been written by a ten year old sooo... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The writter of AcB got a reward of Best Game Writter of 2010....

Just LOL

lukaszep
06-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I know, that 10 year old is clever!
Seriously i thought the ending was good..

masterfenix2009
06-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Why are we ending everything with commas and sooo.....

phil.llllll
06-11-2011, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Just LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's sad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

That's sad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really... i don't know if both 3 games were written by the same guy but if they were i think the guy is getting worst each release (maybe too much presure?)...

I'm replaying Ac1 again and i'm enjoying it too much... I don't remember have fun on a combat of Ac1 for a suitable amount of time.

Also, have any1 ever killed anyway with hidden blade while with the sword/shortBlade out? (it's imposible in ac2/b -.-)

CRUDFACE
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

That's sad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really... i don't know if both 3 games were written by the same guy but if they were i think the guy is getting worst each release (maybe too much presure?)...

I'm replaying Ac1 again and i'm enjoying it too much... I don't remember have fun on a combat of Ac1 for a suitable amount of time.

Also, have any1 ever killed anyway with hidden blade while with the sword/shortBlade out? (it's imposible in ac2/b -.-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't it corey may, or are you guys talking more about the dialogue? anyways, I just played AC1 about a month ago, and will probably do it again because I actually got a challenge.

But no Turkiye96, they probably don't. Wait, no, they read them and ignore us. but they will block forums and such...so yeah.

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Also, have any1 ever killed anyway with hidden blade while with the sword/shortBlade out? (it's imposible in ac2/b -.-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't it corey may, or are you guys talking more about the dialogue? anyways, I just played AC1 about a month ago, and will probably do it again because I actually got a challenge.

But no Turkiye96, they probably don't. Wait, no, they read them and ignore us. but they will block forums and such...so yeah. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, i don't really think they pay attention to our suggestion.... they are more likely in the forum searching for fanboys saying that the game should have more action because it's what the reviews says -.-''

Could u answer to my last question in my last post? xD

Chamboozer
06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm sure they look at the forums and take suggestions. But really, look at the E3 gameplay - by this late in development chances are that not much can be feasably changed by even the best of constructive criticism.

CRUDFACE
06-11-2011, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chamboozer:
I'm sure they look at the forums and take suggestions. But really, look at the E3 gameplay - by this late in development chances are that not much can be feasably changed by even the best of constructive criticism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've been giving this criticism ever since AC2. I think it's more of them pretending to.

Conniving_Eagle
06-11-2011, 07:47 PM
@Daniel, pretty good. I could tell you are a foreigner like me, because you have some grammatical errors but you're a pretty intelligent poster. I guess the difference is that I have been living in America for a while.

RzaRecta357
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Honestly guys. Quit bagging on it. WTF was wrong with the story in brotherhood? He deserved that award.

First off, that story is meant to be directly stuck to the already super long story most people on this forum LOVE.

I mean, if AC2 was a book. Brotherhood would of been like the final 3 chapters of the book. Quit bagging on buddies writing because they decided to take his final two pages of one story and make a whole new game out of it.

I thought it was awesome. Especially the twist.

Anyway, Shade..If you can do one thing.

Tell em to release ALL the DLC outfits and what not on the store one day. I really want that turkish assassin outfit and doctor for online but I also really want the single player missions and the jester for the heck of it.

I remember in AC2 there was a preorder outfit that was black and red and it was never released as a single DLC. I really wanted it too.

k20ml
06-11-2011, 10:28 PM
If mods actually read our posts then I don't have to worry about disappointments. Although Chamboozer is so right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...by this late in development chances are that not much can be feasably changed by even the best of constructive criticism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't want to sound cocky but, if you have read ConnivingEagles thread, ACR gameplay improvement compilation 6/11, i posted so much in there that would serve the interest of both kids of players. The stealthy one and the open-conflict-prone one.

Blind2Society
06-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Brotherhood very much. However, once you retrieved the apple as Ezio, up until you arrive in Vianna... I'm at a loss for words to describe my disappointment. Vittoria agli assassini. C'mon, seriously? I felt like I was playing a Disney cartoon for a second.

Even leading up to that seemed rushed and severely lacking in any creativity whatsoever.
-Go to one guild.
-Let's go kill some gaurds
-Go to another guild
-Let's go kill some guards
-Ok everyone let's go get Cesare
-Vittoria agli assassini!
-Cesare gets arrested
The whole time all you get to use is the apple, which, imo is rubbish.

Other than that I rather enjoyed Brotherhood, even if it did feel a bit like some really long DLC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Account_Deleted
06-12-2011, 01:23 AM
believe or not Shade and black widow do check these forums, from time to time they'll pass on stuff to the developers by mainly they're here to control the forum(s)

crash3
06-12-2011, 05:36 AM
its funny i was just thinking of making a thread like this, your so right Turkiye9, after seeing the E3 demo i didnt think that much had been improved which was diappointing especially after all those threads made regarding improvments to combat and stealth

the only thing that seemedto be an improvement in the E3 demo were the graphics which really is a given every time a new game is released

i actually read a review on google news regarding the E3 demo saying that if we are happy with more of the same mechanics then we will like ACR which is very worrying

iN3krO
06-12-2011, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
its funny i was just thinking of making a thread like this, your so right Turkiye9, after seeing the E3 demo i didnt think that much had been improved which was diappointing especially after all those threads made regarding improvments to combat and stealth

the only thing that seemedto be an improvement in the E3 demo were the graphics which really is a given every time a new game is released

i actually read a review on google news regarding the E3 demo saying that if we are happy with more of the same mechanics then we will like ACR which is very worrying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i want more of the already created features but only if they are balanced to get nice, hard and realistic...

PhiIs1618033
06-12-2011, 06:46 AM
I believe they get most of their feedback from polls conducted not on the forums. I remember a questionnaire a few months back in which it was asked if we'd like an expansion of eagle vision and more of those things.
Sadly, nothing about the other aspects of the game that are discussed on the forums a lot.

glenneey
06-12-2011, 07:51 AM
I don't think ubi even checks out the forums..

DavisP92
06-12-2011, 09:12 AM
according to them they say they do, and idk if some guy and i were talking about hooks and what not and now itís in ACR. granted they were probably already doing that, but i think they listen more to critics and thatís how AC changed for a game about an assassin to a game about a unstoppable killing machine with only 1% (or less) chance of dying.

dxsxhxcx
06-12-2011, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
and thatís how AC changed for a game about an assassin to a game about a unstoppable killing machine with only 1% (or less) chance of dying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the guards are just a distraction, our real enemies are the buildings and gravity... :P

DavisP92
06-12-2011, 09:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
and thatís how AC changed for a game about an assassin to a game about a unstoppable killing machine with only 1% (or less) chance of dying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the guards are just a distraction, our real enemies are the buildings and gravity... :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha thatís were the percent came from, but then they added parachutes

PhiIs1618033
06-12-2011, 11:29 AM
And spidey-climb. I have no clue as to how Ezio can do that stuff. Not even Dan Osman can climb that fast.

glenneey
06-12-2011, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
And spidey-climb. I have no clue as to how Ezio can do that stuff. Not even Dan Osman can climb that fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He is the master assassin.
(spectacular background music)

KZarr
06-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Is this thread really necessarily?
It obvious that Ubi is listening to the fans by the fact that we have multiple devs browsing these forums and responding to questions.

They can't please everyone and it gives me a headache just to think about collecting feedback from these forums but it's pretty obvious that Ubisoft is giving this game more support than any other game: livebythecreed, Lineage, YouTube responses and much more.

Black_Widow9
06-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Hello,
Next time you have a question for us please send it in a PM and don't create a Topic on the Forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif To answer your question, yes the Forums are checked on a regular basis. Every day in fact. We are constantly involved in reporting back community feedback and suggestions for all of our titles.
Everything you suggest will not be implemented however because that is virtually impossible. If an idea or suggestion fits into the game then it is more likely to be taken in.
Requests from the community have been listened to in the past. For example greater variety and less redundancy in side missions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

GunnarGunderson
06-12-2011, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Hello,
Next time you have a question for us please send it in a PM and don't create a Topic on the Forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif To answer your question, yes the Forums are checked on a regular basis. Every day in fact. We are constantly involved in reporting back community feedback and suggestions for all of our titles.
Everything you suggest will not be implemented however because that is virtually impossible. If an idea or suggestion fits into the game then it is more likely to be taken in.
Requests from the community have been listened to in the past. For example greater variety and less redundancy in side missions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's great, but how about some difficulty and non-linearity

iN3krO
06-12-2011, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Hello,
Requests from the community have been listened to in the past. For example greater variety and less redundancy in side missions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So could you tell me why ppl is saying that some changes from Ac1 to Ac2 was bad and ubisoft kept them at AcB and seems to continue in AcR? -.-''

Ubisoft is more occupied doing what reviewers want than doing what their real fans want...

Ubisoft promised a new generation of gaming, i got it in the first installement but than the reviewers made ubisoft make stupid unnecesary and umbalanced changes...

It stoping being an Assassin's Game and became an Acion's Game -.-''

lukaszep
06-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Hello,

So could you tell me why ppl is saying that some changes from Ac1 to Ac2 was bad and ubisoft kept them at AcB and seems to continue in AcR? -.-''

Ubisoft is more occupied doing what reviewers want than doing what their real fans want...

Ubisoft promised a new generation of gaming, i got it in the first installement but than the reviewers made ubisoft make stupid unnecesary and umbalanced changes...

It stoping being an Assassin's Game and became an Acion's Game -.-'' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I nearly always agree with you about everything you say, but i wouldn't say that the changes were bad, but they were different, and in some cases too different from AC1. It's easy to be critical when we should be constructive.

BK-110
06-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Hello,

Well, I sure hope they're listening to this one:

Please add the ability to remove armor and select which weapon types you want to have with you! It's been asked for since AC2...

iN3krO
06-13-2011, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
Hello,

It stoping being an Assassin's Game and became an Acion's Game -.-'' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I nearly always agree with you about everything you say, but i wouldn't say that the changes were bad, but they were different, and in some cases too different from AC1. It's easy to be critical when we should be constructive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad changes from Ac1 to AcB:

- Remove of all investigations (i don't want they to come back as in ac1 but some investigations wouldn't be bad for the game)
- Hidden blade as meele weapon. It was, for me, the worst thing ubisoft did. Removed the posibility to kill guards tauting you or not paying attention with 1 hit while in middle of a combat (some times i'm with short blade at ac1 and i see a guard coughing, i just select hidden blade and assassinate him before he stops coughing). It also made the combat less realistic. First, you can now kill 4 guards before you start use it as a meele weapon (before in max you could kill 2 guards before you start failling the assassinations). Second, a weapon like the hidden blade would break (or you would damage hardly your arm) if it strikes a sword (which happens when you play offensivly with hidden blade at ac2, i don't know in acB cuz i didn't use it for combat :P).
- Guards AI. Well, since the guards AI while chasing you got better, the guards AI while combating you became completly numb... like, if before combat AI was 8/10 and chasing AI was 6/10, in ac2 combat AI was 1/10 and chasing AI 8/10 (guards should not go exatly to the place ur hidding, they should search first at nearest places....)

Also, the bomb was a "good" addiction... i use those " " cuz i don't really like them, but i understand who like them.... BUT, ubisoft can't say they are to being stealthy.. maybe to run away from a chase yes, but for being stealthy, NEVER!

Do you really think there are no bad changes at all?...

Also, thank you for saying that you often agrees with you... at february of 2011 i had lost the faith in this community but now, the ppl who thinks like me are revealing (revelations ^^.)

I really hope ubisofts thinks seriously about altair's missions gameplay (combat, AI, scripted missions, etc, etc...) cuz i doubt i will buy Ac3 if they make it (altair's missions gameplay) as Ac2/B (don't say it's bad, i just think that the game-type of Ac2/B was already seen in too much games b4 and that the game-type of Ac1 was really original and really brought me the feeling of a new generation of gaming).

Black_Widow9
06-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Please continue to post your Feedback in the appropriate Topics so your voice is heard. I am going to close this now that your question has been answered. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif