PDA

View Full Version : All USN planes pull to one side when firing guns

Tater-SW-
02-24-2006, 12:13 AM
All USN planes pull to one side when firing guns. The USAAF planes do not. I only tested planes with exclusively wing mounted 50 cals.

The USAAF planes jump around a tiny amount, but all the USN planes consistantly pull to one side every single trigger pull. The same side every time, I thought I had 1 of six guns jammed due to damage, but it happens all the time.

tater

Tater-SW-
02-24-2006, 12:13 AM
All USN planes pull to one side when firing guns. The USAAF planes do not. I only tested planes with exclusively wing mounted 50 cals.

The USAAF planes jump around a tiny amount, but all the USN planes consistantly pull to one side every single trigger pull. The same side every time, I thought I had 1 of six guns jammed due to damage, but it happens all the time.

tater

ECV56_Rolf
02-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Not all USN planes do it. I can't repeat this with the hellcat, both types. Corsairs appear to be OK, but I didn't tested enough.

On F4F, and F4U it is present.

rnzoli
02-24-2006, 10:54 AM
In 4.03m I found something similar and I had to trim the rudder significantly to the opposite side, to stop this yawing.

I was surprised because I thought the recoil should be no problem when the plane is trimmed accurately. Interestingly it had to be out of trim. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Tater-SW-
02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
F6F dos it for me, but a lot less. Subtle enough I could be wrong. F4F and F4U are absolutely as bad as 1 gun out. Every time, same direction. It's BROKEN.

Why a bug report got moved from ORR, I have no idea.

tater