PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3.5 and Beyond?



davo1270
06-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Since AC3 is most likely going to come out November 2012, is that going to be the last game in the Assassins Creed franchise? Might they make more Assassins Creed games like ACB or ACR (even tho I do not see how when Desmonds journey ends in 2012)?

What are your thoughts?

davo1270
06-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Since AC3 is most likely going to come out November 2012, is that going to be the last game in the Assassins Creed franchise? Might they make more Assassins Creed games like ACB or ACR (even tho I do not see how when Desmonds journey ends in 2012)?

What are your thoughts?

Eric_490
06-18-2011, 08:27 PM
It would be easy for them to continue the storyline. Because when the world doesnt end in 2012 all the idiots are going to come up with some new date.

"OH UH WE MISCALCULATED! ITS ACTUALLY....UHH...2015! YAH!"

Then they could just bounce off that hahaha.
But yah they can keep going, having them stop the world from ending in 2012 but the Templars are still alive and well and keep fighting.

I can see it happening, maybe the world doesnt end and there is mass panic or something.

"Assassins Creed: Revolution"

lol I dont care what they come up with but anything they do think of, im sure, will be good. Its like they said, they could make 35 of these things, their imaginations know no bounds!

iN3krO
06-18-2011, 08:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric_490:
lol I dont care what they come up with but anything they do think of, im sure, will be good. Its like they said, they could make 35 of these things, their imaginations know no bounds! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, remember what ubisoft said:

If we have nothing to add, it's simple, we won't ship.

Without gameplay elements to add after 30 games they won't release the 31th :X

Eric_490
06-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Yep but like I said, they have great imaginations! haha. And Theres so much that can be done with the franchise, I think it will be around for quite a while.

Calvarok
06-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Who says that AC3.5 has to be about the Satellite launch, still? I'd bet that the launch will happen (or be stopped) maybe even halfway through AC3. The whole game will be a much bigger story than that one plot thread. They've been building up to this, they're not going to go out with tunnel vision.

kosmoscreed
06-19-2011, 01:19 AM
I like the way Ubisoft handled the games with Ezio, so as long as they keep doing good games, I will love to play AC3 and two non numbered games to expand the story of the new assassin, but I want AC3 to be awesome and powered by the next gen, If they release AC3 next year, probably It will feel like an expancion pack of Revelations, despite new story an other new stuff.

I think 4 main games for this gen it's enough, but Ubisoft said along time ago that they want to release one AC title per year, so who knows what will happen in november 2012, maybe the end of the world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Rakudaton
06-19-2011, 02:47 AM
There's so much more they could do. What I'd like it is if they took a break from having a big over-arching storyline having finished Desmond's, and just focussed on single-shot self-contained games. There's so much they can do with the assassin concept.

Captain Tomatoz
06-19-2011, 05:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
I like the way Ubisoft handled the games with Ezio, so as long as they keep doing good games, I will love to play AC3 and two non numbered games to expand the story of the new assassin, but I want AC3 to be awesome and powered by the next gen, If they release AC3 next year, probably It will feel like an expancion pack of Revelations, despite new story an other new stuff.

I think 4 main games for this gen it's enough, but Ubisoft said along time ago that they want to release one AC title per year, so who knows what will happen in november 2012, maybe the end of the world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have to release AC3 next year because that's when the Abstergo satellite launch is.

davo1270
06-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Who knows, they might even focus on a new subject after Desmond

Subject 18 cold reflect on brand new assassins from diffrent regions of the world

If they do that, they might have to change the name of the franchise a bit because Assassins
Creed revolves around Desmond and his ancestors

Dan.Swainston96
08-11-2011, 07:19 AM
I think it would be awesome if one of the story revelations in the next game is that Desmond actually died in 2012 and there is someone in the future reliving Desmond going into the animus. Ubisoft could use an idea like this to keep the story going after the end of the world marker. But like people have already said they will probably come up with a brilliant story twist to keep the franchise going http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rc732
08-11-2011, 10:12 AM
In AC3, They could "delay" (not totally stop it) the Satellite launch and the Templars would have to rebound in 2013 or 2014

naran6142
08-11-2011, 10:43 AM
they dont have to stop the satellite launch in the next game even if it is 2012 cuz its been 2012 in the game the whole time. i think the plan was to end the series like that but i would be surprised if AC3 doesn't get to the time of the launch.

the modern day story takes a long time to progress.
ACR probably wont have that much and think it wouldnt make sense to pack a huge amount of modern day stuff into AC3

so we'll probably see another internal story line, like ezio's, in AC3 to setup a larger section of modern day stuff in the final game

LightRey
08-11-2011, 11:00 AM
They could do a lot of stuff. The Templars probably won't be defeated (completely) in AC3.

Stowdace
08-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I know the Templar launch is an important plot point, yes. But what about the solar flare and hunt for Vaults for shelter?

naran6142
08-11-2011, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stowdace:
I know the Templar launch is an important plot point, yes. But what about the solar flare and hunt for Vaults? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O yeah...forgot about the temple that means AC3 definitively won't be the end. unless they make the temples secret locations. There are 6 right, and normally there are 6 locations. though i would hate to see that it would make them seem less important (at least to me)

LightRey
08-11-2011, 11:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stowdace:
I know the Templar launch is an important plot point, yes. But what about the solar flare and hunt for Vaults for shelter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It might be that those events have more to do with each other than we think. TWCB seem to have planned out some stuff quite well.

grevemoeskr
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
My guess is that AC3 ends right before the launch. I know that that means that 2 games spans 3 months and the first 2 games spans 3 weeks, but it would makes a lot of sense that the 2012 game has some sort of 2012 phenomenon. In that process Desmond dies. That opens for a new main character, probably a new Assassin that fled quite young, just like Desmond. Then after some games probably 4 or 5, the solar flare starts.

After that I think the series will get stale, and the series will stop. Not that I think Ubi will let i get stale and kill the cash cow that Assassin's Creed is, but every thing get boring after a certain time, and 8-9 years in a row with AC will get to much.

Of course I could be wrong and AC will continue for 100 years, but I don't think so

LightRey
08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grevemoeskr:
My guess is that AC3 ends right before the launch. I know that that means that 2 games spans 3 months and the first 2 games spans 3 weeks, but it would makes a lot of sense that the 2012 game has some sort of 2012 phenomenon. In that process Desmond dies. That opens for a new main character, probably a new Assassin that fled quite young, just like Desmond. Then after some games probably 4 or 5, the solar flare starts.

After that I think the series will get stale, and the series will stop. Not that I think Ubi will let i get stale and kill the cash cow that Assassin's Creed is, but every thing get boring after a certain time, and 8-9 years in a row with AC will get to much.

Of course I could be wrong and AC will continue for 100 years, but I don't think so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Didn't Minerva say Desmond was the one who needed to save the world or something? Not some new character.

Mr_Shade
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Please post in the ongoing thread...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)


That is what it is there for after all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif