PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the update, Rickas.

KI.Canyon
06-25-2007, 10:15 AM
As Un-Deux said there was more to come! Here it is: (please remember that this list (and the one above) is a work in progress)

Approximative release date : mid-July.

Features:

* Update - Ping values are now displayed in milliseconds.
* Update - Chat text now fades after a few seconds
* New - Added widescreen support for the game
* New - Assassination and Conquest game modes added
* New - You can now customize your name in LAN games.

Bugs fixed:

* Fixed an issue with weapons firing on their own after a respawn
* Fixed a bug that prevented ammo and gadgets from being refilled under certain circonstances
* Fixed a bug that prevented the console from being used on dedicated servers
* Fixed a bug where text would remain present after one game in the chat box.
* Fixed a bug that made servers unavailable after being up for a certain amount of time
* Fixed a bug with clients being stuck in the lobby window while playing
* Fixed a bug that incorrectly displayed the wrong map in the server browser.

Sounds like a good list, and could help in making multiplayer that much more viable for those of us who wish to ladder it.

(I'd really like to stress the importance of password protecting servers, on that note!)

All in all, thanks for the update.

KI.Canyon
06-25-2007, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As Un-Deux said there was more to come! Here it is: (please remember that this list (and the one above) is a work in progress)

Features:

Bugs fixed:

* Fixed a bug that prevented ammo and gadgets from being refilled under certain circonstances
* Fixed a bug that made servers unavailable after being up for a certain amount of time
* Fixed a bug that incorrectly displayed the wrong map in the server browser. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a good list, and could help in making multiplayer that much more viable for those of us who wish to ladder it.

(I'd really like to stress the importance of password protecting servers, on that note!)

All in all, thanks for the update.

SteveLord8
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Finally...some ACTUAL COMMON bugs that have been supposedly addressed.

If those all go well and most of the crashing is taken care of...it would really make a huge difference.

But I'll believe when its finished.

Ubi_Rickas
06-25-2007, 10:33 AM
No problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KI.Maximus
06-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Rickas, i see we get the new game modes from the Red Pack edition on the 360 (and retail release of PS3)

any idea/chance that we get the new maps that came with those?

wal-martsec
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
The question of the day is will there be Admin Controls??????

SCE_Sobek
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
thank you rickas and un-deux.

I think the community is always a little bit more satisfied to hear any news than no news at all. So as we get closer to the patch, just make your presence felt even if its just to say hi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

***Oh yeah and Canyon was right! if admin rights are inposible, then being able to password protect a server is a must. There is still a couple of clans holding matches, scrims, and practices that would love this feature!

BOTA-16
06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Due out around the same time GRAW 2 PC comes out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Again thanks for the update Rickas.

Static_Reaper
06-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Yay an update http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

TH0verkill
06-25-2007, 12:13 PM
nice list of fixes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I wish they would tweak the run speed to, I really don't want a śrun & gun' game, but I feel like a 90 year old with a Zimmer Frame when I'm running from the bullets flying past. GRAW 2's speed seems just right, and you can't fire your weapon when running, that's really good.

When people play Vegas for the first time they always ask "How do I run?", when they are already running http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif.

unpredictabl3
06-25-2007, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Finally...some ACTUAL COMMON bugs that have been supposedly addressed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice to know they are JUST starting now. Wow 7 months. I wonder why such the overly long wait for pc platform? I'm not jumping on any bandwagon till my download manager starts downloading something. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Charger457
06-28-2007, 10:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* Fixed a bug with clients being stuck in the lobby window while playing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless the patch hasn't come out yet this isn't fixed. I had this problem last night in game. Terrorist Mode On-Line.

SCE_BltzPenguin
06-28-2007, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charger457:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* Fixed a bug with clients being stuck in the lobby window while playing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless the patch hasn't come out yet this isn't fixed. I had this problem last night in game. Terrorist Mode On-Line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is info for a pretend patch that has not come to reality yet.

dyltron3030
06-28-2007, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KI.Canyon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As Un-Deux said there was more to come! Here it is: (please remember that this list (and the one above) is a work in progress)

Features:

Bugs fixed:

* Fixed a bug that incorrectly displayed the wrong map in the server browser. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All in all, thanks for the update. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this mean you're not getting a refund on your copy of Vegas anymore? And, do you play still? I still wreck nubs almost daily on SCE, so lets play. xfire = rockwell

KI.Rockwell