PDA

View Full Version : US or Euro version ?

Mylo42
04-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Is SHIII bought in Canada the US or Euro version. I bought the game called Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin a few years ago. It was the European version. I was wondering if the same applies for SHIII ?

Frederf220
04-15-2005, 05:33 PM
There is a US and a RestofWorld version for each DVD and Download, making four versions.

I'd recommend either the US download or the US DVD version as the EUMA has cencored swashtikas for legal reasons. The DVD version has starforce protection which many find annoying, offensive; while the download version only allows you to install it 7 times (barring some email pleading with Direct2Drive probably).

Mylo42
04-15-2005, 05:40 PM
I guess I'm in the "rest of world" category here in Canada.

I installed the U.S. DVD patch...I wonder if it buggered anything up ?

Lovo_Kasistan
04-15-2005, 05:45 PM
The patch checks the version you have, you couldn't have installed the patch if it would have been the wrong one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Frederf220
04-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh, when I read your post I thought you were asking which to buy. I didn't know you already had it.

Twelvefield
04-16-2005, 02:10 AM
I bought my SHIII from Electronics Boutique in Sunridge Mall, Calgary, Alberta. I patched using the US version. I have very few games that would call themselves the European version (Worms World Party, maybe), but it's a good question.