PDA

View Full Version : we all want a 180º view without using 3 monitors but this 3d model doenst allow it

raaaid
04-24-2005, 05:44 AM
it is because the view we have in the game is a conic perspective on a plane which brings troubles in wide view like if you look to the rudder peddals and pan sidewards you will notice one pedal growing an the other shrinking so in a 180º view the troubles would be much bigger

instead the human eye sees reality as a conic perspective in a sphere

escher in his house of stairs would represent 360º view by making a conic perspective on a sphere and then would transform the sphere in a plane, the inconvenient is that straight lines appear curved

if i have to choose between game wide view or escher wide view i prefer eschers becaues is not only closer to the way we see but also allow a much wider view

fherathras
04-24-2005, 05:56 AM
good for you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

madsarmy
04-24-2005, 08:47 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Te_Vigo
04-24-2005, 08:28 PM
good for you....
but try not to speak for all of us

441Spyder
04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
They say that the world look's different through rose coloured glasses,it's really a shame that you seem to own the only pair that work.

Wolf-Strike
04-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey Raaaid,Im with ya manhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifYou got a point and I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago.

If you pan around in the cockpit you do get distorted views and I was hoping that maybe BOB will use a different view in cockpit to get rid of the fish eye lens look.

JunkoIfurita
04-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Nutty poster aside, bear in mind that the majority of the cockpits in this game were modelled way back in 2001/2. True 3D cockpits were rare then, simply because the Polygon count required blew through the roof, making them unplayable on the hardware of the time.

The advantage of having a fixed location and limited field of view was that the modellers could effectively delete all the faces not immediately in view, reducing the poly count. This means you have a nice, realistic looking cockpt rather than a cockpit that looks like it's made from lego bricks, but where you can move around in full 6DOF.

The cockpits for CFS3 and FS2004 were made much later, for a much higher hardware requirement. Thus your field of view isn't so limited (I hear, don't own these games), and there is full 6-Directions-of-Freedom for TrackIR owners.

Don't worry Raiiid, if you stick with us until BoB and it's future variants are released, you'll see a much more realistic field of view, and the cockpits will be much more detailed. That's because they're being modelled NOW on 2005/2006 hardware.

----

actionhank1786
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
If you cover your monitor with a black trash bag, i've found that your view is severely restricted

Jumoschwanz
04-28-2005, 08:55 AM
I like things just the way they are now. S!

Jumoschwanz

VF51_Flatspin
04-28-2005, 09:41 AM
This is why I've just put in my order for the SVT E-1 Monitor from Surreal Visual Technologies. Each frame is painstakingly hand drawn to give it the proper perspective and realism.

Wolf-Strike
04-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Ok,all joking aside,will BOB have all the views drawn so we wont have the fish eye lens look??

I fully understand if we cant at this time,just wondering here.

Covino
04-28-2005, 01:29 PM
IL-2 doesn't have the fish eye lens problems. In fact, I think the method Raid mentioned would introduce a fish eye lens effect. Novel idea but I like straight lines to appear straight...