PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you

Brutal67
01-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I wanted to post a big thank you for all the people at 1C: Maddox Games for all the hard work that you have done and continue to do for us. You have made an exellent flight sim with numerous challenges for us all to experience. I began flying this sim with much of the realism off but as my skills have increased I found greater and greater challenges by bringing more of the realism back into the game. The views I enjoy as I fly are enormous and with the mission builder I have found great enjoyment and challenges as well. So like I said before thanks for all that you have done and continue to do for us all.

AWL_Spinner
01-24-2005, 01:19 PM
One of these comes up every week and every week it's a pleasure to see on this whinefest of a forum. Agree totally.

"100 days...blah blah". Having more fun with this product at the moment than I ever have, right back to the IL2 days.

boxduty
01-24-2005, 02:07 PM
I've got to agree. This sim is just a pleasure to have. I can't think of anything negative to say about it (although there do seem to be a lot of hints on the forum nowadays...)

Krt_Bong
01-26-2005, 09:38 AM
I also posted a similar thread <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Mood of the topic. posted Thu January 20 2005 21:33
I have come to the forums from time to time to see what is going on with the game(s) that I play, to find info that is being shared and fixes for problems that I might have encountered. I have seen countless threads on dissapointments, wants, dislikes, and many too countless and inane to address. I haven't yet seen one (though I may be wrong there's like 150 pages) that says thanks for spending the time that has obviously gone into the development of this or any other game. Plenty of complaints but very few accolades.
It must be really dissapointing for the guys/gals who have worked the long hours, made the sacrifices(to the pursuit of their own enjoyments) to work on this and other projects just to get flamed in the forums by the consumers of software. I couldn't do it, I'd tell 'em F.O. it's not worth it. But yet they go on to the detriment of health and happiness, just to get the product out, to fix that minor flaw, to add object lights simply because I said hey can we get some lights? You know the ones that are on the Navigation lights that the planes use? Well I got a Big Fat Thank You for you guys for your hard work, for missing out 'cos you had a deadline, For the headaches from the eyestrain, Thank you for the object lights that as far as I know I was the only one to suggest, Thank You for the interior of the B-25 which took me back to the day when Dave Allen took my father and I up in his Mitchell out of Dolphin Aviation in Sarasota, Fla. when I was 13. I really enjoy this Sim and please Mr Moderator if anyone adds a single B**ch to this Thread remove it so that anyone else who wants to say thank you can send a little Patch to the ego's of the developers, testers and Oleg himself if they want to. Thank You Guys! RAF238th_Bong www.Warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.Warbirdsofprey.org) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm happy to see it again brought up here so that no-one forgets that it took someone a lot of hours to get this game where it is and hopefully to place it higher in the future with the many more hours sure to be logged in it

Tallyho1961
01-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I must wholeheartedly agree. More fun than you can shake a stick at and very easy on the eyes. Less so on the pocketbook, but that's another story.

Punkfriday
01-26-2005, 04:15 PM
ditto-

wehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif 1c:maddox&co
in the only way a fan could http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif a software development company http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Old_Canuck
01-26-2005, 08:48 PM
I enjoyed FB and AEP so much it felt right to hunt down a copy of the original IL2 Sturmovik and experience some the history you hear the old timers talk about on this forum. Happy to have the whole set now up to Pacific Fighters and looking forward to BoB.

Someone quoted Oleg as saying that we're all beta testers. That's fine with me. I don't mind waiting for improvements while we test because the improvements have always arrived and the wait only seemed like two weeks every time.

han freak solo
01-26-2005, 09:11 PM
"I enjoyed FB and AEP so much it felt right to hunt down a copy of the original IL2 Sturmovik and experience some the history you hear the old timers talk about on this forum. Happy to have the whole set now up to Pacific Fighters and looking forward to BoB."

Absolutely! I loaned my IL2 to a friend who only plays FPS games. I didn't sway him, and it took weeks of b*tchin' to get my precious IL2 back. Gotta have 'em all!!

vonPletz
01-26-2005, 11:48 PM
I have them all, right from the beginning.
Even now they are all installed, IL2 through to PF (stand alone and merged)

Best flight sims ever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Waiting quietly for the upgrade or patch, whatever you want to call it.

pettera
01-27-2005, 02:37 AM
The original IL2 was in a nice box. I bought it by coincidence because it was the only flightsim in the shop and a friend said I should try a prop sim rather than a jet sim. I was blown away right away. Actually made me read Antony Beevors book on Stalingrad which was a real eye-opener.

So again: thank you Oleg for making such a beautiful sim in such interesting and varied locations.

Petter