PDA

View Full Version : Saitek x52 with racing pedals

jeffchele
03-21-2007, 04:21 PM
I just received a Saitek x52 and was wondering how you use a MS sidewinder pedals with it. In Il2 I can only have one controller. When i have the racing wheels and the X52 hooked up the gmae only recognizes the racing wheel everytime. How do i get it to recognize or use both, i figured out how to get rid of twist on X52 but not add the pedals.

jeffchele
03-21-2007, 04:21 PM
I just received a Saitek x52 and was wondering how you use a MS sidewinder pedals with it. In Il2 I can only have one controller. When i have the racing wheels and the X52 hooked up the gmae only recognizes the racing wheel everytime. How do i get it to recognize or use both, i figured out how to get rid of twist on X52 but not add the pedals.

gkll
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Your Windows game controller menu sees both the stick and the pedals?

If so then Il2 will as well. It is a matter of going to the HOTAS controls in the control menu and clicking the line by rudder with your mouse, then kick the pedal and it should show up as whatever controller Windows detects when you push the pedal.

If windows doesn't see the second controller that is a different issue.

If the stick is 'controller 2' you can still set all the controls to this controller the same way as you set the pedals, go to the line in the control menu and click or push the joystick button axis etc you want for this line.

jeffchele
03-21-2007, 04:51 PM
I can't have both controllers on at the same time in IL2 though. When I go to the setup for hardware and have the little box for testing the settings i only move the rudder up and down just like in the setup in Windows control panel. I can't use the X52 in IL2 with the racing wheel and pedals hooked up at the same time.

Manu-6S
03-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Dont care about the input box on setup menu: The calibration must be made OUT of Il2 application, you must calibrate your controllers by windows control panel.

Then go on controls menu of the game, go to the latest controls, click on the rudder control and press a pedal (the pedal must be combined = one single axis). is ingame the axis seems inverted in the menu you have to press the OTHER pedal.

How do I know this? Because I fly with X52 and pedals of my logitech momo racing wheels.

Edit: another thing, both the controllers must have different ID in windows (2 USB for example).

You have to insert them ALWAYS in the same order (I insert the x52's usb AFTER the wheel's one = Momo-ID1, X52-ID2)

gkll
03-21-2007, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manu-6S:
Dont care about the input box on setup menu: The calibration must be made OUT of Il2 application, you must calibrate your controllers by windows control panel.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Manu refers to is a limitation of il2, it will run/use the other controllers but will simply not show it in-game. Calibration is in Windows....

jeffchele
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Okay, i still can't get it to work. By different id do you mean the location number that shows up when you look at the different usb devices in human interface devices of system. All the usb stuff shows up as location 0. I tried to calibrate the two controllers seperately in control panel but the racing wheels pedals move the y axis, the saitek x52 also uses y. If i try to calibrate either in IL2 then it never shows the saitek x52 in game, as long as i have the saitek hooked up with the wheel the game uses the wheel as its controller.

FoolTrottel
03-22-2007, 12:39 AM
In addition to what others already said:

- Calibration of the controllers cannot be done in-game, but in Control Panel, Game Controllers.
(In there you can see which is first, which is second controller)

- Adjusting sensitivities (the 'Input' screen) will only show the first controller. No problem, ignore that. (The input screen is not to be used for calibration!)

- Assigning keys: Go into the Controls section, scroll all the way down to HOTAS and click on the right part of the screen for each control, then move the axis to assign it.
Like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/fooltrottel/Hotas.jpg

If you want to adjust the sensitivities of the controllers, look at the utilities mentioned in my sig.

For more background info, read this: Tully's guide on sticks. (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm)

Have Fun!

Manu-6S
03-22-2007, 03:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeffchele:
Okay, i still can't get it to work. By different id do you mean the location number that shows up when you look at the different usb devices in human interface devices of system. All the usb stuff shows up as location 0. I tried to calibrate the two controllers seperately in control panel but the racing wheels pedals move the y axis, the saitek x52 also uses y. If i try to calibrate either in IL2 then it never shows the saitek x52 in game, as long as i have the saitek hooked up with the wheel the game uses the wheel as its controller. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at the image posted by FoolTrottel: see the ID2 and ID3?

Try to insert your controller in a specific order and then REASSIGN the controls like FoolTrottel showed.

jeffchele
03-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Thank you all for the help. I did get it working but not until I reloaded the drivers for the Saitek x52 and the SST program. Apparently I was having some kind of problems. When I had bothed plugged in the controls acted screwy for several games.

Draughluin1
03-23-2007, 10:37 PM
I think I had the same problem as yourself. Am using an X-52 with a cheap an old Thrustmaster steering wheel and pedals. First, need to keep the wheel plugged in but tucked out of the way. At first couldn't adjust the pedals and were stuck at 100%, but downloaded the "IL Sticks" program and can adjust the pedals through it.

Goodluck