PDA

View Full Version : has oleg left the building 2

BOB1943
06-25-2005, 10:37 AM
if i were oleg i,d never go back to the building again!!
why would anyone want to put up with the unmedigatted bs about what appears to be nothing more than whine ,whine, whine, about a game.this is a game, not the real thing,so lets treat it as a game and enjoy what we have and not worry about what we havent.
while there are some very fine posts,with positive feedback, a good number of you should be ashamed of your behaviour and selfish want,s and accept what we have been given with gratitude and appreciation as we have bar none the best flight sim ever made . you can rest assured that if any major problems should arise mr maddox and his team will address it with the hard work and integraty we have been shown in the past.we have all been spoiled and pampered with the amazeing add-ons,the ability to add one game on to another to make it even better,beautiful a/c carriers to land and take off on ,quick mission building where you choose what you would like to do instantly and on and on the endless list of wonders goes.we cant thank the man and his team enough for the time and dedication to the sim that we are recieveing and remember that what were given comes out of his profit margin. i,m sure there are many tough hrs spent working on how to solve problems that are bothersome to him and his team and because it,s his creation his wants are even more than our wants .so lets get on the we support you band wagon and show some gratitude and positive feedback for a change
happy flying to all

jw21943

BOB1943
06-25-2005, 10:37 AM
if i were oleg i,d never go back to the building again!!
why would anyone want to put up with the unmedigatted bs about what appears to be nothing more than whine ,whine, whine, about a game.this is a game, not the real thing,so lets treat it as a game and enjoy what we have and not worry about what we havent.
while there are some very fine posts,with positive feedback, a good number of you should be ashamed of your behaviour and selfish want,s and accept what we have been given with gratitude and appreciation as we have bar none the best flight sim ever made . you can rest assured that if any major problems should arise mr maddox and his team will address it with the hard work and integraty we have been shown in the past.we have all been spoiled and pampered with the amazeing add-ons,the ability to add one game on to another to make it even better,beautiful a/c carriers to land and take off on ,quick mission building where you choose what you would like to do instantly and on and on the endless list of wonders goes.we cant thank the man and his team enough for the time and dedication to the sim that we are recieveing and remember that what were given comes out of his profit margin. i,m sure there are many tough hrs spent working on how to solve problems that are bothersome to him and his team and because it,s his creation his wants are even more than our wants .so lets get on the we support you band wagon and show some gratitude and positive feedback for a change
happy flying to all

jw21943

RiesenSchnauzer
06-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Actually I have watched the kinds of posts Oleg personally responds to and he tends to respond to the critical ones far more than the flattering ones. Like any artist the words of a critic sound louder than his sycophants.

fordfan25
06-25-2005, 03:32 PM
if no one ever posted about mistakes ect then games would never get better. the people who "whine" the hardst are in alot of case's the true enthusiest of this game. its the guys who love it the most. you get some guy who picked up a copy in walmart and maby stopes in the forum once or twice now and then and never realy contributes anything, those are the guys who realy dont care about weather so in so plane is close to right. there the guys playing counter strike 24/7 and then might watch a movie like BoB and disde thay feel like playing fighter piolet for a bit.

there are alot of people who are as responble as the DEV team for makeing this game as great as it has become. there the guys who spend the personal time in looking up spec sheets ect on planes,there the ones spending time testing parts of the game to bring into light mistakes that have been made in an attempt to make the game just a step more relistic or more injoyble. some people disagree about the stall of fighter X or the rool rate of bomber Y but there still takeing an intreast and tring to better the game. then like i said there guys who come in here once in a blue moon and start tryn to a$$ kiss in an attemt to get a pat on there back or to make them selves feel like something.

you say stop whining. I say start pertisapating or stop whining about the whiners. at the very least take your own advice and just play the game and stop complaining about the things YOU dont like. such as the guys who "whine" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tater-SW-
06-25-2005, 03:52 PM
I agree. Much of the "whining" is constructive criticism by people who really love the game. Why bother asking for more if you hate it? You ask for more because there is so much untapped potential (and the bones are so great).

tater

Old_Canuck
06-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Then there's those who whine about those who whine about the whiners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regarding the value of praise vs criticism to an artist, it could be argued that no artist works in a vacuum where words of encouragement never penetrate. Constant criticism without the balance of deserved praise will tear down any artist's spirit.

RiesenSchnauzer
06-25-2005, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Regarding the value of praise vs criticism to an artist, it could be argued that no artist works in a vacuum where words of encouragement never penetrate. Constant criticism without the balance of deserved praise will tear down any artist's spirit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree actually. I just don't think it needs to be one or the other. The only problem I have with some critics of the game is that they don't show respect. Expose all the problems and bugs by all means, but show some respect. On the other hand, I think too many people put Oleg on a platform and it just comes off as pathetic.

fordfan25
06-25-2005, 05:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RiesenSchnauzer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Regarding the value of praise vs criticism to an artist, it could be argued that no artist works in a vacuum where words of encouragement never penetrate. Constant criticism without the balance of deserved praise will tear down any artist's spirit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree actually. I just don't think it needs to be one or the other. The only problem I have with some critics of the game is that they don't show respect. Expose all the problems and bugs by all means, but show some respect. On the other hand, I think too many people put Oleg on a platform and it just comes off as pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed 100%. the thing is most people that i have observed are silent more of the time when there happy. but when there are things that arnt going so well thay try to fix a problem. example: when your happy with a game you spend more time playing it and less time on forums. or you talk with others and share stories of the game. this is a rather demanding type of game all the way around compaierd to other types. its a game but its also a sim in that it is at its heart a simulation of something that was once or still is real. in a fantsy or say a space combate sim like wing commander or xwing,freespace what ever there is alot of wiggle room. not only that but real life type fighter planes are like say race cars. theres alot of data on them and people tend to take the performnce of real life things like ww2 fighters much more hardcore. i cant remeber ever reading a 4 page thread on the walking speed of gorden freeman lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and compound all that by the fact this game cant be modded or ajusted by players and that said players must rely 100% on 1c to chang/correct/add things to the game/sim.

when i first started flying this game about 3 years ago i didnt realy take the flight moddles to seriosly i knew in 1.0FB that there is no way a p-47 was that clumsy. the he-111 seemed almost a match in a dog fight lol. but as i played more and more and spent more and more to better play the game as well as started hangeing here with all the great guys that make up this site i started becomeing more hard core i gusse you could say.

BOB1943
06-25-2005, 08:16 PM
enlightening to say the least boys.
happy flying to all
jw2 1943

BOB1943
06-25-2005, 11:42 PM
my misteak,in some cases it SMALL MINDED little boys

SeaNorris
06-26-2005, 02:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BOB1943:
my misteak,in some cases it SMALL MINDED little boys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chill man

idonno
06-26-2005, 11:12 AM
I show my appreciation by converting my 6+ year addiction to IEN's Warbirds into an addiction for Pacific Fighters, and by paying my money for the sim. In fact, I've even said that I'd be willing to pay ten times the price if they would just finish it!

As much as I love this sim, and I do love it so, there are things about it that just make me shake my head and wonder what on earth was Oleg thinking when he did that.

fordfan25
06-26-2005, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BOB1943:
my misteak,in some cases it SMALL MINDED little boys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...............steak???? !!!!! did some one say steak o man now you got me all hungry!

*Dauce Bigglo- male jigolo*

Kocur_
06-28-2005, 11:51 AM
BOB1943! In space of two sentences you called FB/AEP/PF "a game" and "a sim". Dont think those words mean the same. Like any technical creation FB/AEP/PF needs improvements. Dev. team cant possibly test everything. Finding bugs or things far away from reality IMHO burdens community. Because we, those who care, want it to be a very good SIMULATOR, not just a game.
For now Il2 series has no real competition. Seems that trend in sim market is making sims more and more realistic (Lock-On, SH3). Perhaps not tomorrow, but some day there will be a competition for FB/AEP/PF. We who care would like to see Il2 series ready when it comes to facing possible, future highly realistic WW2 aviation sims.

KG26_Alpha
06-29-2005, 03:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by idonno:
I show my appreciation by converting my 6+ year addiction to IEN's Warbirds into an addiction for Pacific Fighters, and by paying my money for the sim. In fact, I've even said that I'd be willing to pay ten times the price if they would just finish it!

As much as I love this sim, and I do love it so, there are things about it that just make me shake my head and wonder what on earth was Oleg thinking when he did that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well IL2 sieres was never intented to be finnished, its always been intented to be updated with new fm and aircraft.