PDA

View Full Version : Who after Ezio ?

killzab
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
It's going to be hard getting atttached to a new character after three games with Ezio.

But what type of character could we get to keep it fresh ? A woman ? maybe...

Or maybe a antihero, who takes the assassin part in the job to seriously ....

killzab
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
It's going to be hard getting atttached to a new character after three games with Ezio.

But what type of character could we get to keep it fresh ? A woman ? maybe...

Or maybe a antihero, who takes the assassin part in the job to seriously ....

Assassin_M
11-29-2011, 12:35 PM
How about this: Numerous Ancestors, during different time periods.

killzab
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Not in a single game, I don't think so...

Assassin_M
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killzab:
Not in a single game, I don't think so... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why not ? If you dont mind me asking..

killzab
11-29-2011, 12:41 PM
It would take too much time and effort to do the research, modelling etc for several time periods just for one game. Don't overestimate the manpower of the developping team. And one full fleshed character needs at least one full game. Ezio got three !

Assassin_M
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killzab:
It would take too much time and effort to do the research, modelling etc for several time periods just for one game. Don't overestimate the manpower of the developping team. And one full fleshed character needs at least one full game. Ezio got three ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dont think they can make another Ezio..
and besides it wont be that hard, they can make each time period have one city..
say 3 time periods =3 cities =3 Ancestors.
Its possible..

ziljn
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
How about this: Numerous Ancestors, during different time periods. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure they would do that. People want an Altair or Ezio they can connect with in some way, and I don't think you can foster that with jumping around in the span on one game. But I don't know how they are going to introduce someone new at this point in the story. It does seem like an odd time to be adding someone new, as Desmond's story needs resolution in this next installment, which implies the ancestor would be a one-off...*shrug*

Unless of course there isn't one in the next game, but I doubt it. I'm interested to see how they handle that.

Assassin_M
11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ziljn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
How about this: Numerous Ancestors, during different time periods. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure they would do that. People want an Altair or Ezio they can connect with in some way, and I don't think you can foster that with jumping around in the span on one game. But I don't know how they are going to introduce someone new at this point in the story. It does seem like an odd time to be adding someone new, as Desmond's story needs resolution in this next installment, which implies the ancestor would be a one-off...*shrug*

Unless of course there isn't one in the next game, but I doubt it. I'm interested to see how they handle that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It`d have to be something amazing..
After Revelations im expecting a nice BIG treat..

S-EVANS
11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Desmond is all ready to go hes the next ancestor, from that point on is hard to say...

desmond is your next ancestor the story is already in place and revelations ensures you understand that. the future ?

well they can link that to anything, a birth, disease all sorts of things...

desmonds father already suggested a possible approach. who knows!!!

SolidSage
11-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree with ^, AC3 should be Desmond's story. The passdowns that were made in ACR shouldn't be derailed with the introduction of a new ancestor.

I think AC3 should tie up Desmond's main tale, completing his mission and ending the current gen console entries with a bang.
Then the next AC on the new consoles should hit up that Japanese era we all wanted after AC1, and Embers has introduced characters from. Lets get our Last Samurai/Ninja on in 2013/14, with main campaign co-op play as the next BIG THING feature.

ziljn
11-29-2011, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ziljn:

Unless of course there isn't one in the next game, but I doubt it. I'm interested to see how they handle that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It`d have to be something amazing..
After Revelations im expecting a nice BIG treat.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and me both!

killzab
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
I prefer to think Ac3 will be around ACR's quality or I may end up being disappointed...

Sevenofnine-st
11-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Whoever that new Assassin will be, he (unless it's actually a woman, which would be incredibly cool but I'm not holding my breath) will have some mighty big shoes to fill, at least from where I stand. I love Ezio and I'm afraid I'm going to look at his replacement with a very critical eye. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LieutenantJojo
11-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Not in a single game, I don't think so... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why not ? If you dont mind me asking.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players wouldn't get enough time to really "bond" with the character(s). Ubisoft is more likely to choose 1 ancestor and really flesh him/her out.

dxsxhxcx
11-29-2011, 05:07 PM
I prefer to think Ac3 will be around ACR's quality or I may end up being disappointed... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking this way too, I doubt the transition from ACR to AC3 will cause the same impact the transition from AC1 to AC2 caused (gameplay wise), I'm not expecting that, I only hope we don't see much of Ezio or even Altair in AC3, a few mentions here and there maybe but I hope they don't make this new ancestor "follow the steps" of Ezio or Altair, it's time for fresh air and left those who already had their time in the franchise behind...

one thing I would like to see in AC3 is the assassins already calling their hideouts "Farms"... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jmk1999
11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
please continue your discussion here:
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif topic closed.