PDA

View Full Version : Where is the port/base "Brest"????

iting47
08-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Hi...guys...during the patrol, I received the message from the base said, "the base was changed to Brest", but I could not find it over the map, could someone tell me where that is? please give me a detail description if you can, or Do I still drive my boat back to where I departed from?.......thanks so much....
my time is during the second half year of 1940......

iting47
08-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Hi...guys...during the patrol, I received the message from the base said, "the base was changed to Brest", but I could not find it over the map, could someone tell me where that is? please give me a detail description if you can, or Do I still drive my boat back to where I departed from?.......thanks so much....
my time is during the second half year of 1940......

Nubarus
08-07-2005, 03:56 AM
Don't you have the map that is included with the game that shows all the ports and convoy routes?

Hoatee
08-07-2005, 04:59 AM
France.

Yen Lo
08-07-2005, 09:19 AM
ya that happened to me to, Brest didnt show up on the map but it was there. Restart the game and it should show up. gl.

DasPhillips
08-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Try about a foot down from the face. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

stinkhammer6
08-07-2005, 09:53 AM
When you get that radio message, go back to your original port BEFORE you look for Brest, dock there and pass out the awards and load out your sub or upgrades etc. After that your mission grid will say NULL, just go out and sink some ships as usual and youll see Brest on the map near the tip of France, when you are done sinking ships, dock at Brest and youll be back to normal.

Frumpkis
08-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah, it's either a bug or a poor design decision that Brest won't show up on your map in the same mission where you get that radio mission.

I didn't want to take the time to return to my old port first to update the game map. So I just checked the location on the printed map, then navigated to the general area on the coastline (passing through the Channel at night... that was fun), and then exited the mission. That landed me in Brest for the next one.

iting47
08-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Don't you have the map that is included with the game that shows all the ports and convoy routes?

what is that map? do you mean the navigation map(F5)????that's the only map i got.....

iting47
08-07-2005, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Frumpkis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hi...Frumkis....
the printed map you mentioned, is it from the original game box, or you just look up somewhere, like Internet?..cause I bought the game from E-bay, all I got is just a "DVD", that's it......

iting47
08-07-2005, 02:19 PM
So, I am just wondering if someone have enought free time, could you please post the map with "Brest" on it..so I am able to know where it exactly is..hahahaha...cause...yeah..I don't want to spend a long time driving back to my old port.....I am in the west of England......it is kind of farrrrrr~~~~~

Frumpkis
08-07-2005, 02:41 PM
iting47, the printed map was in my original DVD game box. Anyway, Brest isn't hard to find, just check any world atlas. Here's a quickie Mapquest map (if this link works):

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&zoom=4&mapda...IpPErk887751F%2bg0aj (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&amp;zoom=4&amp;mapdata=mGvH2Il0CRitZTb7m7l8x n%2b2333f09enDcdDWiFL6Z%2buSncRqio2LlXFsYuGH5i02%2 fxth35TeLqJwbF14hBDfo%2f%2buoYNtFZzy8CJiRVHRkQJKEc KBCjrMNNFekObZEYha7trV7kw5sv%2bMktnyp%2ffnbm3hfkme 5YEn%2fhzTnJ%2bEzaHU97wzfb6v%2bIFoXcWcH3uRATMQaYNQ eAUUu0RdYgLpOegb3cI%2bh9kQEQCmR3z3%2bJFYs%2bwOtQos QrzhFyc5kc2MF1lLAgkD2p8Dq69QywDFhcC%2bv4g4XUYxuiQb ClZCq4IbexzIcyraUElGXVM4065MvfBlmuLQJqFCsSfHe7drHE t%2fVlx%2fY5SgeRh5a8j8%2bFzH%2buypoOkhYYagrhbxKu6t tdom6I%2bTGiTSqzY1miGgsk1zauSdraE9dVZThThRvVvsUIpP Erk887751F%2bg0aj)

pcisbest
08-08-2005, 12:56 AM
LOL I posted about this is techncial support because I thought I was the only one having this problem http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Yep, I got the same message (on August 2nd, 1940) and couldn't find Brest on the nav map. I knew where Brest was in real life, and even on the nav map, I could zoom in and see the port, but no name for it, so I was afraid if I docked there there would be some unforseen consequence.

I also got the "Patrol Grid: NULL" thing, so I am currently en route to Brest, just sinking tonnage as I come across it. This whole thing doesn't appear to be a major bug, but it defintiely is confusing when you first encounter it.

doug.d
08-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Just click on "exit patrol" and "return to base", your next patrol will automatically be from your new base and it will be on the map.

Don't count on going to Brest though, SH3 often tells me my new base and then dumps me someplace else. Last night I was transferred out of the Med to my "new base Brest" but found myself in Bergen. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I've also been posted to St Nazaire several times but haven't been there yet, usually find myself in Lorient in these cases.

S_p_l_a_s_h_1
08-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Brest will appear on your navigation map on Aug 28. If you will remain at sea until then, you can dock there without incident.

If you need to dock sooner, you'll need to use one of the workarounds mentioned earlier, such as returning to your old base, or just exiting your patrol (and forgoing the renown for rtb) ... or you could dock at an existing base nearby Brest. Not sure of the renown remifications there, if any.

Longstanding bug.

Nubarus
08-08-2005, 09:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iting47:

what is that map? do you mean the navigation map(F5)????that's the only map i got..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is also a digital version in your C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\documentation folder.

It shows all ports, Allied ports too and all convoy routes.

It's a very important map.

captsteubie
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM
It happened to me too. I just went back to Germany and tried again. Brest was there on the next patrol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Maj_Solo
08-10-2005, 07:05 AM
Someone said it is there ..... mean ??? not on map but if you sail there you can Dock???

Anyways, it si is game design hickup, after france is "liberated" it can take upto 2 missions before Brest is available.

You immediately get Marsielles, I guess they didn't do much fighting down there so the port was intact, and also the allies prob did not bomb it.

Then you get Lorient.

Then you get Brest.

And then I think I've seen yest another port coming up on that stretch of coast only once I have access the the famous Brest harbour I look no where else.....

yes yes yes I remember now, there is another port coming after Brest which is wide open to the sea. It is like in a horse race, you know, those gates open and out comes the horses, looks that way in this port, like the ports on a race track.

anyways, use MArsielles if none of the others are ready and you don't want to go through the Channel

Grey004
08-10-2005, 10:10 PM
When you get the radio report,instead of heading back to Wilhelmshaven,just dock at a french port,that is as long as its labelled with a blue tag.
Exit patrol there,then,just travel to Brest in the following patrol.
Saves time,that way,the only thing is, in the next patrol listed as "null",you won't gain any renown,unless you go do your own thing,instead of just sailing for a few mins to base.