PDA

View Full Version : Friend can't play on my sever anymore

Ronick01
11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey guys, I bought IL-2 a couple days ago and it was working great. I forwarded my ports (21000 UCP and TCP) and gave my friend my IP. He connected no problem and we played together for a couple hours.

The next day, I made a server again and gave him my IP. But this time he couldn't connect, it just timed him out. I've tried re-forwarding my ports, I thought Hamachi might be the problem so I had my friend uninstall Hamachi from his computer. It seems that no matter what we do we can't get it to work. And my server also doesn't show up on Hyperlobby either, even though I'm positive my ports are forwarded.

Ronick01
11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey guys, I bought IL-2 a couple days ago and it was working great. I forwarded my ports (21000 UCP and TCP) and gave my friend my IP. He connected no problem and we played together for a couple hours.

The next day, I made a server again and gave him my IP. But this time he couldn't connect, it just timed him out. I've tried re-forwarding my ports, I thought Hamachi might be the problem so I had my friend uninstall Hamachi from his computer. It seems that no matter what we do we can't get it to work. And my server also doesn't show up on Hyperlobby either, even though I'm positive my ports are forwarded.

MAXMHZ1959
11-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Check all your firewalls do not block port 21000 UDP protocol. Including the firewall of your router. AV software has been known to block connections too.

Urufu_Shinjiro
11-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Your friend may need to open the il2setup.exe and check the network tab for a dropdown to select which network to use.

Ronick01
11-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Alright, I'll try turning my firewall off next time I host, and I've forwarded port 21000.

We both have the Steam version so when we run IL2setup.exe(It's IL2set.exe for Steam) it just boots up the game.

Urufu_Shinjiro
11-25-2009, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronick01:
Alright, I'll try turning my firewall off next time I host, and I've forwarded port 21000.

We both have the Steam version so when we run IL2setup.exe(It's IL2set.exe for Steam) it just boots up the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Send me a Private Message with your email address and I'll email you the proper il2setup.exe. I'm baffled by Steams decision to remove a necessary tool from the game.

MAXMHZ1959
11-26-2009, 02:38 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Steam removed il2setup/il2set?

I am more than baffled.

What happens when the installer tries to run il2setup at the end of the installation? - The game does need some files configured correctly before it can run...

Ronick01
11-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Steam's installation is a bit weird, it doesn't actually run the setup.

I also tried turning my firewall off and it didn't work.