PDA

View Full Version : NTRK Question

SlickStick
07-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Is there a way to see what difficulty settings were used when an NTRK was recorded on someone else's machine?

Not the obvious stuff like Cockpit ON or OFF for example, but I'm curious as to how one would determine if Overheat was ON or OFF or Blackouts or Realistic Gunnery...etc.

Are the settings available through the Console during playback or by viewing the track in Notepad or similar?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

SlickStick
07-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Is there a way to see what difficulty settings were used when an NTRK was recorded on someone else's machine?

Not the obvious stuff like Cockpit ON or OFF for example, but I'm curious as to how one would determine if Overheat was ON or OFF or Blackouts or Realistic Gunnery...etc.

Are the settings available through the Console during playback or by viewing the track in Notepad or similar?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

SlickStick
07-18-2006, 05:55 AM
I guess it's not possible then? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

dbillo
07-18-2006, 07:20 AM
I don't think those things are embedded in the track, except for any clues you might see relating to those settings.

I've recorded tracks on "no external views" servers, but playback is dependent on my difficulty setting, i.e. I could use external views in the playback.

I've noticed other things that don't work in recorded tracks, like the "no cockpit floating pipper" that indicates the point your a/c is flying towards. That only works while you're actually flying and doesn't become part of the recording.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Like dbillo said, I don't think the difficulty settings are discernible through the ntrks. In fact, some things (like external views) are possible in the tracks that potentially weren't possible in-flight.

TB

SlickStick
07-18-2006, 05:32 PM
OK, thanks for the responses. I figured as much, but wanted to see if someone knew differently.

Yes, toggling "Manual View Control" from the main track menu allows for custom views during playback.