PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Ghost WINNER ANNOUNCED!

UbiMargieD
11-03-2011, 03:41 PM
SHEEEW!!! That was a lot of reading!! You guys are going to be novelists one day. The entries were amazing and the contest was even more difficult to judge than ever before!

First place goes to taytay223554411 for her spooky campfire ghost story "The Graveyard Shift"

Second place belongs to Skylight22 for her "Undeserved Vengeance." She will get this well deserved party table for her room!

Third place is awarded to Carmen-Shay for "Oh Sweet Tilla." Carmen will get to show off her spooky bat mask!

Honerable mentions are:

Balletgrl and "Don't Go Out After Dark"

Camiliyah and the "Ghost of Jones Town Library"

All finalists get the title "Spooky Storyteller"

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED! Expect to see 5 fame points coming your way soon!

Check out the winning stories below!

skylight22
11-03-2011, 03:46 PM
OMG. YAY!
Wait... I just received a black bat mask. Was I supposed to?

vampmagix
11-03-2011, 03:48 PM
CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO WON!! WOOHOO!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

taytay223554411
The Graveyard Shift by taytay223554411

It was cold. Not like a normal October night; it was the kind of cold that chills all the way to the bone. Hephestaeus was on his way to work the graveyard shift at the cemetery. He whistled on the way and greeted the "residents," as he called them. "Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Gustafson," he called. "Its a stiff wind tonight, isn't it?" It was All Hallows Eve, the night before Hephestaeus' favorite holiday of the year. He walked among the headstones and greeted each resident as he passed. Hephestaeus loved his job as caretaker, but tonight, he wanted to leave early. He'd been invited to a party at Anna's, and he wanted to go. Hephestaeus really liked Anna, and he'd decided that tonight, he was going to tell her. He got busy cleaning off the graves, completing paperwork, and sharing stories with the residents. Soon it was 3am and Hephestaeus was ready to go. "Gotta call it an early night tonight guys," he told the residents. "I'm going to a party." Hephestaeus was about to leave when he heard a slow creaking in the distance. He turned around to see if anything was there when he heard another creaking sound,but this time it was closer. Then it got closer,and closer,until he felt a bony hand touch his shoulder. Hephestaeus froze. His heart seemed to stop beating in his chest. "Mr. Gustafson?" Hepehestaeus chuckled nervously. "You go back to bed now, you hear? The Mrs. will be looking for you." There was no answer, but the cold hand remained on his shoulder. "Larry?," he ventured, hoping his boss would respond. "Quit horsing around." Still no answer. Slowly, Hephestaeus turned around, shuddering as a cold breath tickled his neck. His heart had begun beating again, louder and louder in his ears. Despite the cold, he was sweating, his mouth was dry, and his stomach churned. A glance over his shoulder was all he needed to know that he was in great danger. "Mr. Gustafson?," Hephestaeus whispered again, so quietly, he wasn't sure the spectre in front of him heard. Mr. Gustafson was standing in front of Hepestaeus staring at him through empty eye sockets! Hephestaeus looked over at the Gustafson plot and saw that one grave was gaping open like a wide, toothless mouth. The other, where Mrs. Gustafson was buried, was disturbed, like a rodent had been scratching, but from the inside. Hephestaeus licked his dry lips and started to speak, but nothing came out. His eyes widened as Mr. Gustafson's jaws moved for the first time in a decade. "The residents don't want you to leave Hephestaeus. There's a party over here, tonight."

camiliyah
~ The Ghost of Jonestown Memorial Library ~

I was walking down Leesburg Boulevard, on the way to library with my lab partner, Avery. We were working on a science project together. The road was abandoned, dark ,and dreary ,and the street lights flickered. We picked up our pace until we reached the library.
“ This place is huge!” Avery says.
“ I know right!”
We walk in and take a seat at a computer. It was late at night ,and there weren’t many people in there, so it was very quiet. The librarian was behind the desk giving us a weird look.
“Why is she looking at us like that.” I asked.
“ I don’t know ,but let’s get to work.” He says.
“Ok?” I say uneasily.
We start to research. I try to focus ,but I can’t help but look at the librarian. She seemed like she was trying to read my thoughts. I continue surfing the web, but I couldn’t help it. I finally went to the desk , and asked why she was staring at me. She gestures me to come closer , and says …
“ He’s here.” “ He has come to find the girl.” She turns away and walks into the room behind the desk. I return back to my desk befuddled ,amazed ,and freaked out.
“ What did she say” Avery asks me.
“ She said that He is here , and that He has come to find the girl.”
“ What in the world does that mean!”
“ I don’t know ,but lets get out of here ASAP.”
Interrupting the stone, cold, silence ,was a scream. It was so high pitched ,my spine was tingling. Avery and I run to investigate. We get behind the desk ,and we find the door that leads to the room the librarian went through. We get ready and brace ourselves for what we were about to see. I open the door and flicked the lights on. There nothing but a plain simple office with the usual rolling chair, a desk, an ancient computer, and the occasional mini-fridge. We started to walk in ,and the very few people that were left in the library followed.
“ What was that?” the lady that had followed Avery and me in here.
“By the way , my name is Cindy” she said. “ I am Camille ,but people call me Glitt ,and this is Avery!”
“Hey” Avery says vaguely. “ Hi!” she replies. “ Oh and this is Cameron!” “ We have dating for two months!” “Oh! Great! Lets go look around Avery.” I say dismissively.
“ You can but I’m gonna take a nap!” He plops down in the rolling chair and props his feet on the desk. A look of horror appears on his face.
“ What’s wrong Avery?” I asked concerned.
He points at the ceiling. There she was. The librarian. Duct taped to the ceiling. I let out a scream of fear. Cindy was so shaken by the sight that she fainted. Cameron caught her. Avery returns from his state of shock.
“ Let’s get out here!” He says.
We all start for the front door. As I get to the door I push and it didn’t budge one bit.
“ Let’s go through the back” I instructed. We start walking and we realize something. None of us knew where the back door was.
“ Great! We’re stuck!” Avery says loudly. “ Why didn’t we just go to your house Camille?”
“ Because my mom doesn’t allow boys over when she isn’t home Avery!” I say a bit agitated.
“ How about we start arguing and we figure this out!” Cameron says. “ If we keep this up we might not make it out alive!”
“ Ok” I say reluctantly.
“ Ok. How about we spilt up?” “ Cindy and I and you and Cameron.”
“ Sure. Fine with me.” I say.
As we continue making a game plan , someone suspicious passes across the street and around the library. Moments after that the lights go out.
“ Ok, lets rethink my plan.” “ How about we all stay together.” Cameron hesitates.
“ I agree!” Cindy says. She finally regained consciousness.
“ First let’s find some flashlights.” I say.
We head back behind the desk into the room. Luckily enough there were some flashlights in the drawer. Enough for each of us. We decide to search the bottom floor before we climbed the stairs. The next room we went in we found that it was room with the exclusive books. One book I saw was called Magnum Opus. I opened and little dust particles flew out like bees chasing honey.
“ Ughh! This book is ancient like my great-aunt Tessie” Avery said.
“ Hey look here!” Cindy says. “ It says this library was built over 10 years ago by a, Charles Dinahaugh. They say he died in a terrible accident involving a little girl that was only 5 years old.”
“What did she do?” I say curiously.
“ It says that one of the workers were lifting a box of cement, and the girl walked by and she saw the button that happened to make box drop down. Poor Charles was walking under the box when she pressed it and you can pretty much infer what happened after that.” “ Charles was a bitter old man. He had no family, so he was pretty lonely. He never for gave her for what happened, and the ghost has been haunting the library ever since.”
“ Oh my gosh!” Cindy gasped. “ We’ve got to get out of here!”
As we made our way through the book shelves, I saw a shadow pass by.
“ Ahhh! Did you see that!” I screamed.
“ See what?” Cindy asked.
“ Never mind.”
We continued walking through the shelves, Avery was in front, I was behind him, Cindy behind me, and Cameron in the back. I was tripping over Avery’s feet, and Cindy was tripping over mine. We finally come to another door.
“ Hey. Where’s Cameron!” I ask.
We hear a scream on the other side of the door. It wasn’t high pitched but it was a kind of masculine scream.
“Cameron!” Cindy screams. She pushes Avery and I aside and goes through the door.
“ Don’t go Cindy” I say..
We rush and follow in after her. The room was labyrinth of halls. She could have been anywhere.
“ Stay close.” Avery tells me.
I am so close to him that I can feel his heart beat. It felt like he had just ridden the world’s scariest roller coaster. We walk through halls, scared as I don’t what, and we see foot prints. They were made of this red substance. Blood. I start to whimper. Then a tear runs down my cheek. Avery’s heart beat gets faster. We start to turn a corner to an opening. There. On the wall. Written in blood. It says Your getting warmer, get too warm you burn up in flames. “ EEK!” I scream. “ What are we going to do Avery?”
“ I don’t feel like dying!”
“I actually want to graduate, go to college, and get my degrees! I can’t do that if I’m murdered!”
“ What am I going to do! What are we going to do!” “ I know what we are going to do! We are going to…..”
“ Don’t say it!” Avery yells. “ We are going to make it through this together!”
“ Now shut up and follow me!”
As appalled and shocked as I was I follow him anyway. As we pass the wall, I shake and I start to shiver. We a set of stairs that leads to attic.
“ Come on. This way.” Avery whispers.
We creep up the stairs. We finally reach the top and we open the door. As we open the door It falls off its hinges.
“ You think with 2,000 pounds of marble they could at least afford a decent door.” I say.
“ Hah.” Avery gives a short dry laugh.
“ Wow! Tough crowd!” I add.
“ Stop joking around!” He says.
I mimic him and continue walking. The room looked liked no one had been there in ages. There were cobwebs in the nook and crannies of the room ,and there were moth holes in the curtains. I go to look through the window.
“ Hey look there is a ladder!” I say. “ Let’s get out of this place!”
I try to hop through the window almost throwing my self out.
“ Wait! Stop! I thought we had to find Cameron and Cindy!”
I reflect on whether to go through the window or get out and find them.
“ Fine.” I say reluctantly.
Avery always had a good heart. That’s the one thing I like about him.
“ Let’s see what in this closet.” He says.
I open the door and I find two bodies duct taped to each other. It was Cindy and Cameron. I check to see if there was a pulse. They both were breathing. We unwrap them , and check them for wounds.
“ Are you guys ok!” I say with full concern.
“ Yeah. We are fine let’s get out of here!”
All four of us scurry down the ladder. As soon as I get signal on my phone, I call the police. After we were taken in for questions, we go home. Avery walks me home. We stop at the doorstep.
“ I’m glad you were there.” I said. “ You made me feel safe.”
“ I’m glad I could be there.” He says arrogantly.
He leans in to kiss me.
“ That doesn’t mean there is anything between us. See you at school tomorrow.” I say, then I walk inside my house leaving him with a dumbfounded look on his face.

I head to my room. I take a shower ,and get ready for bed. First I pass by my brother’s room. When I walk in I see that he isn’t in the room. I look around just being nosy, and in is his closet I find bucket of red liquid and a roll of duct tape. The roll had barely an inch of tape left on it. I rush back to my room and call Avery on the land line. All I could hear was the dial tone. I reach for my cell phone where I left it. It wasn’t there.
“ Looking for this?” My brother says.
“ Thanks.” I say with a fake smile on my face trying to hide the fear I was feeling on the inside.
I reach for the phone but he pulls his hand back.
“ What are you doing?” I ask.
“ You know too much Camille.” He says slyly.
“ What do you mean.” I ask trying to sound as innocent as possible.
“ You know I what mean. You saw what was in my closet.”
“ You know you don’t want to get to warm or you’ll burn up in flames.”
He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a bottle of water. Or so I thought. I was actually full of lighter fluid. Out of his other pocket he pulls out a lighter.
“ Don’t do this. Your better than this.” I say.
“ But you’re too warm Camille. Too warm.”
He throws the lighter fluid in front of me ,and sets it on fire. He leaves the room and closes the door. I scream my head off. I wake up sweating, breathing hard and twitching.
“ He’s not real. There are no such things as ghosts.” I say to myself.
“ That’s what you think.” I hear a voice say.
Next thing I know I am dragged up under my bed.
“ Welcome to my world.”The voice says.

So sorry for it being extremely long. My brain just had a thousands ideas at the time. I know you have enough to read. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

skylight22
11-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Undeserved Vengeance
Erin Smart Grace
skylight22

"Jess."
Jess looked up to see her friend Kristen standing by the door. "Ready to go?"
Jess nodded and stood up.
Kristen grinned. "Let's go."
The two girls walked outside and to the sleek new car which sat in the driveway. They stood for a moment. They looked strange next to each other; Jess was short and thin, with straight dirty-blond hair down to her shoulders, and Kristen was tall and slim with bleached blond hair that just went past her ear, which had two piercings.
Jess walked towards the car nervously, and cautiously got into the back seat, but Kristen leapt toward it like a gazelle, and stood, stroking it for a moment. "Isn't it gorgeous?" she called to Jess.
Jess nodded. "Uh-huh." But the truth was, she didn't like it. Too fancy and extravagant. When she got her license, she would choose something simpler.
Kristen was sixteen, two years older than Jess, who was only fourteen.
Kristen got in the car and glanced back at Jess. "Aw, is the wittwe baby newvous?" she asked jokingly.
Jess glared at her. "Shut up, Kris! I'm fine."
Kristen put her hands up. "Whoa, I didn't say anything." She smirked into the rear-view mirror. "You are, aren't you?"
Jess sighed. "Maybe a little."
Kristen grinned. "Trust me, Jessie. I can drive. Isn't that why they gave me a license?"
Jess didn't answer. She felt sick. She hated the name Jessie, and she wasn't so sure abut trusting Kristen.
"Relax," said Kristen as she pulled out of Jess's driveway. "It'll be cool."
"Sure," Jess muttered, but Kristen only smiled into the mirror.
Jess clenched her fist the whole drive. She had never felt car-sick before, but this must have been what it felt like at its worst.
Finally, she asked, "Kristen, where exactly are we going?"
"The church. Then we come back."
Jess shrugged. "Kay."
They drove for a couple of minutes more, then reached the church. Kristen let Jess out for about a minute for fresh air, then it was back on the road to Jess's house. About halfway through the ride, Jess opened her mouth to discover that she was feeling much better. She looked up to see that Kristen was driving smoothly and calmly. She looked back at Jess. Jess flashed her a thumbs up and smiled. She mouthed 'I feel better' to Kristen, and Kristen grinned and looked back at the road.
When they got to Jess's house, Kristen smiled at Jess. "Trust me more?"
Jess nodded. "Tomorrow, then?"
"What time?"
"3:45?"
Kristen grinned. "See ya." She rolled up the window and backed the car out of the driveway. Jess watched it speed out of sight.
She trudged back inside just as the phone rang. Jess grabbed it. "Hello?"
"Hi, Jess? This is Mrs. Farrell. I was wondering, could you please babysit for Evan tomorrow about 3:15? Thomas and I have a last minute baby-shower to go to, and we can't bring Evan, we're too scared he'll break something."
She caught my breath. "I'm really sorry, Mrs. Farrell... I have plans."
"Jess, please!" Mrs. Farrell sounded hysterical. "I've already called 3 babysitters, they all said no, and I need to go to that shower!"
She found herself saying, "Sure."
"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Jess, you have no idea how much this means to me. It's just, my sister just found out she was pregnant, and she insists on having the shower tomorrow."
"No problem."
Jess hung up the phone and groaned. Little Evan was nice enough, but he was hyper and naughty. Even for a four-year-old.
That night, Jess had to get everything ready, like always; Put all foods with even a tiny nit of sugar up high and hidden away, throw rugs and mats and pillows on the floors, put sharp objects out of reach... Same as always.

The next day at 3:00, the doorbell rang. Jess went to answer it. It was Mrs. Farrell and Evan. Evan was holding his mother's hand but staring off into the distance, his head cocked. He was a cute four-year-old, with blond hair cut into a buzz cut, a few freckles on his nose, and big blue eyes.
Mrs. Farrell smiled at Jess. "You know the drill. Salty crackers for snack, milk... the usual."
Jess cleared her throat. "Mrs. Farrell, would it be okay if I took Evan for a drive?"
Her eyes bugged out. "You're only fourteen!"
Jess blushed. "A friend of mine can drive, she's sixteen, so I was just wondering..."
Mrs. Farrell sighed. "Okay, fine. As long as all the windows are closed. He once fell out of a car window... Fortunately, it was on a small road."
Jess shook her head. "Of course, Mrs. Farrell."
"Good." She waved. "Bye, Evan! Bye Jess!"
Jess and Evan waved as she left. Then Evan turned to Jess. "When do we go? You're house is boring."
Jess took him inside, gave him milk and crackers, then played, or attempted to, play Uno with him, but he didn't get it and threw the cards everywhere.
Finally, at 3:45, Kristen pulled into the driveway. "Hey, Jess! Who's with you? You're boyfriend?"
Evan scowled. "Jessie's my babysitter."
"Jess," Jess said automatically. "My name is Jess, Evan."
"Whatever, you two, just get in," Kristen said.
Jess buckled herself into the front, while Evan sat in the back.
"Doesn't he need, like, a booster seat?" asked Kristen.
Jess shrugged apologetically. "I don't have one."
"Whatever. Let's roll."
As soon as they started driving Evan started to squirm. He made annoying noises, buzzes and bangs and shrieks. He laughed for as long as he possibly could, burped, coughed, and laughed some more.
Kristen's hands tightened on the wheel. Her knuckles turned white. "Jess, tell your kid to stop."
"Evan, stop it!"
Evan got louder and louder until he was so loud that Jess screamed, "SHUT UP!"
Kristen, in surprised, slammed on the brakes. The tires skidded. And what happened next happened so fast that Jess almost blinked and missed it.
With a bang, another car hit the back of their car. Evan, who wasn't wearing his seatbelt, sailed forward. Jess screamed, and Evan hit his head on plastic compartment in front of him, and he crumpled to the floor.
It could have been a minute, it could have been an hour, but to Jess, it was ten years that the world was silent. Things happened in slow motion... Kristen pulled out her cell-phone and dialed 9-1-1, sirens blared in the distance, Evan's breathing seemed to be getting slower and slower...
Jess woke up in the emergency room, with a doctor leaning over her. "You're awake, good," he murmured.
"Evan," Jess said wildly. "where's Evan? Where's Kristen?"
"She's in shock," another doctor said across the room. They seemed to be leaning over someone else, and Jess's heart skipped a beat. It was Kristen.
"Evan," she said. "Where is he?"
"I think she means the boy," the first doctor said.
The other one cleared his throat. "And how are you related to him? Are you his sister?"
"His babysitter. I was his babysitter."
The doctor raised an eyebrow. "Well, then, he's in surgery. Terrible concussion."
He added under his breath, "Might not make it."
"What!" Jess screamed. "I was supposed to keep him safe!"
Suddenly, Jess heard a drowsy murmur. “Wha... wha happened?”
Jess blinked. “Kristen, thank god you’re awake, Evan-”
“Is in surgery,” the doctor finished. “Really terrible concussion.”
Kristen groaned. “My head hurts.”
The doctors glanced across at each other again, but said nothing.
Jess closed her eyes. She now realized, she hurt all over too. But Evan... She shivered.
She woke up again, probably only an hour later, just as the first doctor walked in. He looked at Jess. “I’m sorry,” he said. “They tried, but...”
Jess wanted to scream. She wanted to sleep again, but she wasn’t tired. She wanted... Evan to be alive.
Jess’s mother walked in. She ran to hug her. “Jess! My baby! Are you all right?”
No, Jess wasn’t all right. She was all wrong.
Another hour later, Jess was at home, staring up at the ceiling of her own room. Her head didn’t hurt as much, but her heart did. Evan was dead. And it was all her fault.
She closed her eyes, ready to sleep, but they snapped open. Was it just her, but... was the room suddenly colder?

The next morning, someone knocked on Jess's bedroom door. It was Jess's mother.
"Jess? Mrs. Farrell is here. She wants to talk to you."
Jess's breath caught. "Mom, can you tell her to go? Tell her I'm sorry about Evan..."
Mrs. Farrell walked in. Jess could only see her top half, her bottom half being covered by the bed. "What do you mean, sorry about Evan? Evan's fine, dear. He said he loved the car ride, but I told him to be quiet, because it was rude to say that when you and your friend were injured. How is your head, dear?"
Jess stared. "Wha-"
Mrs. Farrell moved to the side of the bed, and Jess gaped. Holding Mrs. Farrell's hand, with his head cocked to the side and staring into the distance was Evan, just as he was before the crash. "Evan, say hi to Jess," Mrs. Farrell said commandingly.
"Hi Jess," Evan said, his blue-gray eyes still staring at the wall. His voice seemed to echo in Jess's head. This wasn't Evan, this couldn't be Evan. Evan was dead. And Evan's eyes were just blue. Not blue-gray.
Jess sat up and studied the small figure that stood next to Mrs. Farrell. He was just barely shorter than Evan, his skin paler. His freckles were dark against his skin, like little holes on his nose, and his hair seemed messier. But looking at him up close and straight on, he looked exactly like the real Evan had.
And this one had called him Jess. Evan never called her Jess, always Jessie. This wasn't him. It couldn't be.
"Anyway, if you're up to it, would it be okay if you babysat him again today?" Mrs. Farrell was saying.
Jess swallowed. "I'll do it." She knew she shouldn't have said it, but she had to know more about this thing, this empty shell that was supposed to be Evan.
"Good. Would 4:00 be okay?"
"Anytime is fine," said Jess a little too quickly. Mrs. Farrell narrowed her eyes a little, then gave a little shrug to no one in particular. "Alright. See you then."

4:00 seemed to come too quickly. By the time the doorbell rang, Jess was starting to seriously rethink her decision, but it was too late. She opened the doorbell looking straight ahead. She was tall for a 14-year-old, and the exact same height as Mrs. Farrell, who was the one she wanted to see, not Eva. But where Mrs. Farrell should have been was empty space. Jess looked down in surprise to see Evan standing in the same position, but this time he wasn't holding anyone's hand and his eyes were looking straight at Jess.
"Hello, Jess," his voice echoed.
"Come on in, Evan," she said, a little surprised. "What do you want to play?"
"Uno," he said immediately. Jess, remembering yesterday, raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Okay."
He followed her inside. Everything she did, he mirrored- when Jess scratched her eyebrow, he did too. When she sneezed, he did too. She stopped, but he kept going, slamming right into her with surprising force for a four-year-old.
"Watch it, Jess," he sneered, and walked around her.
While they played Uno, Jess couldn't concentrate. This Evan was still, silent, quiet, not the energetic kid who Jess was watching yesterday. This was more like an adult.
At about 6:30, Evan got up. "Bye, Jess." He went downstairs and out through the front door.
He hadn't opened it.

Sleep came soon after she went to her room to lie down. Jess woke up early in the morning though, to...
She screamed. In life, those eyes had always looked so beautiful, but now... they weren’t even a little blue. They were dark gray, the color of storm clouds.
The empty shell of Evan let out a ghostly cry. It wasn’t scary, Jess now realized- it was depressing.
“Evan,” she whispered. “I’m sorry.”
It approached her cautiously. Just when its white hand was about to close upon her throat, it was gone.
Jess held her head with her hands. She was hallucinating, hearing voices... her head must have been worse than the doctors had thought.
Suddenly, she screamed. Evan was back, his cold hand was closing around her throat.
“I didn’t want death,” it murmured. “I wanted life. You ruined that. Why?”
“You aren’t Evan,” Jess whispered, terrified.
“I am!” It sounded as though it was trying to convince itself. “I am Evan Farrell!” It moved closer to Jess, and its eyes suddenly changed. In a second, Jess could see Evan growing up, coming home from school with a report card full of A’s, Evan getting married, Evan becoming president...
“No.” Jess’s eyes widened.
“You changed all that,” its voice hissed. “And now-”
Its cold hand closed once more upon Jess’s throat, this time tighter. “-you will pay,” was all Jess heard before her eyes closed forever.

Balletgrl
<span class="ev_code_BLACK">Don't go out after dark.
That was what he had told you, that strange kid in your class. Everyone said he had just moved into town, like you. For some reason though, he seemed like he knew everything about the town. He seemed to know everyone's names, and where all the trees stood, and where all the leaves fell, and what had happened in the past, and where.
And he seemed to know you more than you knew yourself.
So when he told you to not go out after dark, it didn't surprise you. While it was pretty creepy knowing a stranger that knew you all too well, he must've known as well that you were afraid of the dark. His warning was the least bit suspicious to you at the moment. So, making a quick deicision, you chose to trust yourself and your own judgement. Not taking the good advice, you left that day, walking straight past him, and into the bright daylight. The sun shone down on you as the warmth crept around your whole body. That night was All Hallows Eve in the city of Salem, where you now lived. You were determined to prove to yourself that the dark was a fear in your mind no more. However, taking the advice of someone who obviously knew more than you would have been wise.
He had warned you about going out after dark that night.
Especially without light.
Especially by yourself.
And especially with a mind like yours.
Not knowing what that meant or if it was a kind of insult, you strode past, your nose in the air and not a care in the world.
However, he didn't tell you nearly everything. He left out something very crucial.
Something crucial, that others before you only figured out after.
After - of course - it was too late.
**********~*~**********
At around 10 o'Clock was when it was supposed to get dark, but for some reason, that night, it was nearly pitch black around 8:45. Walking out, you kept a black shirt on and black pants. With only socks to guard your feet, so no one would know you were there, you covered your face with the hood on your jacket and crept along the park across the street. Scaring people as you passed by, jumping out at them, you seemed to notice they all carried flashlights. Knowing it was Halloween and there were Trick or Treater's about, it didn't suprise you.
Not being very wise, you didn't see how every individual had an L.E.D. flashlight with a bright florescent piece of duck tape around it. Every adult, every little princess, and every 5 year old vampire. You also didn't see how most of the people outside were teenagers. Being new, you didn't know any of their names, but they knew who you were.
"New girl! You better get home!" They would call to you as they rushed past. Thinking they were messing with you, you kept walking through. Around 11 was when the chill had set in. No longer the warmth of the sun during the day, the big ball of energy lightyears away had now gone to sleep and left behind a cold icy mist to bathe in.
As you tilted your head up to they sky, your neck aching from the weight of your head, you seemed to finally notice that the moon had not come out yet. Searching and spinning to check, there were also no stars to be seen. Squinting hard to see if there was any sign of a cloud, the mist seemed to fill up your eyes with some sort of tears and you blinked hard, forcing them out. Only one fell. The cold, salty water made its way down your face and seemed to burn off around your chin. It never fell off your face. It never made it past your lips, really.
These were signs. Signs that you were to leave. Signs to take your peer's advice and run. Run back home. Run to safety.
But poor, innocent, gullible, stubborn, and ignorant little you didn't hear a word of it. You kept going on, not having the least bit of a clue as to how much you would rue this day in the future.
The future, being the little time between now and Scour Hour.
But that would just have to wait for now.
For now, you looked back up again to the pitch black of the sky. To be honest, you could have very well been upside down and looking at the ground. Everything around you had become nearly impossible to make out. All the streetlights had been out and without the moon as the only source of light on nights like this, the world was pitch black and broken as it surrounded your prescence. Not knowing whether or not your voice would make a sound if you spoke, you experimented.
Taking in a deep breath, you screamed at the top of your lungs.
Sure enough, a high pitched shriek came out of your mouth and seemed to shock the cool and quiet world around you.
However, little naive you didn't even know that the clock had sprinted forward from the split-second the ground felt your voice eminate from your throat. From 11:48 to 12 AM.
It was officially Scour Hour.
And you were lucky to have made it that far. To my understanding, most didn't.
But there you were, shrugging and looking back up at the darkness of the sky above you. The endless black seemed to be struck with a single, little, glowing ball of white light that looked millions and trillions of miles away.
Feeling a sigh of relief coming on because there was finally a star penetrating the perfect sky, it seemed to get brighter and brighter. Almost as if it was coming towards you, you decided to keep walking, just to get your mind off of it. As soon as a step was taken past the Tracking Tree, a wind blew past. Of course, with you being so oblivious it wasn't surprising that you didn't notice it.
The point of walking around at such a dangerous hour still escapes me today. As to why you chose to stay and didn't select to budge when they came will forever astonish me.
But sure enough, they came.
It started off with an echo of your scream. It didn't surprise you. The echo had been passing through the town for quite a while. What felt like hours really. However, you and your blank curiousity curiously didn't catch that, this time, it was louder. I must say, they didn't do a very good job at that, but they did do a good job at picking the perfect victim.
They would have you within the hour. Just as planned.
But of course you didn't know that, so on we go with your story.
Once your watch ticked 12:01, they decided to make their grand entrance.
And what better way than to do exactly what you were doing earlier.
Hiding behind the two Giving Trees, two of the ScramZ jumped right in front of your path. Walking right into them, you fell over and pushed your hands into the ground to catch your fall. The little stone pebbles on the path digging straight into your tender flesh. You heard laughing, but from your vantage point, there was no one there.
Now, I knew exactly where they were and exactly what was going to end up happening, but of course, at the moment, you didn't. However, I know the two members loved to trick. One grabbed onto your wrists as the other grabbed your ankles. Letting go and switching positions, one set of hands was as cold as ice. So cold, if kept on for longer than 30 seconds, you would have gotten frostbite. The other set was as hot as the sun. So hot, if kept on for longer than 30 seconds, you would have been singed and your skin would have peeled off.
Squirming to get out of their grasp, your writhed furiously. As they switched off, holding on just long enough until it would shock your body into a mental state of mind, you closed your eyes tight. The pressure against your eyelashes caused tears to form inside of them. Seeing this, they stopped, knowing their jobs were done for now. As you opened your eyes again, the built up water pouring out like little rivers, you stared forward. The salty water burned up again right after passing your lips as you looked all around frantically, searching for the two who had tortured you.
It was no use. For one, the night was so thick, not even an opaque person would be visible.
On the other hand, the two members weren't human. They were, in fact, members of ScramZ.
But since you didn't know it then, why don't we say who they are once you figure out.
As you sat there, feeling paralyzed at the moment, they started to circle in. Containing your senses and bottling them inside of you, you stood up and brushed the pebbles off of your now pink hands. Backing up, your feet went the other way and walked forward. It was, yes, against your will. What you didn't know was that you were being pushed forward. As you stumbled ahead, a sudden shove lurched you toward a tree. Not knowing what was in front of you until you made impact, the rough bark scratched the fragile skin that covered your face. Your hands that had become raw from the rocks forced into them, and were now beginning to bleed from pushing onto the trunk to get back onto your feet. Turning around and your eyes suddenly squinting, trying hard to see two inches in front of you, you blinked several times just to make sure you were awake.
That was the last time that you were given the chance to run.
One thing that would have been helpful to know about ScramZ was that they always gave you a chance to leave once they started, but if you didn't take it, then you were out of luck. Only one chance was given, and as soon as the minute to get as far away as you could was up, you were basically giving yourself up. You were offering to be collected. After all, that was their objective. To collect you.
Too bad you didn't know what that meant.
So there you stood, and before you knew it, you were sitting on the grass. The cool fresh feeling trickled against the raw-ness of your hands and sweetly stung the open wounds from the tree. The stinging started to increase as you sat there, stunned. Only seconds from your escape time being up, you lifted your hand up and stared hard. Suddenly, it glowed before you eyes and there, in tiny letters, were four scratchy words.</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Run While You Can</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLACK">As you squinted, you could see the letters turn from white to a bright, blood red. The stinging had been a member carving into your flesh. They were giving you a warning. As soon as you figured it out, just like every horror story, it was too late.
Of course.
I wasn't the least bit surprised. ScramZ had a way of figuring out just when it was going to be too late. Then again, Scrach barely had the time to finish the 'n' in the word 'Can'. You got up as fast as you could and started to go, but all of a sudden, the light had reached the ground. With something like an explosion, the light blew up silently as it momentarily blinded you. Soon, you were in the middle of it. Inside of the gigantic orb of bright, white light, you shielded your eyes and squinted hard. It took about a minute and a half to finally gain sight again. As soon as your eyes opened once more, your senses were filled to the brim. A shriek just low enough to be heard by a human was surrounding your whole entire body and caused you brain to rattle inside of your head. There seemed to be a fog that blanketed all around you, so thick, it felt as if you were surrounded with cotton. A smell as if you were stuck inside a tube of toothpaste. A taste as if someone had just fed you rotten eggs inside of milk. And when you could finally open your eyes all the way, there were three shadows coming toward you. The fog blocked them from your vision, but they would soon clear up. That's what you thought as the figures moved forward, but they weren't moving forward. They were growing bigger. With every breath you took, the shadows grew. Soon, your breathing became heavy, and their size doubled with each inhalation. Holding your breath, they started to move forward, actually moving this time. Blowing out slowly, they kept moving and soon you knew they were in front of you.
For some reason, they remained shadows, even though they were standing right in front of your face. If you reached your hand out, you could have touched them, but your head was tilted back to see their faces. They looked down on you, and all they seemed to be was a shadow, no features to them whatsoever.
It was the first step to being collected.
These were the Shadz. They were merely shadows in your mind, but to the rest of the group, they were human like you. The newest members of the ScramZ, once you were collected, you became a member. These were the newest ones, so they were the most human. It also didn't matter what you did or how you reacted to them, as long as you kept breathing, they did their job. If you didn't, then you would die, and everyone's job would be cut short.
Which no one minded.
But sure enough, you kept breathing, just to stay alive. With each inhale the shadows grew. Soon, they were 5 times as tall as the Empire State Building. Opening your mouth, you shrieked as loud as you could.
As you screamed, they grew rapidly, taller and taller they rose and you forced yourself to stop. Once you stopped, they stopped as well.
As you breathed a sigh of relief, they sprouted slightly and you held your breath yet again. Only seconds after, a dark circle seemed to form where their mouths would have been. With a sudden inhale, they screamed. Perfectly imitating your own, they grew bigger and bigger and you chorused along with them, against your will.
Soon, the bright white room was gone and darkness surrounded the abyss you felt you were stuck in. Looking up, there was the tiniest speck of white that seemed impossible to make out. Forgetting about everything, you inhaled slightly and soon, the little spot was filled and the sensation of falling followed.
Landing hard on the grass again, this time, it felt brown and crusty. Lifeless and dry, just like how your mind now felt, your hands stung even more from the words written on them now.
Before your eyes, there was another bright light, shining on your face. As you squinted, there was a figure behind it.
"What did I tell you?" It asked, the voice brisk and familiar.
You searched and shielded your eyes. There he was. The boy in your class. The one who warned you.
"I'm-so-glad-to-see-you-." You rasped, barely elligible. Not talking for around half an hour and the closest thing to a word being a scream, it was hard to push any sound past your lips.
"Didn't I tell you to not go out after dark?" He asked again.
"Yessss." You droned out unwillingly. Your tounge seemed to get caught, as if someone had grabbed hold of it. Before you knew it, they let go again.
"I warned you for a reason. This is Scour Hour and you've become the victim." He said, his voice like a drain, sucking away the life inside of your own soul.
"Wha-" You mumbled, not pushing any air past your lips. The sound was more of a groan. A sensation of a brush went through your hair as you sat and looked up at the boy.
"The ScramZ come out to collect after dark. 12-1 is Scour Hour and tonight, they're going to collect you. Once you've been collected they have you. Its like signing your life away to the devil. They control you and its your job to collect others on the night of All Hallows Eve. Its tradition here in Salem." He said, draining color away from himself as well as you. You could feel it. How it had a feeling has always baffled me.
"How-do-you-know? You're-" You started again, just barely rasping. It was a wonder how he could hear you.
"New. I know that. I've just been reincarnated. My mother was one of the witches put on trial here at Salem. She was burned by the stake." He said, sucking in the life from around him. The trees seemed to wither away as the flowers lost shape and drooped lower and lower. The fountain lost any water flowing through it.
"But-that-would-make-you-" You started off yet again.
"Old? Yes. Very... very old." He said, breathing in the last bit of life anywhere from Salem to China.
Soon, his eyes went away. Only his body stood there, lifeless itself as was everything around him.
A sharp pricking feeling soon met your foot. The sensation was incredibly impleasant, as if a needle so sharp it could have poked through your skin with the slightest touch. It pierced through and dragged itself along, seeming to form letters yet again, just like on your hand. Going along your arm, there was a duller pain coming along.
"Scrach has come. I'm sorry you didn't listen." The boy said, his eyes flickering once. There seemed to be the slightest bit of sympathy trailing inside them. They soon dissapeared again, and the second they did, there was a sentence forming along your arm, going up it.
The pain irritated your hand even more. The pain in your foot seemed to go away as the words were forming before your eyes on your arm.</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">YoU hAvE bEeN</span> <span class="ev_code_BLACK">appeared. Tears formed in your eyes as the pain stopped. The boy stood in front of you, looking down and grinning ever so slightly. A scream came from you lips involuntarily as the pain surged yet again on the sole of your foot.
"Help. Help please!" You screamed at him, the muscles in your leg contracting as you felt the words forming again on the soft flesh of your foot.
"I cannot." He muttered, his grin falling and his face stoning over.
You looked up at him, helpless, as your foot was silently being dug into.
"Please!" You cried, tears streaming down but burning off yet again after they passed your lips and never getting to your chin.
"I cannot." He muttered again.
The needle dug in deeper. Though there was nothing there and no way to see Scrach itself, you could feel its prescence.
The needle dragged itself along, ripping away your skin.
You screamed and the boy in front of you just stood, lifeless.
Soon, it was gone. All of a sudden, there was the sharpest poke. In and out and it,too, was gone in a flash.
Your arms had fallen asleep, and as soon as they awakened, you reached to rip off your sock, scratching at your new wound.
Folding your leg and placing your foot on your knee, you bent your head to see what had happened to you. Reading from your arm to you foot, the sentence read:</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">YoU hAvE bEeN cOlLeCtEd</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLACK">You looked up again in horror, and next to the boy stood the other six members of ScramZ. Two teenage boys that looked like brothers. They were the ones who had forced you to run into them. One was icy blue and the other was bright red. Two more boys and one girl standing next to eachother. Different ages, but you could tell they were the three shadows. And on the left of the boy you went to school with was Scrach, a 20-25 year old woman with needles for fingers.
Your watch ticked 1AM as it dissapeared from your wrist. Scour Hour was officially over.
"Welcome to ScramZ. Its a pleasure to meet you."</span>

Carmen-Shay
Oh sweet Tilla by CarmenShay

Thomas was on a business trip. Somewhere north of New Hampshire. His boss literally but him on the flight without a word! He was new, a "Temp" they called him. When he got off the raggedy plane, he looked around. It was cold, snow everywhere. The wind made his teeth rattle and the snowflakes hitting his cheeks felt like blades. He walked and walked without a clue of where to stay for the night. The neighborhood seemed old, almost ancient. It was high-class and clean, but old. All the houses were the same. They all had the American Dream, white picket fence, stone pathway, and a tiny bird bath that seemed abandoned. Nothing caught his eye until he came to the end of the street. It was a big home, with red shutters and white petunias by the door. It was a bed and breakfast! "How perfect!" he said aloud and peaked inside. All the lights were on and he could see everything. A grand spiraling staircase making its way to the second floor sat on the side. There were welcoming couches and a fireplace burning hot. He knocked once and the door swung open. An old woman was standing in the doorway. "Hello my boy! Out for a walk? Oh do come in!" she said with the sweetest voice. "Oh thank you!" replied Thomas entering the house. "You are not from around here hm? Well I love new souls! Do sign the guest book dear." she said leading him to the table. Thomas took the pen from the left side of the table and opened the book. He signed his name and his address and glanced at the other names. Or should he say name, there was only one other name. Sandra Belkins, sounded familiar but he thought nothing of it. "Let me take you to your room." she said leading him up the stairs. He almost bumped into her but she quickly moved up the stairs without effort. He was surprised, her being old and all she should be more careful. "This is your room! Right below Sandra's." she said pointing towards a room in the middle of the hall. "Oh! Is she still here? May I meet her?" he exclaimed. The old woman walked away with a smile as if she did not hear him. Confused, Thomas went into the room and unpacked. He went upstairs to see if Sandra was there but the room was cleaned out. He went downstairs to find the old woman sitting by the fire. "Excuse me Ma'm. It seems Sandra is not in her room." he said taking a seat next to her. "Oh yes she does not stay in one room! She roams the house at her pleasing." she said with the soft kind voice. "Oh I see." said Thomas. "Oh you must think silly of me to not introduce myself! I am Miss Laise, Tillia Laise. "Oh what a beautiful name. My name is Thomas, Thomas Caen. "Nice to meet you Mr. Caen" she replied. She adfusted herself and grabbed a cup of tea. "I have heard of Sandra somewhere I just don't know where. Did she live in New Haven before?" he asked as she took a sip. "Oh heavens no! She is a Chicago girl! Very pretty, very sweet. Oh sweet Sandra, Oh so sweet." she said putting the cup down. "Hm, was she famous? A writer? an actress?" he said getting anxious. "Not famous definitely no. Too sweet to be famous. Oh sweet Sandra, oh so sweet." she said. "Was she in the...Oh wait I have got it! She was the Chicago Disappear girl! She went with her classmates for a field trip to learn about the seasons. And then.." he was cut off by the clacking of heels above him. "Is, is that her?" he said sinking into his seat. "Oh yes! She wears the clicking heels. Oh sweet Sandra, oh so sweet." she said putting the tea on the tray. Without a word Thomas got up to go up stairs to see Sandra. He got up the stairs and "Oh!" he screamed. "You startled me Miss Tillia...how did you get up here..." he was cut off, "None the matter dear it is time for bed!" she said. "I was just going to see Sandra" he said walking into the room. The door shut and the room was dark. He turned on the lights but they immediately turned off. "Must be bad wiring." he said to himself. He turned on the television, "Only one channel? Well atleast its the news." he said sitting down. The anchor man spoke confidently at his desk, "Good morning America!" he said. "Good morning?" Thomas said, "It is night...isnt it?". The anchor man spoke more, "In local news, we all remember Sweet Sandra the girl from Chicago. Well she is still lost and her parents are not giving up! Also there have been reports of a missing young man." the anchor man said. "Thats right! She was missing! I knew it! But whats this talk about a young man missing?" Thomas said leaning towards the television. "The name to know and to look for? Thomas Caen. He has been missing since three days ago when he went on a business trip. Keep your eye out for him! Heres a picture!" the anchor said. Thomas froze, he was looking at his picture from his business card. "That, that can't be right..." he said. Thomas became frightened and frantically packed is things! He turned around to turn off the television and his things were unpacked again! He left his things and went for the door. It opened and there was Miss Tillia, right infront of him. "In a hurry Mr. Caen?" she said in her seemingly sweet voice. "The television..Sandra...I have to go." he said anticipating to push he aside. When he attempted to pass her he walked directly through her. Thomas screamed and ran down the steps yelling, "No! No! No!". He got to the door tried the handle, it was locked. He peered out the window, the snow was gone and it was spring. "This is impossible!" he yelled and hit the floor in desperation. "Oh no, did you miss your flight?" Miss Tillia said now at the bottom of the stairs. "Time flies when you are being so sweet!" she said now look down at him, "Oh sweet Thomas, oh so sweet.".

sakuramei
11-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Congrats to the winners!

jade12345
11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Congrats to all the winners! I loved the storys! I havent read all the winners ones but I read a couple of them!

artsaboveall
11-03-2011, 05:40 PM
CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sassyfashion
11-03-2011, 05:51 PM
CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and oh my... erin u were suppose 2 get the table....... ur the 2nd place winner.... soooo odd!

SoccerBalls23
11-03-2011, 06:31 PM
CONGRATS! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

nicole92598
11-03-2011, 07:21 PM
CONGRATUULATIONS UU GUYS! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

reesespuffs387
11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
aww man i knew i wasn't gonna win i never win anything but congratz u guys

FancyEmerald36
11-03-2011, 11:28 PM
I NEVER WIN!! TO ANYTHING!! congrats winners

pinkgeek2011
11-04-2011, 02:03 AM
sigh....I spent an HOUR thinking up the story...writing it down on a peice of paper...writing it down on here...OOH! OOH! I have another story contest Idea! Medevil! ever heard of Gail Carson Levine?=BEST.AUTHOR.EVER. Ilove her books! especially "Fairest"

jinn-sylvia
11-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Congratulations, winners!!!!!!!!!

Erin, I had told you many times I think you are really talented! Awsome story! Congratulations!!!!!

Again, excellent stories, everyone!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

UbiDarla
11-04-2011, 10:06 AM
If we could have picked all our favorite stories, there would have been A LOT of winners. I absolutely loved the submissions to this contest. You guys ROCK! CONGRATS winners, and congrats to everyone else for writing something awesome and sharing it!!

skylight22
11-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by jinn-sylvia:

Erin, I had told you many times I think you are really talented! Awsome story! Congratulations!!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks Geena! You should have one the...
MOST SUPPORTIVE!
CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THIS UNOFFICIAL PRIZE!!!

skylight22
11-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by sassyfashion:
CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and oh my... erin u were suppose 2 get the table....... ur the 2nd place winner.... soooo odd!
Wait, I got the table AND the mask... Was I supposed to??

jinn-sylvia
11-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by skylight22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jinn-sylvia:

Thanks Geena! You should have one the...
MOST SUPPORTIVE!
CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THIS UNOFFICIAL PRIZE!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LOVE my unofficial title XD
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jessienoo10
11-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Congratz u guys. I wanted to win but i guess i didn't. AWWWW. Oh well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Balletgrl
11-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I had so much fun writing! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for mentioning me! XD

And CONGRATS PPLZ!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

I just LOVE Imagine Town. It helps me explore myself! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I liked writing that story more than I thought I would! I wanna turn it into a full blown story now! XD

AND... CONGRATS PPLZ!

XD

Again!

http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

vampmagix
11-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pinkgeek2011:
sigh....I spent an HOUR thinking up the story...writing it down on a peice of paper...writing it down on here...OOH! OOH! I have another story contest Idea! Medevil! ever heard of Gail Carson Levine?=BEST.AUTHOR.EVER. Ilove her books! especially "Fairest" omg i http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif her!! i've only read her 'Ella Enchanted' though; hoping to get the 'Fairest' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

iiiii4
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
<span class="flash-video"> [/FLASH_VIDEO]like it wins[FLASH_VIDEO] </span>

iiiii4
11-05-2011, 03:35 PM
how do you maak a pickshrs

pinkgeek2011
11-05-2011, 04:11 PM
nina! how did u get that sig? and geena too!

loveangel143
11-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Neens (Nina) made em

UbiLorelai
11-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Congrats to everyone who won!

To those who didn't win, don't let this stop you from entering other contests we have! All of you are SO talented. The most talented girls I've ever seen! We mods are so lucky to get to read stories that are so creative.

loveangel143
11-05-2011, 04:53 PM
CONGRATSOS! AMAZING AMAZING JOBZ!

karlapalma
11-05-2011, 04:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gifnice

BSMS13
11-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Yea to the winners! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

BSMS13
11-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by loveangel143:
CONGRATSOS! AMAZING AMAZING JOBZ!
Verity-how did you do your moving signuture?
It is amazing

girl7233
11-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by UbiMargieD:
SHEEEW!!! That was a lot of reading!! You guys are going to be novelists one day. The entries were amazing and the contest was even more difficult to judge than ever before!

First place goes to taytay223554411 for her spooky campfire ghost story "The Graveyard Shift"

Second place belongs to Skylight22 for her "Undeserved Vengeance." She will get this well deserved party table for her room!

Third place is awarded to Carmen-Shay for "Oh Sweet Tilla." Carmen will get to show off her spooky bat mask!

Honerable mentions are:

Balletgrl and "Don't Go Out After Dark"

Camiliyah and the "Ghost of Jones Town Library"

All finalists get the title "Spooky Storyteller"

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED! Expect to see 5 fame points coming your way soon!

Check out the winning stories below!

Hahaha shewww! Like the ones on your toes hee hee!

Congratz to winners! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

loveangel143
11-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Nina made it

UbiJoolywooly
11-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Awesome job to everyone who entered. And congratulations to the winners!

jppopstar
11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
how do you make it

katrina02
11-07-2011, 12:02 AM
congraugalations i did not post a story but oh well. so proud for them! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif demi lovato

rocknglam
11-07-2011, 09:06 AM
I met tay-tay in the game. I know that cuz her title was " Spooky Storyteller "

UbiDarla
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by skylight22:

We didn't mean to give you the mask, but enjoy our mistake! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

skylight22
11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by UbiDarla:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skylight22:

We didn't mean to give you the mask, but enjoy our mistake! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I will, UbiDarla! LOL!

jujujujuju6666
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
i LOVE this story and i'm gem in imaginetown and this story at frist freaked me out love it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Originally posted by camiliyah:
~ The Ghost of Jonestown Memorial Library ~

I was walking down Leesburg Boulevard, on the way to library with my lab partner, Avery. We were working on a science project together. The road was abandoned, dark ,and dreary ,and the street lights flickered. We picked up our pace until we reached the library.
“ This place is huge!” Avery says.
“ I know right!”
We walk in and take a seat at a computer. It was late at night ,and there weren’t many people in there, so it was very quiet. The librarian was behind the desk giving us a weird look.
“Why is she looking at us like that.” I asked.
“ I don’t know ,but let’s get to work.” He says.
“Ok?” I say uneasily.
We start to research. I try to focus ,but I can’t help but look at the librarian. She seemed like she was trying to read my thoughts. I continue surfing the web, but I couldn’t help it. I finally went to the desk , and asked why she was staring at me. She gestures me to come closer , and says …
“ He’s here.” “ He has come to find the girl.” She turns away and walks into the room behind the desk. I return back to my desk befuddled ,amazed ,and freaked out.
“ What did she say” Avery asks me.
“ She said that He is here , and that He has come to find the girl.”
“ What in the world does that mean!”
“ I don’t know ,but lets get out of here ASAP.”
Interrupting the stone, cold, silence ,was a scream. It was so high pitched ,my spine was tingling. Avery and I run to investigate. We get behind the desk ,and we find the door that leads to the room the librarian went through. We get ready and brace ourselves for what we were about to see. I open the door and flicked the lights on. There nothing but a plain simple office with the usual rolling chair, a desk, an ancient computer, and the occasional mini-fridge. We started to walk in ,and the very few people that were left in the library followed.
“ What was that?” the lady that had followed Avery and me in here.
“By the way , my name is Cindy” she said. “ I am Camille ,but people call me Glitt ,and this is Avery!”
“Hey” Avery says vaguely. “ Hi!” she replies. “ Oh and this is Cameron!” “ We have dating for two months!” “Oh! Great! Lets go look around Avery.” I say dismissively.
“ You can but I’m gonna take a nap!” He plops down in the rolling chair and props his feet on the desk. A look of horror appears on his face.
“ What’s wrong Avery?” I asked concerned.
He points at the ceiling. There she was. The librarian. Duct taped to the ceiling. I let out a scream of fear. Cindy was so shaken by the sight that she fainted. Cameron caught her. Avery returns from his state of shock.
“ Let’s get out here!” He says.
We all start for the front door. As I get to the door I push and it didn’t budge one bit.
“ Let’s go through the back” I instructed. We start walking and we realize something. None of us knew where the back door was.
“ Great! We’re stuck!” Avery says loudly. “ Why didn’t we just go to your house Camille?”
“ Because my mom doesn’t allow boys over when she isn’t home Avery!” I say a bit agitated.
“ How about we start arguing and we figure this out!” Cameron says. “ If we keep this up we might not make it out alive!”
“ Ok” I say reluctantly.
“ Ok. How about we spilt up?” “ Cindy and I and you and Cameron.”
“ Sure. Fine with me.” I say.
As we continue making a game plan , someone suspicious passes across the street and around the library. Moments after that the lights go out.
“ Ok, lets rethink my plan.” “ How about we all stay together.” Cameron hesitates.
“ I agree!” Cindy says. She finally regained consciousness.
“ First let’s find some flashlights.” I say.
We head back behind the desk into the room. Luckily enough there were some flashlights in the drawer. Enough for each of us. We decide to search the bottom floor before we climbed the stairs. The next room we went in we found that it was room with the exclusive books. One book I saw was called Magnum Opus. I opened and little dust particles flew out like bees chasing honey.
“ Ughh! This book is ancient like my great-aunt Tessie” Avery said.
“ Hey look here!” Cindy says. “ It says this library was built over 10 years ago by a, Charles Dinahaugh. They say he died in a terrible accident involving a little girl that was only 5 years old.”
“What did she do?” I say curiously.
“ It says that one of the workers were lifting a box of cement, and the girl walked by and she saw the button that happened to make box drop down. Poor Charles was walking under the box when she pressed it and you can pretty much infer what happened after that.” “ Charles was a bitter old man. He had no family, so he was pretty lonely. He never for gave her for what happened, and the ghost has been haunting the library ever since.”
“ Oh my gosh!” Cindy gasped. “ We’ve got to get out of here!”
As we made our way through the book shelves, I saw a shadow pass by.
“ Ahhh! Did you see that!” I screamed.
“ See what?” Cindy asked.
“ Never mind.”
We continued walking through the shelves, Avery was in front, I was behind him, Cindy behind me, and Cameron in the back. I was tripping over Avery’s feet, and Cindy was tripping over mine. We finally come to another door.
“ Hey. Where’s Cameron!” I ask.
We hear a scream on the other side of the door. It wasn’t high pitched but it was a kind of masculine scream.
“Cameron!” Cindy screams. She pushes Avery and I aside and goes through the door.
“ Don’t go Cindy” I say..
We rush and follow in after her. The room was labyrinth of halls. She could have been anywhere.
“ Stay close.” Avery tells me.
I am so close to him that I can feel his heart beat. It felt like he had just ridden the world’s scariest roller coaster. We walk through halls, scared as I don’t what, and we see foot prints. They were made of this red substance. Blood. I start to whimper. Then a tear runs down my cheek. Avery’s heart beat gets faster. We start to turn a corner to an opening. There. On the wall. Written in blood. It says Your getting warmer, get too warm you burn up in flames. “ EEK!” I scream. “ What are we going to do Avery?”
“ I don’t feel like dying!”
“I actually want to graduate, go to college, and get my degrees! I can’t do that if I’m murdered!”
“ What am I going to do! What are we going to do!” “ I know what we are going to do! We are going to…..”
“ Don’t say it!” Avery yells. “ We are going to make it through this together!”
“ Now shut up and follow me!”
As appalled and shocked as I was I follow him anyway. As we pass the wall, I shake and I start to shiver. We a set of stairs that leads to attic.
“ Come on. This way.” Avery whispers.
We creep up the stairs. We finally reach the top and we open the door. As we open the door It falls off its hinges.
“ You think with 2,000 pounds of marble they could at least afford a decent door.” I say.
“ Hah.” Avery gives a short dry laugh.
“ Wow! Tough crowd!” I add.
“ Stop joking around!” He says.
I mimic him and continue walking. The room looked liked no one had been there in ages. There were cobwebs in the nook and crannies of the room ,and there were moth holes in the curtains. I go to look through the window.
“ Hey look there is a ladder!” I say. “ Let’s get out of this place!”
I try to hop through the window almost throwing my self out.
“ Wait! Stop! I thought we had to find Cameron and Cindy!”
I reflect on whether to go through the window or get out and find them.
“ Fine.” I say reluctantly.
Avery always had a good heart. That’s the one thing I like about him.
“ Let’s see what in this closet.” He says.
I open the door and I find two bodies duct taped to each other. It was Cindy and Cameron. I check to see if there was a pulse. They both were breathing. We unwrap them , and check them for wounds.
“ Are you guys ok!” I say with full concern.
“ Yeah. We are fine let’s get out of here!”
All four of us scurry down the ladder. As soon as I get signal on my phone, I call the police. After we were taken in for questions, we go home. Avery walks me home. We stop at the doorstep.
“ I’m glad you were there.” I said. “ You made me feel safe.”
“ I’m glad I could be there.” He says arrogantly.
He leans in to kiss me.
“ That doesn’t mean there is anything between us. See you at school tomorrow.” I say, then I walk inside my house leaving him with a dumbfounded look on his face.

I head to my room. I take a shower ,and get ready for bed. First I pass by my brother’s room. When I walk in I see that he isn’t in the room. I look around just being nosy, and in is his closet I find bucket of red liquid and a roll of duct tape. The roll had barely an inch of tape left on it. I rush back to my room and call Avery on the land line. All I could hear was the dial tone. I reach for my cell phone where I left it. It wasn’t there.
“ Looking for this?” My brother says.
“ Thanks.” I say with a fake smile on my face trying to hide the fear I was feeling on the inside.
I reach for the phone but he pulls his hand back.
“ What are you doing?” I ask.
“ You know too much Camille.” He says slyly.
“ What do you mean.” I ask trying to sound as innocent as possible.
“ You know I what mean. You saw what was in my closet.”
“ You know you don’t want to get to warm or you’ll burn up in flames.”
He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a bottle of water. Or so I thought. I was actually full of lighter fluid. Out of his other pocket he pulls out a lighter.
“ Don’t do this. Your better than this.” I say.
“ But you’re too warm Camille. Too warm.”
He throws the lighter fluid in front of me ,and sets it on fire. He leaves the room and closes the door. I scream my head off. I wake up sweating, breathing hard and twitching.
“ He’s not real. There are no such things as ghosts.” I say to myself.
“ That’s what you think.” I hear a voice say.
Next thing I know I am dragged up under my bed.
“ Welcome to my world.”The voice says.

So sorry for it being extremely long. My brain just had a thousands ideas at the time. I know you have enough to read. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

camprim2215
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
the lost trasure

jayde225
12-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by reesespuffs387:
aww man i knew i wasn't gonna win i never win anything but congratz u guys Just like me! i never win anything! Except when me and my friends have recess we play America's Got talent. I win by singing songs I really know! Next time I'm gonna sing love song! I learned it whole in just 2 days!