PDA

View Full Version : Would You Like a Fatigue Feature in ACR?

payrob07
05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I think it would make the game more realistic to have this implemented into the game in a few parts.

1. Fights- You know how in ACB at the bridge to the Castile you could stand there and fight around 10-20 guards and just mow thru them? Sorry but if you sit there and parry 50-100 hits, your body will tire. I'd like to see a 20 second fight mark where everyone gets sloppier and sloppier with their attacks. ***ESPECIALLY SINCE EZIO IS OVER THE HILL***

2. Running for long periods of time. No one except the Kenyan marathon runners can run that fast for that long. Once again with Ezio being +50, it makes more sense.

I believe that this addition to the game would make us (players) concentrate more on stealth and strategy than brute force and ignorant escape patterns.

chizzy12
05-12-2011, 06:40 PM
No that would get annoying...

GlytchMeister
05-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Normal human limits don't apply to the Altaïr bloodline. They are descendants of TWCB. Plus, it would kill the fast-paced excitement of some missions, fights, and races.

I understand that stealth is your style, and I respect that. However, limiting and forcing gamers to focus on stealth doesn't sit well with most people.

Finally, I must agree with chizzy12. In every game with fatigue, I get rather irritated and bored.

Blind2Society
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Terrible idea imo

Fairus60
05-12-2011, 08:11 PM
I wouldnt really mind it... if applied correctly. It could be as annoying as hell, but if applyed in a similar way as in MGS3 Snake Eater, it could work.

payrob07
05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by GlytchMeister:
Normal human limits don't apply to the Altaïr bloodline. They are descendants of TWCB. Plus, it would kill the fast-paced excitement of some missions, fights, and races.

I understand that stealth is your style, and I respect that. However, limiting and forcing gamers to focus on stealth doesn't sit well with most people.

Finally, I must agree with chizzy12. In every game with fatigue, I get rather irritated and bored.

That's not true at all about normal human qualities, did you forget at the beginning of brotherhood Ezio's back is messed up and has to have meds to do his stuff. Thus proving they still age and don't magically heal from all that stuff. He is old as dirt, he can't move like he used to.

LaCava1
05-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by payrob07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GlytchMeister:

That's not true at all about normal human qualities, did you forget at the beginning of brotherhood Ezio's back is messed up and has to have meds to do his stuff. Thus proving they still age and don't magically heal from all that stuff. He is old as dirt, he can't move like he used to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I think that much of the pain had to do with the fact THAT HE HAD BEEN SHOT, AND FELL OFF A ROOF! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

I would definitely NOT like a fatigue system-Adding something that would drastically change gameplay from what it was would not brew over well with long time fans, such as myself.

SAVMATIC
05-12-2011, 09:02 PM
absolutely not.

this is a video game...

DualFace
05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
1. Fights- You know how in ACB at the bridge to the Castile you could stand there and fight around 10-20 guards and just mow thru them? Sorry but if you sit there and parry 50-100 hits, your body will tire. I'd like to see a 20 second fight mark where everyone gets sloppier and sloppier with their attacks. ***ESPECIALLY SINCE EZIO IS OVER THE HILL***

You need to go and read the latest GI, if you haven't already. Ezio is not 'over the hill'. Him being
50-something is irrelevant when you learn how Ubisoft has put Ezio in this game at "his very
epitome of skill" in his career. This isn't MGS4.

LAME POLL. LAME IDEA.

eagleforlife1
05-13-2011, 12:32 AM
I agree with the OP I just like games to be as realistic as possible so that I can immerse myself in them.

knightshad0w
05-13-2011, 03:25 AM
I think fatigue should reflect in health, instead of being something else.

And I don't agree with your second point, since having to use a horse all the time would be annoying.

crash3
05-13-2011, 04:30 AM
ezio maybe uniquely talented but he isnt invincible. i think seeing him get tired would add to realism and add challenge to the game, it would be very exciting when trying to escape many guards

also it may force you to use things like smoke bombs more if the guards catch up to you adding to variety of the game

the new offensive combat system should make you tired. attacking guards is a lot more tiring than defending against guards so you have to choose the right moment to strike instead of just ploughing your way through 20 guards or so. therefore we need more cooler defensive moves like parrying, i think its too easy and very boring how you can just hold down R1 and you automatically deflect guards attacks

so anyway fatigue during combat would make you unable to do certain abilities like dodging or countering. limiting your abilities in combat due to fatigue would make the game harder and more exciting

EzioAssassin51
05-13-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm with the 'this is stupid crowd' here. Who wants to die every five minutes because of that Fatigue Feature?

You could argue that we should be more stealthy but we'd need to climb buildings a lot to do this right? And you want realism right? That would end up in slow building climbing and, if you want it to go that far, falling off a building after getting too 'tired'.

IMO, it would take away from the fun of the game and the Fast-paced action that keeps many addicted to this game. I doubt many people will want to play it if they are forced to walk slowly everywhere, taking an hour just to get from point A to point B...

ZCherub
05-13-2011, 09:04 AM
I think it would make the game more realistic to have this implemented into the game in a few parts.

2. Running for long periods of time. No one except the Kenyan marathon runners can run that fast for that long. Once again with Ezio being +50, it makes more sense.

I believe that this addition to the game would make us (players) concentrate more on stealth and strategy than brute force and ignorant escape patterns.

Do not want. I would, however, like to see some battle damage/tattered clothing when you need a doctor or to repair armor.

Bruno_Berg
05-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Bad idea, it'd make the game frustrating and boring. Do we really have to strive that much for realism in games? It's not like the jumping and climbing is all that realistic either and I wouldn't want it any other way. If I want to get fatigued I can go for a walk.

crash3
05-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by ZCherub:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by payrob07:

Do not want. I would, however, like to see some battle damage/tattered clothing when you need a doctor or to repair armor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like the idea of seeing proper wounds/tattered clothing and then having to visit a doctor, we could see a quick cinematic of the doctor fixing ezio up after being in a fight

i dont think ezio should be able to carry around medicine that he can some use during combat that heals him immediately its completely unrealistic

i think ezio should have to see a doctor to get healed and not have medicine on his person and also he should heal gradually over say 5 minutes as his health bar gradually regenerates kinda like how the sync bar in AC1 regenerated only it isnt automatic you have to visit a doctor first

the_atm
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
On one hand yes, i mean he's 50 YEARS OLD! on the other no because that would be anoying, maybe if they just made him slower...

X10J
05-13-2011, 03:13 PM
I voted no; I must confess I expected this poll to be a bit more one-sided.

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by X10J:

+1

Why would someone want to handicap their gameplay with fatigue? Just don't get it.
You want realism? How about having your character bleed out and eventually die when hit with an arrow or being stabbed/cut by a sword/dagger. Or maybe we can have him break joints & bones when freerunning or jumping from one building to the other, and then having to let his injuries heal before being able to continue?
C'mon guys.

LaCava1
05-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

+1

Why would someone want to handicap their gameplay with fatigue? Just don't get it.
You want realism? How about having your character bleed out and eventually die when hit with an arrow or being stabbed/cut by a sword/dagger. Or maybe we can have him break joints & bones when freerunning or jumping from one building to the other, and then having to let his injuries heal before being able to continue?
C'mon guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL
+500

raziale
05-13-2011, 04:47 PM
i would say no because to me he already slow enough why add something that's gonna make him even more sloppy if anything he needs to be faster . yes im aware that he is fifty but he has been running at the same speed in all the games.

iN3krO
05-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by GlytchMeister:

The game should force as to focus on stealth until we don't get enough combat system so all newbies just had more time of gameplay (cuz stealthy ways take longers but combat ways SHOULD be harder as in ac1)... Every1 is ignoring my suggestions even those who agree with my point of view... lets hope ubisoft reads what i say...

Master_Rahl
05-14-2011, 12:36 AM
I agree that stealth should be more important and that it should be the key feature — after all, an assassin is meant to be quiet, unseen, and deadly, not as-loud-as-five-hundred-metal-pieces-clinking-together-because-you're-wearing-five-hundred-metal-pieces, right in sight, and deadly.

But I don't agree that it should be forced on the players. There should be penalties for open combat, but not something like fatigue. Some people just like playing that way — who are we to say they shouldn't be able to play like they want to because it conflicts with our own playstyles?

Therefore, I think fatigue should be a no-no.

Perhaps a system where over time you get wounded and wounds make you less effective in combat, giving you incentive to try and end a fight quickly and attract as little attention as possible. The wounds would heal over time as well, and you could purchase special medicine that would remove them.

crash3
05-14-2011, 05:39 AM
i like the idea of limiting your ailities as you get more and more wounded

it could be in stages and the worst stage would be like how ezio was at the beginning of ACB after he was shot where he can only limp around in which case he would have to call in help from other assassins and be forced to visit a doctor where we cpuld see a quick cinematic of the doctor fixing him up-maybe see the od Bandage here and there?

then you would heal overtime which would take a few minutes in game so you arent healed immediately which was one of the features i thought was really unrealistic. the sync bar should regenerate over a couple of minutes as the wounds heal and you have to stay out of combat whilst you are healing

LaCava1
05-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GlytchMeister:

The game should force as to focus on stealth until we don't get enough combat system so all newbies just had more time of gameplay (cuz stealthy ways take longers but combat ways SHOULD be harder as in ac1)... Every1 is ignoring my suggestions even those who agree with my point of view... lets hope ubisoft reads what i say... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes and no. I've been playing AC since November of 2007 (yeah, I was just a little kid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) and the games HAVE gotten noticeably easier. But why not just improve the AI, instead of changing the gameplay style that we have come to know and love? The "newbies" as you say, would probably not like it either. If you want it to be so realistic for someone of Ezio's age, then should he hurt is back while climbing, fall off and die? You wouldn't like that, would you?

Ezio is an Assassin, a descendant of TWCB. He's got more stamina, strength, and vigor than pretty much anyone around at his age, and probably even younger.

So just make the AI be able to counter your attacks like in AC1, where I was ABLE to be killed by the Templars. Make them be able to jump around, and get MISSED by bullets and crossbow bolts.

It'll keep the great gameplay formula, and will be harder.

AMuppetMatt
05-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Seriously?

You post this NOW? Maybe if you had come up with this 6 months ago then it would have been implemented, but you wait until now to suggest it. How do you expect them to put this into an, effectively, completed game. You absolute numpty.

If it's gonna be put in game it'll be AC3. I'm undecided on whether I like the idea or not, I think if it had been put into AC2 or there from the beginning of the franchise then I would have been fine with it and it would have fitted well, but we've gone 4 games without one and it would seem pretty random just throwing it in there.

TheMusingMoose
05-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Once again, stealth is not part of the definition of Assassin. Actually, fighting Templars is not part of the definition either. An Assassin merely kills. Whether this is with a sniper rifle, or a sword, or a hidden blade.

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
Once again, stealth is not part of the definition of Assassin. Actually, fighting Templars is not part of the definition either. An Assassin merely kills. Whether this is with a sniper rifle, or a sword, or a hidden blade.

Actually...

as·sas·sin? ?
[uh-sas-in] Show IPA
–noun
a murderer, especially one who kills a politically prominent person for fanatical or monetary reasons.
( initial capital letter ) one of an order of Muslim fanatics, active in Persia and Syria from about 1090 to 1272,whose chief object was to assassinate Crusaders.

-Dictionary.com

"Templar knights, in their distinctive white mantles with a red cross, were among the most skilled fighting units of the Crusades "

-wikipedia.org

TheMusingMoose
05-14-2011, 12:02 PM
However, the majority of Crusaders were not Templars.

LaCava1
05-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
However, the majority of Crusaders were not Templars.
This X 1000000

KingJoe757
05-14-2011, 12:33 PM
It's a nice idea but as the first comment on this topic it would get annoying.
i love playing it stealth but adding this would be dreadful for huge areas and like the battle in spain in Brohood you are required to fight for at least 5 minutes.