PDA

View Full Version : lack of check points really stinks

tocelot1
06-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I find the lack of checkpoints very offputting. On most games, there is a checkpoint so that if you have trouble with something, you can go back one checkpoint and try again. Instead, on brotherhood, you have to play the whole memory through from the beginning. It is not right, it is not fair and it does your games a disservice. If you go back to a checkpoint because you fail, you should be at where you were in the checkpoint, if you failed later after the checkpoint, it should be reset to you haven't. With as many 100% sync test as you have, it makes no sense to fail and go back to a former checkpoint and still be failed.

tocelot1
06-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I find the lack of checkpoints very offputting. On most games, there is a checkpoint so that if you have trouble with something, you can go back one checkpoint and try again. Instead, on brotherhood, you have to play the whole memory through from the beginning. It is not right, it is not fair and it does your games a disservice. If you go back to a checkpoint because you fail, you should be at where you were in the checkpoint, if you failed later after the checkpoint, it should be reset to you haven't. With as many 100% sync test as you have, it makes no sense to fail and go back to a former checkpoint and still be failed.

xx-pyro
06-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah that bugged me a lot in AC:B, but I hope they scrapped the 100% sync missions all together.

CRUDFACE
06-14-2011, 06:50 PM
There are checkpoints, just not for the 100% sync of course. I didn't know what you meant at first until I completely read your first post. But I do want the 100% ones to still be there, they can show so many different memories that aren't part of the main mission branches of the story. But yeah, would be nice to retry a mission from the checkpoint over the whole thing.