PDA

View Full Version : Collision

nstutt
02-11-2006, 04:35 AM
Had a fright yesterday!

Was in accelerated travel heading after a reported contact near the english coast in heavy fog. Got an alert that a warship had been sighted in front of me and wenbt to the conning tower to see a detroyer corssing my path right in front about 300m away! Had to cancel my engines and turn hard to port and just managed to get way with scraping my front over it. But they managed to get a few shots at me before I could dive.

Survived with minimal damage fortunately.

nstutt
02-11-2006, 04:35 AM
Had a fright yesterday!

Was in accelerated travel heading after a reported contact near the english coast in heavy fog. Got an alert that a warship had been sighted in front of me and wenbt to the conning tower to see a detroyer corssing my path right in front about 300m away! Had to cancel my engines and turn hard to port and just managed to get way with scraping my front over it. But they managed to get a few shots at me before I could dive.

Survived with minimal damage fortunately.

WilhelmSchulz.
02-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Woh. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Close call.

Foehammer-1
02-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Last time that ahppened to me I was promptly sunk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nstutt
02-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Ah well I am playing with the damage mod applied which may have helped matters! I scraped along almost the whole length of the destroyer and thought I was going to die immediately - which you are right would probably have happened with the vanilla unmodded game. But I stayed alive!, they fired a few small guns at me and while I was diving managed a hit from a larger deck gun but I still only came off with 85% damage mainly all the front bow. But for some strange reason my boat seemed to be tilted over a little from then on. Maybe it was the damage mod doing this!

I have to recommend the damage mod you can find it on Subsim - I play with vanilla game only plus only graphics mods except for this one other mod and seems to be a better game for it!

I did try the harbour traffic mod and convoy mod but didnt like either of those much.