PDA

View Full Version : can't log in -- delete your cookies!

M_Gunz
06-17-2010, 12:21 AM
for those who missed it, can read but can't log in

A good free cleaner is ccleaner.

M_Gunz
06-17-2010, 12:21 AM
for those who missed it, can read but can't log in

A good free cleaner is ccleaner.

DKoor
06-17-2010, 04:49 AM
I can login, but I have to delete cookies constantly + site does not "remember" my login, so I have to do login every time I visit here. Something isn't quite fixed yet... either that or this site requires something special... but then again, when I think about it, it sure does... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Crash_Moses
06-17-2010, 05:31 AM
Tried deleting cookies several times. Even tried the old trick of logging in and out of the main UBI site. Problems with both Firefox and IE. Missing smileys, looping logins, unviewable posts...all are intermittant problems that come and go daily. There's a 50% change my sig won't display as soon as I post this.

Not a cookie problem I think.

Xiolablu3
06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks Max, it worked!!

wheelsup_cavu
06-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Others have been having problems and deleting their cookies isn't working. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

For me the smilies are broken as is the IL-2 Sturmovik banner at the top of the page.
It seems my signature has been fixed for the moment though.

Wheels

Dance
06-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I have found that once all your cookies are deleted, logging in with I.E. has caused me no problems since, just do not save your name and password. Logging in fresh every time, I have been able to log in and post consistently since the problems began.

Crash_Moses
06-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Ditto for me Wheelsup.

Dance, tried that also...still no luck. Problems are consistent across three different computers on three different networks regardless of whether I use Firefox or IE.

Deleting cookies appears to temporarily aleviate the symptoms (such as the incredibly annoying looping login) but they always come back.

M_Gunz
06-17-2010, 09:01 PM
I was able to get in and read but had to log in manually every time and then things got worse.
I'd make a reply and when I came back hours later it wasn't there. But a day later it was.

And after a couple days of that, I couldn't make replies at all. The login window would take my login.
I changed my password and still couldn't log in.
So I waited a couple days for UBI to get their code or maintenance together and still no luck.

I deleted my cookies and cleaned up my system and registry using ccleaner and I've been able to log in
and post since. Auto-fill works but auto-log does not. I run Mozilla Seamonkey, closest thing to the old
Netscape all-in-one I liked so much.

While this was going down I noticed threads went from barely moving to almost stopped and I decided that
maybe some were having the same can-read-can't-login-and-post problem so I started this thread.

Things are screwy which rhymes with UBI which to me is nothing new. Hey UBI, SH4 still resets my computer.
FYVM for the $25 that -was- mine your DRM antics wasted. I look forward to not buying new games from you
since my not being able to actually run said games seems to be part of your business philosophy. You get
your jollies this way or is it just an obsession?

blairgowrie
06-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the tips Max. I couldn't post or see pm's and then ran ccleaner as you suggested. I normally don't like that product as it has knocked out my Internet a couple of time but it sure worked this time.

Kettenhunde
06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
The whole thing is screwed up and I have not been able to log but one time in a week.

My one post disappeared as well.

Dance
06-18-2010, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Moses:

Dance, tried that also...still no luck. Problems are consistent across three different computers on three different networks regardless of whether I use Firefox or IE.

Deleting cookies appears to temporarily aleviate the symptoms (such as the incredibly annoying looping login) but they always come back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about that Crash, yes they do keep coming back, it is a forum problem. As a quick fix it does seem to work for me, as long as I am not browsing the IL-2 forum at the time.

LEBillfish
06-18-2010, 10:10 PM
oddly I can suddenly post....Yet how long it will last debatable.

K2

KRISTORF
06-19-2010, 01:17 AM
It takes several attempts to post now, needing a login in for each, and only on IE, FF has no hope.
Very poor affair really

JtD
06-19-2010, 01:21 AM
I don't have any problems at the moment.

But it was difficult over the course of last week.

DKoor
06-19-2010, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KRISTORF:
It takes several attempts to post now, needing a login in for each, and only on IE, FF has no hope.
Very poor affair really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use Google Chrome. I delete my cookies (easily doable within settings) and can login and post no prob.
However this site doesn't "remember me" i.e. every time I visit here I must login again.

Not a biggie, but I didn't have to do that before... again, why we needed that change? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

triad773
06-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Deleted cookies, Login loop in Firefox. Using IE 8 for now.

Hadn't seen anything like this relating to forum software before- must be related to some wierdness with thier authentication server which has acted up before IIRC. Certificate (cookie served) issue maybe????