PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback Question

Phalcon51
06-26-2004, 03:22 AM
I'm using an MS FFB2 stick and the machine guns and cannons really rattle the hell out of it. I seem to remember way back in IL-2 that someone came out with a modified file of some sort for FFB sticks in general, I think, that reduced the gun chatter effects without reducing the control surface feedback. Does anyone know where I can get these files, or if there's any easy way I can change it myself.

Thanks

Phalcon51
06-26-2004, 03:22 AM
I'm using an MS FFB2 stick and the machine guns and cannons really rattle the hell out of it. I seem to remember way back in IL-2 that someone came out with a modified file of some sort for FFB sticks in general, I think, that reduced the gun chatter effects without reducing the control surface feedback. Does anyone know where I can get these files, or if there's any easy way I can change it myself.

Thanks

carguy_
06-26-2004, 03:30 AM
IIRC you should go to Force Feedback folder and remove the "punch" file ehehe

http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

peterm1
06-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Phalcon51. drop me an email at the following address: peterm1 (at) ozemail (dot) com (dot) au.

I have some substitute ffe (forcefeedback) settings files which I downloaded from somewhere (?) which did the trick for me. Just back up your old ones first in case you do not like them. I am pretty sure these are the ones I have installed and from memory they are a lot less violent than the originals.